Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

02-12-2019, 22:47   #31
kceire

Quote:
Originally Posted by budhabob View Post
I ordered one of them as I ordered my free uv torch to make delivery really worth it.....will report back
I’m kicking myself I didn’t do the same.
Advertisement
06-12-2019, 14:28   #32
cletus

Just had mine delivered today. Thanks OP.

Lovely little torch, nice weight to it, and several steps above the stuff you get in Deals, Mr. Price etc
06-12-2019, 15:38   #33
Ryath

Its a great little light just a pity it doesn’t have a low brightness setting. Got a few other bits to get the free postage Got the I1R 2 rechargeable is nice has the low power setting but the battery is tiny. Got a 18650 cell and usb charger too.

There was also a RCA123 cell with magnetic charger and end cap for the S1 Baton or H1 headlamp on offer for free. Want a headlamp but it is out of stock. I’ll order it whenever it comes back in stock.
06-12-2019, 15:53   #34
Zimmerframe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryath View Post
There was also a RCA123 cell with magnetic charger and end cap for the S1 Baton or H1 headlamp on offer for free.
It doesn't fit the S1 Baton.
Also the H1R headlamp, will have 100 lumens more light than your converted H1, so probably better wait until the H1R is reduced and you will have more light and a spare battery charger for a couple of quid extra.
Thanks from:
06-12-2019, 16:06   #35
Ryath

Seen a review saying that it did but maybe it was for an older model. S1 seems hard get now anyway Mostly only the S1R is available. I probably should have ordered the H1R but then I'd have been at £70 and would have to spend the £100! It's already been expensive weekend! I'll wait and get which ever model is on offer first.
Advertisement
06-12-2019, 16:12   #36
Zimmerframe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryath View Post
Seen a review saying that it did but maybe it was for an older model. S1 seems hard get now anyway Mostly only the S1R is available. I probably should have ordered the H1R but then I'd have been at £70 and would have to spend the £100! It's already been expensive weekend! I'll wait and get which ever model is on offer first.
It definitely doesn't fit, I have both in my hand.
Also for consideration, the H2R was £57 in the sale and it's absolutely in a different league to the H1R which is the same price (non sale)
Thanks from:
06-12-2019, 20:01   #37
kceire

Quote:
Originally Posted by cletus View Post
Just had mine delivered today. Thanks OP.

Lovely little torch, nice weight to it, and several steps above the stuff you get in Deals, Mr. Price etc
When did you order? I ordered in the 30th Nov.
I’m still waiting on mine but they did say Black Friday week will be slower than usual.
06-12-2019, 20:13   #38
cletus

Quote:
Originally Posted by kceire View Post
When did you order? I ordered in the 30th Nov.
I’m still waiting on mine but they did say Black Friday week will be slower than usual.
Also ordered on 30th November
Thanks from:
06-12-2019, 20:20   #39
CYHSN

Ordered mine on the 2nd, got it the 4th, I did order 2 other torches along with it as well.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
06-12-2019, 21:12   #40
navi

Did the little yellow plastic battery isolator fool anyone else? It took me about five minutes and a few different batteries before I realised it was there and it needed to be removed before the torch would work!

Thanks teotwawki!
Thanks from:
06-12-2019, 21:27   #41
Alfie1

The yellow "Read Me" sticker on the plastic case said to remove the plastic insulator

I got mine today, thanks OP
Thanks from:
06-12-2019, 21:55   #42
navi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfie1 View Post
The yellow "Read Me" sticker on the plastic case said to remove the plastic insulator

I got mine today, thanks OP
I'm some dope! I only opened the case enough to get the torch out. I just checked and indeed the yellow sticker is there.
Thanks from:
06-12-2019, 22:14   #43
kceire

Quote:
Originally Posted by cletus View Post
Also ordered on 30th November
Quote:
Originally Posted by CYHSN View Post
Ordered mine on the 2nd, got it the 4th, I did order 2 other torches along with it as well.
Thanks guys. My order was only shipped today so it may be next week before I get it.
06-12-2019, 23:21   #44
teotwawki

Quote:
Originally Posted by navi View Post
Did the little yellow plastic battery isolator fool anyone else? It took me about five minutes and a few different batteries before I realised it was there and it needed to be removed before the torch would work!

Thanks teotwawki!
I think we all tend to just reef things out of the box and ignore the instructions!

On a previous torch deal I remember a guy came back onto the thread complaining that it was "dimmer than a dim thing". It was a 3-level torch and he was in the lowest (moonlight) setting not realizing there was two more
(2) thanks from:
Yesterday, 11:21   #45
kceire

Torch arrived yesterday.
Thanks OP.

Such a powerful little device, you wouldn't expect it.

Problem now, is I find myself checking their site daily for another torch
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion