Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Administrative Officers 2019 in Revenue - Audit and Compliance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Anonire

Galantis wrote: »
    It doesnt say Ollie although it seems to be primarily from the ICTL panel so that would indicate Dublin.

I think they ran a separate campaign for the ICT area.
    Thanks Galantais hopefully it's a good sign for this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Ollie321

Considering that there has been no movement on this year's EO panel, of which there would be more positions I'd imagine, I wonder if this competition is dead in the water? Did someone enquire about the lifespan of this panel already?

Ollie321 wrote: »
    Considering that there has been no movement on this year's EO panel, of which there would be more positions I'd imagine, I wonder if this competition is dead in the water? Did someone enquire about the lifespan of this panel already?

1 year from when it is formed. At least the 1 year isn't ticking down yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭StevenToast

Id say HR in Revenue have decided to take August off....turning on laptops in the morning "working" from home...getting back into bed...

This competition is going nowhere fast...

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 26 BoyLaw937

Id say HR in Revenue have decided to take August off....turning on laptops in the morning "working" from home...getting back into bed...

This competition is going nowhere fast...

I was thinking they were delaying on purpose in the hopes of having face to face interviews

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭gerbilgranny

I very much doubt this. In my experience Revenue employees who are working from home are working more hours than they would if they were office-based. Many turning on their laptops at 8, and remaining working until 6 or much later, with just a short lunch break (20 mins max?) Flexitime has been suspended, so any hours worked over the norm in a month cannot be amassed and taken as leave in the following month.

If you're applying for a job in Revenue, you should be aware that many Revenue employees are going way above and beyond the call of duty at the moment, using their own equipment at home to provide the best service they can, in very difficult circumstances.

I very much doubt this. In my experience Revenue employees who are working from home are working more hours than they would if they were office-based. Many turning on their laptops at 8, and remaining working until 6 or much later, with just a short lunch break (20 mins max?) Flexitime has been suspended, so any hours worked over the norm in a month cannot be amassed and taken as leave in the following month.

If you're applying for a job in Revenue, you should be aware that many Revenue employees are going way above and beyond the call of duty at the moment, using their own equipment at home to provide the best service they can, in very difficult circumstances.

It was a very much tongue in cheek post, highlighting a frustration developing over the slow progress of this competition.

I would imagine there is a skeleton crew in HR at the moment as employees would have been transferred to more pressing matters....

I already know how hard they are working in Revenue as I have friends and former colleagues informing me regularly!

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭gerbilgranny

It was a very much tongue in cheek post, highlighting a frustration developing over the slow progress of this competition.

I would imagine there is a skeleton crew in HR at the moment as employees would have been transferred to more pressing matters....

I already know how hard they are working in Revenue as I have friends and former colleagues informing me regularly!

Fair enough - and I completely understand your frustration.

Really thought we would have heard something by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Kilkenny Tom

Anonire wrote: »
    Really thought we would have heard something by now.

Did anyone contact them for an update?

• Advertisement

Theyll just give the usual holding statement....

They dont know the next stage and theyre not in any rush to tell us when they plan to know....

No point contacting for an update. If they had one they would provide it. Just thought they would have had one by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,336 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Did anyone contact them for an update?

A good way to prepare ones self for this role is to continue to exercise patience. :)

Interview dates have gone out for the AP comp so hopefully this one won't be too far behind. A little bit of hope

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Ollie321

Interview dates have gone out for the AP comp so hopefully this one won't be too far behind. A little bit of hope

I assume zoom interview for AP?

Thanks for that update, any idea of the format they are taking?

Online interviews I think it said Skype.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭barneystinson

Online interviews I think it said Skype.

Yes, Revenue use Skype for Business.

Has anyone emailed them about this competition?....they gave me the usual 'exploring our options' holding message a few weeks ago...i don't fancy annoying them again!

I just think we should have heard some sort of plan by now?

Has anyone emailed them about this competition?....they gave me the usual 'exploring our options' holding message a few weeks ago...i don't fancy annoying them again!

I just think we should have heard some sort of plan by now?

Unfortunately there is probably no point emailing. They won't forget to send the info once they have it.
    This might be some kind of record from applying to final stage. Hopefully it will be worth the wait.

• Advertisement

I wonder is it taking even longer because Revenue are doing the recruitment themselves as opposed to going through PAS....

Alot of patience required...very little respect or regard for candidates in my opinion....

I wonder is it taking even longer because Revenue are doing the recruitment themselves as opposed to going through PAS....

Alot of patience required...very little respect or regard for candidates in my opinion....

To be fair they are usually quick to progress through the stages. I think this panel just got lost somewhere along the the way with covid and all the unknown.who knows they could be waiting to fill ap positions now before they see how many aos they need or anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭monkeylover10

To be fair they are usually quick to progress through the stages. I think this panel just got lost somewhere along the the way with covid and all the unknown.who knows they could be waiting to fill ap positions now before they see how many aos they need or anything.

I emailed earlier today & unfortunately they don't have an update but will be in touch with candidates when they have finalised the details of the next stage.

I'd agree with you Anonire re the AP positions. The interviews for these are taken place currently and since that competition was released after the AO comp, they must need to prioritise so as to fill positions.

Hopefully when complete, they will focus on the AO interviews. Saying that, for AO positions, I'm sure the interview boards would be made up of APs (AP positions board more than likely be P0s).

Hopefully in a couple of weeks & when the holiday period is over we will be notified of the next stage. This competition is certainly running its course & could loose its momentum. I nearly forget what examples I gave 😆.

We'll surely know something by the end of 2020 🀞

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭emmaneiser

Do you just do the one interview and then get placed on the 3 different panels or how does it work?

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Galantis

emmaneiser wrote: »
    Do you just do the one interview and then get placed on the 3 different panels or how does it work?

One interview covers all panels.

Im hoping September might shake things up abit....

Galantis wrote: »
    One interview covers all panels.

I had forgotten there was more than one stream it's been so long. Hopefully things start to move along soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 mj90

Two months later and still no update. I expected a delay under the current circumstances but its been 2 months now and still no word of the next stage.

mj90 wrote: »
    Two months later and still no update. I expected a delay under the current circumstances but its been 2 months now and still no word of the next stage.

Ya...ive just forgotten about it at this stage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭monkeylover10

Ya...ive just forgotten about it at this stage

I think that is the best attitude to have with these competitions. They will contact us when they have decided on the next stage. And then the waiting will start all over again 🀔
    As they are currently conducting AP interviews, they may wait until they have the panel filled in that competition as I'm sure many current AOs in Revenue will have applied for it. This in turn will leave AO positions to be filled & hopefully alot so we all have a good chance of securing an AO role.

Advertisement