Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

22-11-2019, 20:24   #61
sapphade

I ordered the a20e the other day with spare Tesco sim I had lying around. Phone arrived today . I was impressed that it was dual sim and had slot of SD card on top of that . It was locked to Vodafone but bought unlocking code from unlock.ie for 18 euro. if anyone does decide to buy their unlocking code you just need to put in the phones first imei when requesting it. The code they send back unlocks both sim slots . All in all unlocked dual sim phone for 67.99 euro is fantastic value . Cheers OP
Advertisement
22-11-2019, 20:35   #62
karkar athlete

I ordered a Huawei P30 Lite earlier - only after purchase did I realise it was the black version so I went back and purchased the blue version. Even though I selected blue before I added it to the cart.

Does anyone know how to contact Vodafone so I can cancel the first order - I've searched for support or contact but can't seem to get anywhere... perhaps my only chance is for the order to be cancelled!!
22-11-2019, 23:39   #63
Quackster

Mod: Kerry, ZTest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weltsmertz View Post
Doesn't matter. Vodafone are definitely not checking sims. Put mine in phone for first time five mins before ordering and never topped up. All the cancellations seem to be for multiple orders.
Yep, I bought a phone online last year on a Vodafone porting offer and for some reason the burner SIM I used never ported.

On another occasion though, buying a phone in a Vodafone store, the agent wouldn't hand it over until my number ported successfully. Had to go away and come back 30 minutes later!
22-11-2019, 23:41   #64
coldfire1x

Samsung Galaxy A40 and Huawei P30 lite are single sim or dual sim?
22-11-2019, 23:42   #65
TheDriver

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphade View Post
I ordered the a20e the other day with spare Tesco sim I had lying around. Phone arrived today . I was impressed that it was dual sim and had slot of SD card on top of that . It was locked to Vodafone but bought unlocking code from unlock.ie for 18 euro. if anyone does decide to buy their unlocking code you just need to put in the phones first imei when requesting it. The code they send back unlocks both sim slots . All in all unlocked dual sim phone for 67.99 euro is fantastic value . Cheers OP
Unlock codes on ebay for about 11-12
Thanks from:
Advertisement
22-11-2019, 23:43   #66
tech

s10 for €50 or the a50 5g for €50?
23-11-2019, 00:40   #67
WestWicklow1

Quote:
Do you get any acknowledgement from VF after you buy online?
23-11-2019, 08:32   #68
sapphade

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestWicklow1 View Post
Do you get any acknowledgement from VF after you buy online?
Yes I got an email Wednesday confirming my order had been received. I did not receive anything to say it had been dispatched the phone and sim just arrived in the post Friday morning .
Thanks from:
23-11-2019, 09:36   #69
LowOdour

Maybe a silly question,
but on the Vodafone site for the "Select switch date and time", does it have to be within a certain time? Could I set it to 4 weeks time for example?
Advertisement
23-11-2019, 11:59   #70
Glenn220390

CEX give €76 for the A20e and €148 for the P30 lite. if your not happy with the phone at least you'll get a profit on the trade in
23-11-2019, 12:02   #71
coldfire1x

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldfire1x View Post
Samsung Galaxy A40 and Huawei P30 lite are single sim or dual sim?
Any idea anyone?
23-11-2019, 12:10   #72
Berserker5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn220390 View Post
CEX give €76 for the A20e and €148 for the P30 lite. if your not happy with the phone at least you'll get a profit on the trade in
Are the P30 lite 4/128 in both cases
23-11-2019, 12:45   #73
WestWicklow1

Quote:
Yes I got an email Wednesday confirming my order had been received. I did not receive anything to say it had been dispatched the phone and sim just arrived in the post Friday morning .
Ok, thanks. I tried to buy online twice yesterday and on both occasions it gave me a message of...

~Unable to process your request at the moment. Please try again later.

On the second occasion it even went through the "Verified by Visa" process!!

No email, no text, no acknowledgement of any sort but two amounts for €49.99 pending in my visa account!!
23-11-2019, 20:14   #74
mac.in

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestWicklow1 View Post
Ok, thanks. I tried to buy online twice yesterday and on both occasions it gave me a message of...

~Unable to process your request at the moment. Please try again later.

On the second occasion it even went through the "Verified by Visa" process!!

No email, no text, no acknowledgement of any sort but two amounts for €49.99 pending in my visa account!!
I ordered one yesterday evening. I could successfully complete the order. I got an order number at the end of the ordering process and subsequently an email with all the order details too.
Thanks from:
23-11-2019, 20:16   #75
WestWicklow1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac.in View Post
I ordered one yesterday evening. I could successfully complete the order. I got an order number at the end of the ordering process and subsequently an email with all the order details too.
Porting or non porting?

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion