Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

02-12-2019, 17:38   #46
GBX

Given the feedback by a lot of people, I'm till wondering where the bargain is.
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
02-12-2019, 17:47   #47
robbKer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBX View Post
Given the feedback by a lot of people, I'm till wondering where the bargain is.

I for one have had a fantastic experience from start to finish as had my dad who also switched. My mother is about to switch when three unlock her phone. I was on a plan costing €20 per month with all the data I could eat but all calls were charged for at a horrific rate so I'm much happier now and coverage in fairness all in all is great. Well worth the punt and if it all goes belly up then there are plenty of other alternatives to move to.......

In specific response to the above post...we will always hear the bad stuff well before the good stuff.....
02-12-2019, 17:51   #48
FluffPiece

Fantastic experience myself.

Had tried Vodafone, Tesco, Meteor, Three etc and all were unreliable to one degree or another. Vodafone probably the best of the lot for data signal except in around work location.

GoMo has worked flawlessly everywhere every time. Ordered 3 sims in the end and ported one number over after the arrived. No hassle with anything at all at any stage, touch wood.

Vodafone was a nightmare to port my number over to at the time. Took near a month to resolve.
Thanks from:
02-12-2019, 17:52   #49
red bellied

Brutal in sligo had to go out the front door to make a call and lots of dropped ones. Data speeds were a lot slower than previous providers I used even in good signal areas. Went back to voda after a week.
02-12-2019, 17:55   #50
kceire

Quote:
Originally Posted by bromley52 View Post
Life in tech terms usually means the life of the product. As it's a virtual network there is nothing stopping the eir mother ship shutting it down in let's say 5 years and transferring its customers to eir. Even if many decide to leave, many won't. Either way it's a win win for eir corporate.
I have a legacy meteor family and friends plan.
Unlimited. €25 per month. It’s still honoured to this day through all the changes to eir.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
02-12-2019, 17:57   #51
Blut2

I've moved two family members over to GoMo so far. It was a very easy switching process, no problems at all with porting numbers.

The network quality seems to be exactly the same as eir was previously for them.

For 10e a month for essentially unlimited usage I can't fault them at all, it seems a very solid product.
02-12-2019, 18:11   #52
Hello 2D Person Below

It's as good as any previous provider for me.

No gripes or complaints at all from me.
02-12-2019, 18:15   #53
wirelessdude01

No issues here either. Far better than Tesco mobile who I was with beforehand.
02-12-2019, 18:56   #54
biebiebie

I wouldn't be surprised to see them launch new (14.99?) 5G plans after they close this one to new entrants.
So choice to stay on cheaper 4G plan, or move to a more expensive 5G one.
People won't necessarily move straight away, but over time may migrate as new smartphones are bought and 5G becomes a possibility.

Anyhow another happy GoMo punter here.
Advertisement
02-12-2019, 19:20   #55
GhostyMcGhost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadgetman496 View Post
Moved at the beginning of the offer & am totally satisfied with the service.
Thanks from:
02-12-2019, 19:43   #56
sliabh 1956

very happy with Go Mo so far slight glitch today it stopped workiing i needed to put my pin number into phone working fine since cant really complain
02-12-2019, 19:55   #57
grimm2005

Moved from Vodafone payg, no problem with porting number over but I'd be lying if I said data speeds/coverage haven't degraded. There's definitely an increase in black spots here and there and much less and slower 4G+ coverage than I had on VF but it's by no means a deal breaker and with my monthly bill halved it definitely does the job perfectly fine for now and I'm happy enough.
02-12-2019, 20:17   #58
AlmightyCushion

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkmonkey View Post
It's an advertioral. It'll be interesting to see what happens when the offers over. Wouldn't surprise me if it's closed in 12mts and Eir just move everyone back to Eir and hope they stay. I don't believe for a minute they've done in a few weeks 25% of what it's taken Tesco 12yrs to do as an mvno.
What does any of that have to do with Joe.ie lying? RTE have a similar story, are they lying too?
02-12-2019, 20:23   #59
ted1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Chaos View Post
It's not.

I was with Eir for the past 5 years and have switched to Gomo for the past 6 weeks. The reception and coverage is worse and the data speeds are much slower.

I'm going back to Eir if they still have the plan I was on.
It’s the same network and they are investing heavily in it.
02-12-2019, 20:26   #60
ted1

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkmonkey View Post
It's an advertioral. It'll be interesting to see what happens when the offers over. Wouldn't surprise me if it's closed in 12mts and Eir just move everyone back to Eir and hope they stay. I don't believe for a minute they've done in a few weeks 25% of what it's taken Tesco 12yrs to do as an mvno.
EIR have a huge surplus capacity, the infrastructure is there , the only cost to them is about 2 euro for the sim, and account system. The traffic isn’t costing them anything.

This is a model that the owner has done in numerous countries
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion