Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The anything topic thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,354 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

300px-Topic_%28chocolate_bar%29.jpg

You don't see them in the south any more, pity I fancy one now

• Registered Users Posts: 15,457 ✭✭✭✭Kylta

cj maxx wrote: »
    You don't see them in the south any more, pity I fancy one now

I might be wrong but try dealz or a euro giants, i've seen them somewhere before

Why do people talk bollox?
    And why do people listen to them?
    Why do people answer them?

I have a question! I have loads actually but I can only remember one at a time.

How did humankind work out that food tastes better when it’s cooked? Was it by accident when they’ve tripped into a fire whilst carrying a raw chicken or what?

Just thought of another......

Who worked out that grinding wheat down made flour and that flour made bread? What were they up to when they discovered that?

I think im missing something on boards. How come I'm not allowed post on some of the AH topics on boards? It baffling that

• Advertisement

Would it be fair to say if you post something ridiculous that your in danger of being called mr feg? In other words is it the equivalent of being called a spanner in real life?

Why do some people call women birds?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Kylta wrote: »
    Why do some people call women birds?
    Because all of the women they ever meet tend to fly away.

Your Face wrote: »
    Because all of the women they ever meet tend to fly away.

Mad that, what happens if you want shut of the woman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Mad that, what happens if you want shut of the woman.

Unlock the basement and let them free.
    I'd imagine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭tim3000

Why do people believe politicians?

Why do people say "we" when talking about a soccer team they support?

tim3000 wrote: »
    Why do people believe politicians?

Why do people say "we" when talking about a soccer team they support?

1. Gullible. I think

2 they think there part of the time
    I think

Reregs. Are reregs poster who have been banned or posters who have left and reregistered under a different name?
    And is it possible to have numerous profiles by the same person?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,369 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Noodle Toodle could be another way to say SPLAAAAAAAARGE!

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Is there something wrong with boards, it keeps going off for some reason,

Reregs. Are reregs poster who have been banned or posters who have left and reregistered under a different name?

I'd say most re regs are ban related, but just guessing. I wonder if anyone genuinely new has signed up recently. It would be a bit unusual to wait until 2020 to join boards. (Excluding kids who are all on other platforms)

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Meathcat

Is there something wrong with boards, it keeps going off for some reason,

I wondered that too, there seems to be issues every morning now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Hoop66

I have a question! I have loads actually but I can only remember one at a time.

How did humankind work out that food tastes better when it’s cooked? Was it by accident when they’ve tripped into a fire whilst carrying a raw chicken or what?

Just thought of another......

Who worked out that grinding wheat down made flour and that flour made bread? What were they up to when they discovered that?

One of the theories is that early humans would have come across animal carcasses killed by forest fire and, being hunter gatherers, didn't waste any food they came across and found it was tastier/easier to eat.

Hoop66 wrote: »
    One of the theories is that early humans would have come across animal carcasses killed by forest fire and, being hunter gatherers, didn't waste any food they came across and found it was tastier/easier to eat.

That makes sense, because we would originally have only encountered fire as an accidental phenomenon, we would have eaten cooked animals long before we could start fires ourselves.

It wouldn't have taken long to notice that raw meat is unsafe, cooked meat is good.

Hungry for bacon how.

Is boards having some sort of seizure, its keeps showing the last posts at 6 this morning

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Neowise

Get well soon checko.

Glad the hulkster is back for a few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,430 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

not-sure-if-real-account-or-sock-puppet-troll.jpg

Deja Boo wrote: »
    not-sure-if-real-account-or-sock-puppet-troll.jpg

So basically I could be replying to two different named posters who are actually the same person

So basically I could be replying to two different named posters who are actually the same person

...or I am ;)

sqwmpob.png

...or I am ;)

sqwmpob.png

Nope only one me, I'm an original.
    I can't understand what somebody wants to achieve by having multiple different titles. Seems stupid to me. I mean you are who you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,006 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

When dance acts like the Chemical Brothers are playing 'live', what exactly is happening? Is it just a souped-up version of pressing 'play' on a tape recorder?

Why Is it so difficult to post on boards. Its actually a pain having to constantly look at the 503 crap

• Registered Users Posts: 12,369 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

When dance acts like the Chemical Brothers are playing 'live', what exactly is happening? Is it just a souped-up version of pressing 'play' on a tape recorder?

One of the lads has a live mixing desk up in stage and they have loads of synths like, of course there are prerecorded tracks of their intros from the albums, I presume this is like the click tracks that Pink Floyd used to match the music to the visuals. I'd say its the same for the Chems, click tracks to represent Block Rocking Beats, Don't Stop, the Robots visual sequence or the Clown etc.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Why Is it so difficult to post on boards. Its actually a pain having to constantly look at the 503 crap

Am quite sure they are doing the best they can, given the circumstances.

• Advertisement

Am quite sure they are doing the best they can, given the circumstances.

I just can be frustrating at time, especially when your trying to reply to other posters

Advertisement