Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
02-12-2019, 22:47   #31
kceire
Moderator
 
kceire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 24,740
Quote:
Originally Posted by budhabob View Post
I ordered one of them as I ordered my free uv torch to make delivery really worth it.....will report back
I’m kicking myself I didn’t do the same.
kceire is offline  
Advertisement
06-12-2019, 14:28   #32
cletus
Registered User
 
cletus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 3,648
Just had mine delivered today. Thanks OP.

Lovely little torch, nice weight to it, and several steps above the stuff you get in Deals, Mr. Price etc
cletus is offline  
06-12-2019, 15:38   #33
Ryath
Registered User
 
Ryath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 2,031
Its a great little light just a pity it doesn’t have a low brightness setting. Got a few other bits to get the free postage Got the I1R 2 rechargeable is nice has the low power setting but the battery is tiny. Got a 18650 cell and usb charger too.

There was also a RCA123 cell with magnetic charger and end cap for the S1 Baton or H1 headlamp on offer for free. Want a headlamp but it is out of stock. I’ll order it whenever it comes back in stock.
Ryath is online now  
06-12-2019, 15:53   #34
Zimmerframe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,318
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryath View Post
There was also a RCA123 cell with magnetic charger and end cap for the S1 Baton or H1 headlamp on offer for free.
It doesn't fit the S1 Baton.
Also the H1R headlamp, will have 100 lumens more light than your converted H1, so probably better wait until the H1R is reduced and you will have more light and a spare battery charger for a couple of quid extra.
Zimmerframe is offline  
Thanks from:
06-12-2019, 16:06   #35
Ryath
Registered User
 
Ryath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 2,031
Seen a review saying that it did but maybe it was for an older model. S1 seems hard get now anyway Mostly only the S1R is available. I probably should have ordered the H1R but then I'd have been at £70 and would have to spend the £100! It's already been expensive weekend! I'll wait and get which ever model is on offer first.
Ryath is online now  
Advertisement
06-12-2019, 16:12   #36
Zimmerframe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,318
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryath View Post
Seen a review saying that it did but maybe it was for an older model. S1 seems hard get now anyway Mostly only the S1R is available. I probably should have ordered the H1R but then I'd have been at £70 and would have to spend the £100! It's already been expensive weekend! I'll wait and get which ever model is on offer first.
It definitely doesn't fit, I have both in my hand.
Also for consideration, the H2R was £57 in the sale and it's absolutely in a different league to the H1R which is the same price (non sale)
Zimmerframe is offline  
Thanks from:
06-12-2019, 20:01   #37
kceire
Moderator
 
kceire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 24,740
Quote:
Originally Posted by cletus View Post
Just had mine delivered today. Thanks OP.

Lovely little torch, nice weight to it, and several steps above the stuff you get in Deals, Mr. Price etc
When did you order? I ordered in the 30th Nov.
I’m still waiting on mine but they did say Black Friday week will be slower than usual.
kceire is offline  
06-12-2019, 20:13   #38
cletus
Registered User
 
cletus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 3,648
Quote:
Originally Posted by kceire View Post
When did you order? I ordered in the 30th Nov.
I’m still waiting on mine but they did say Black Friday week will be slower than usual.
Also ordered on 30th November
cletus is offline  
Thanks from:
06-12-2019, 20:20   #39
CYHSN
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 167
Ordered mine on the 2nd, got it the 4th, I did order 2 other torches along with it as well.
CYHSN is offline  
Thanks from:
Advertisement
06-12-2019, 21:12   #40
navi
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 5,007
Did the little yellow plastic battery isolator fool anyone else? It took me about five minutes and a few different batteries before I realised it was there and it needed to be removed before the torch would work!


Thanks teotwawki!
navi is offline  
Thanks from:
06-12-2019, 21:27   #41
Alfie1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 469
The yellow "Read Me" sticker on the plastic case said to remove the plastic insulator

I got mine today, thanks OP
Alfie1 is offline  
Thanks from:
06-12-2019, 21:55   #42
navi
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 5,007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfie1 View Post
The yellow "Read Me" sticker on the plastic case said to remove the plastic insulator

I got mine today, thanks OP
I'm some dope! I only opened the case enough to get the torch out. I just checked and indeed the yellow sticker is there.
navi is offline  
Thanks from:
06-12-2019, 22:14   #43
kceire
Moderator
 
kceire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 24,740
Quote:
Originally Posted by cletus View Post
Also ordered on 30th November
Quote:
Originally Posted by CYHSN View Post
Ordered mine on the 2nd, got it the 4th, I did order 2 other torches along with it as well.
Thanks guys. My order was only shipped today so it may be next week before I get it.
kceire is offline  
06-12-2019, 23:21   #44
teotwawki
Registered User
 
teotwawki's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 982
Quote:
Originally Posted by navi View Post
Did the little yellow plastic battery isolator fool anyone else? It took me about five minutes and a few different batteries before I realised it was there and it needed to be removed before the torch would work!


Thanks teotwawki!
I think we all tend to just reef things out of the box and ignore the instructions!

On a previous torch deal I remember a guy came back onto the thread complaining that it was "dimmer than a dim thing". It was a 3-level torch and he was in the lowest (moonlight) setting not realizing there was two more
teotwawki is offline  
(2) thanks from:
Yesterday, 11:21   #45
kceire
Moderator
 
kceire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 24,740
Torch arrived yesterday.
Thanks OP.

Such a powerful little device, you wouldn't expect it.

Problem now, is I find myself checking their site daily for another torch
kceire is offline  
Thanks from:
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet