Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

01-12-2019, 19:24   #16
super_furry

Yep I bought my from a phone shop via Adverts for €459 a few months back. Brand new, unlocked, absolutely perfect. The same crowd are still selling them for that price and I wouldn't hesitate recommending them. - https://www.adverts.ie/samsung/samsu...ranty/19367464

Great little phone too.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
01-12-2019, 20:29   #17
biebiebie

Has been ~€435 on Amazon.it very recently.
I'd wait and get it from Amazon if you care about after sales support, which is far superior than eglobal imho
Thanks from:
01-12-2019, 20:37   #18
Sleeper12

Quote:
Originally Posted by biebiebie
Has been ~€435 on Amazon.it very recently. I'd wait and get it from Amazon if you care about after sales support, which is far superior than eglobal imho

In fairness to Amazon it would be worth paying an extra 10 or 20 euro purely for their after sales support imo
01-12-2019, 22:26   #19
FFVII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slutmonkey57b View Post
Eglobal sold me a "new" phone that's clearly second hand and had the security stickers replaced. Sent them pictures but no dice. Never again!
How did you pay?
01-12-2019, 23:05   #20
dan786

All colors now 449 on Amazon De.

https://www.amazon.de/deal/021612af/...MMKP5RR7DX7C1A
Thanks from:
Advertisement
02-12-2019, 06:07   #21
septicsac

Best of luck to anyone buying from Eglobal, a right shower of ######s. Alright when everything goes tight, but run into a spot of trouble and be prepared to fight for your rights. Sent me a dud phone, gave up a few hours after arriving, had to go through my bank to get my money back, stick with amazon or someone you know will provide a good after service or at the very least respect your rights
(3) thanks from:
02-12-2019, 06:26   #22
Berserker5

I wouldn't even consider eglobal when spending that much

Amazon but try to avoid addresspal and the like, had problems returning an item
02-12-2019, 08:27   #23
T-b0n3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan786 View Post
Any issues purchasing the "German version"?
02-12-2019, 08:51   #24
dan786

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-b0n3 View Post
Any issues purchasing the "German version"?
No apart from the wall plug being 2 pin.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
02-12-2019, 10:31   #25
youcancallmeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by septicsac View Post
Best of luck to anyone buying from Eglobal, a right shower of ######s. Alright when everything goes tight, but run into a spot of trouble and be prepared to fight for your rights. Sent me a dud phone, gave up a few hours after arriving, had to go through my bank to get my money back, stick with amazon or someone you know will provide a good after service or at the very least respect your rights
Same here, ordered a phone a few years ago. It never arrived and they kept telling me it was held up in customs in Poland then after a few weeks they stopped replying to me altogether. Altogether from ordering to going through a painful paypal refund process took about 3 and a half months.

They have great bargains but it's really a gamble when ordering from them.
02-12-2019, 15:10   #26
Tango One

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan786 View Post
Is it just me or is the link bring you to a watch. Is the de deal finished?
02-12-2019, 15:19   #27
T-b0n3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango One View Post
Is it just me or is the link bring you to a watch. Is the de deal finished?
The link worked previously, but it's bringing me to the watch now. Must be over unfortunately.
Thanks from:
02-12-2019, 15:29   #28
Berty

Send a message via MSN to Berty Send a message via Skype™ to Berty
Ordered an S9 a few weeks ago and within 2 weeks I had it. I came from HK to the UK then it was repackaged into an An Post container and then naturally the post man handed it to me.

Have now bought off both Eglobal and Tobydeals(2 items from here, S8 and 42mm Samsung Watch).

Had to flash a new firmware onto the S9 I got though as it was a German firmware and didn't like OTA updates. Flashed a UK/Ireland Firmware and works great, even got a new OTA over the weekend.

Buy with patience I say to to people when ordering. Remember, it's Paypal so you're protected mostly.
Thanks from:
02-12-2019, 16:21   #29
biebiebie

It's one thing to get your phone delivered, then a completely different kettle of fish should something go wrong with it.
I have returned multiple phones back to Amazon due to malfunction and have always gotten a full refund.

You may be lucky and have a phone that works well.
But what if it doesn't? And thrust me some do experience issues. Even with modern day build quality and quality assurance as part of that build process.
Better to be safe than sorry, especially if the amount you are paying is hard earned and not so easy to replace.
02-12-2019, 17:36   #30
bromley52

Quote:
Originally Posted by biebiebie View Post
It's one thing to get your phone delivered, then a completely different kettle of fish should something go wrong with it.
I have returned multiple phones back to Amazon due to malfunction and have always gotten a full refund.

You may be lucky and have a phone that works well.
But what if it doesn't? And thrust me some do experience issues. Even with modern day build quality and quality assurance as part of that build process.
Better to be safe than sorry, especially if the amount you are paying is hard earned and not so easy to replace.
True. I ordered my Galaxy S8+ from Amazon Germany in Mar2018. Within 3 wees there were 2 electrical burn marks on the screen. Samsung Ireland collected it for free and returned it with a new screen and battery.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion