Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

02-12-2019, 16:00   #31
bromley52

Quote:
Originally Posted by fergiesfolly View Post
It's €9.99 for LIFE.
There shouldn't be any increases.
Life in tech terms usually means the life of the product. As it's a virtual network there is nothing stopping the eir mother ship shutting it down in let's say 5 years and transferring its customers to eir. Even if many decide to leave, many won't. Either way it's a win win for eir corporate.
(3) thanks from:
Advertisement
02-12-2019, 16:05   #32
_Kaiser_

Moved 4 numbers over. Two at the start, 2 more recently.

No issue with any of them, equivalent in practice to Vodafone for my usage needs and usual locations, and only one fifth of the price.

Very happy.
02-12-2019, 17:05   #33
recyclebin

Using this as the only broadband source in my parents house in rural Laois. Works fine for them both so far for browsing and streaming. They were previously on the 30 euro Eir pay as you go 50GB mobile broadband pass so 20 euro saved per month and I don't have to do the top ups for them anymore too \o/
02-12-2019, 17:08   #34
recyclebin

Quote:
Originally Posted by bromley52 View Post
Life in tech terms usually means the life of the product. As it's a virtual network there is nothing stopping the eir mother ship shutting it down in let's say 5 years and transferring its customers to eir. Even if many decide to leave, many won't. Either way it's a win win for eir corporate.
Is that strictly true? Eir is the parent company so wouldnt they have to go bust to stop them from honouring the deal.
02-12-2019, 17:13   #35
Truckermal

I was paying €75 to Three with crap data at home and patchy coverage, I'm now pay €20 for the two phones and getting better coverage still have crap data though.
Advertisement
02-12-2019, 17:13   #36
drunkmonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlmightyCushion View Post
GoMo say on their website that they will be ending the offer on 8th of January so it's not like Joe.ie are lying. There was probably a press release about it.
There making it up about the 100,000 customers. Of course there was a press release about it. Sure spend some advertising money with us and we'll do a few press releases, no quid pro quo Joe, no quid pro quo.
02-12-2019, 17:16   #37
AlmightyCushion

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkmonkey View Post
There making it up about the 100,000 customers. Of course there was a press release about it. Sure spend some advertising money with us and we'll do a few press releases, no quid pro quo Joe, no quid pro quo.
That came from GoMo so if anyone is lying it is GoMo not Joe.ie.
02-12-2019, 17:17   #38
snoopsheep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.S View Post
I’m skeptical.

Why else would people switch to GoMo other than the price? If they up the price to €15/20 then they are the same as every other network.
youve lost me.

its half the price of my last monthly spend

the coverage, and i accept this is going to vary for people, is certainly no worse

the data limits etc are much higher.

its a strange argument. "its much cheaper, why would any fool move for that reason?"
02-12-2019, 17:18   #39
lawred2

tis grand - both myself and the missus on it

it works and it's cheap
Advertisement
02-12-2019, 17:21   #40
AlmightyCushion

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopsheep View Post
youve lost me.

its half the price of my last monthly spend

the coverage, and i accept this is going to vary for people, is certainly no worse

the data limits etc are much higher.

its a strange argument. "its much cheaper, why would any fool move for that reason?"
There have been people getting €15 a month deals with Three and Meteor prior to GoMo becoming available but they haven't been advertised. Even still, if they charge €15 a month for it, the fact that it's actually advertised and anyone can get it as well as it not being limited to a 12 month deal would mean it would still be a bargain.
02-12-2019, 17:22   #41
Don Juan II

I move my number over at the start and I'm very happy. No issues.
I moved from Eir to GoMo.
I don't understand how, but the coverage is better with GoMo than it was with Eir.
02-12-2019, 17:25   #42
JJJackal

At 9.99 a month its worth testing it out to see what the service is like. I switched. One patchy spot near the house and one patchy spot at work (think all the networks might be the same there though) - so a good deal to date
02-12-2019, 17:25   #43
drunkmonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlmightyCushion View Post
That came from GoMo so if anyone is lying it is GoMo not Joe.ie.
It's an advertioral. It'll be interesting to see what happens when the offers over. Wouldn't surprise me if it's closed in 12mts and Eir just move everyone back to Eir and hope they stay. I don't believe for a minute they've done in a few weeks 25% of what it's taken Tesco 12yrs to do as an mvno.
02-12-2019, 17:35   #44
recyclebin

It would be very easy to verify if they didnt get the 100000. Lodge a complaint with advertising commission.

The 10 euro deal is very attractive so I would not be surprised if a lot of existing Eir customers moved over.
02-12-2019, 17:37   #45
Hello 2D Person Below

I'm the only person among my family and friends that has switched.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion