Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Technical agricultural officer

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭thegreatgonzo

Iloverain wrote: »
    I don't understand tho how you can go over the max. Or am I missing something

I don't understand why this process is taking so long :D

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭rliston

Has anyone heard any more about this?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 hellolad

Been invited for verification test wondering has any one else or dose anyone know what it will involve?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Zlatam

I hear they re going to employ 45 from the most recent round of recruitment?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 mjvw82

Hi All, I missed out by 6 on the aptitude test but I was called a couple of weeks ago to the next round and was told today that I got an interview Thursday week for the TAO position. I can't believe it as I wasn't expecting to hear anything as my sister working in the Dept told me that there was over 100 interviewed and they all made the panel.

Just wondering if you have all got jobs when they are moving onto the next batch of people for interivew, I still don't know what areas they are looking for and I asked my sister but she doesn't know either. She is trying to find out for me now that I got caled for interview, if I hear I will let you know.

Any tips for the interview would be greatfully appreciated :)

• Advertisement

Got called for interview too no idea what it will either 😳

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 lewisdale

Going for interview on Tuesday,fingers crossed.Anyone know how long the process takes before you could start work for them if sucessful?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 mjvw82

lewisdale wrote: »
    Going for interview on Tuesday,fingers crossed.Anyone know how long the process takes before you could start work for them if sucessful?

It's generally slow. If you come high on panel and there is a vacancy in the counties you choose you should get called quickly but the garda clearance and other checks can take 1-3 months from offer to start.

Best of luck Tuesday

Any info what the main things they look for the interview?, how long does it go on for the interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Theredbeantin

I'm also called for interview on the Thursday. Wondering what kind of questions they will ask?

• Advertisement

mjvw82 wrote: »

Just wondering if you have all got jobs when they are moving onto the next batch of people for interivew,

No. I'm down for Galway, Roscommon and Westmeath and the last I heard from them was at the end of April when they emailed about positions in Wexford and Cork. I spoke to someone in February and at that stage they hadn't taken anyone from my areas.

Anyone Hear anything yet after their interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Theredbeantin

No word yet. But I did ask them at interview and they said it would likely be the end of July/start of August.

Strangest interview i ve ever been at!All hypothetical situations,no mention about the role or my previous experience.Anyone the same?

Any news on when they are going to start taking on people?

Anyone understand how the panel works?

Anybody get an offer of employment yet from the last round of interviews that were during the Summer?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 vampira

Did they finish with the previous panel before advertising the panels again.

Ya i d say so .Panel lasts for 2 years and is used up at this stage i d say.Did you put name in?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 vampira

Ya i d say so .Panel lasts for 2 years and is used up at this stage i d say.Did you put name in?

No, on a different panel so just wondering

• Advertisement

vampira wrote: »
    Did they finish with the previous panel before advertising the panels again.

I was on that panel (first batch) and wasn't offered anything.

Thats weird I understood the full panel was used up so they are creating another one of 50 people

I was told nothing was coming up in my chosen areas (in the west) and was given a chance to say yes to certain counties where there were vacancies. But most of those areas were very far away so I didn't.

Would have been worth a try,you would have got transfer nearer home once probation is done.Will you re apply?

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭gingernut79

Oops, can anyone send me a copy of the 2018 information booklet for this campaign? Have to bring stuff to exam as detailed on page 4. Thanks :D

Would have been worth a try,you would have got transfer nearer home once probation is done.Will you re apply?

No I got a different job since, and now that I have a mortgage I can't afford the pay cut.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 helenmaria1970

No I got a different job since, and now that I have a mortgage I can't afford the pay cut.

It's good that you're working, and it will lead to something better..Do you mind if i ask you, from your experience, what i can hope to expect in the interview? The thought of one terrifies me..

Google it.You will see the copy of it then,when are interviews?

I d say all role play scenarious really,when are interviews etc taking place?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 helenmaria1970

I d say all role play scenarious really,when are interviews etc taking place?

Early July..Anyone remember their one..

Advertisement