Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

22-11-2019, 12:38   #46
Motormadcork

Hi all, has anyone any success in unlocking the Huawei P30 Lite from Vodafone ? I've seen the listings on eBay etc but was unsure if they actually "worked". Would appreciate any suggestions or a point in the right direction.
Advertisement
22-11-2019, 12:52   #47
djan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motormadcork View Post
Hi all, has anyone any success in unlocking the Huawei P30 Lite from Vodafone ? I've seen the listings on eBay etc but was unsure if they actually "worked". Would appreciate any suggestions or a point in the right direction.
Having used them here and there in the past they do work. Look for sellers with at least 1k+ recent positive ratings. Some also offer refunds if you record the code not working so I would use those.

Also use ebay.co.uk site as you get better terms of purchase to claim back through if it goes wrong.
22-11-2019, 14:42   #48
WestWicklow1

Is there any way to permanently cancel a port if you buy one of these phones at the porting price?
22-11-2019, 14:59   #49
flexcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestWicklow1 View Post
Is there any way to permanently cancel a port if you buy one of these phones at the porting price?
You can always port back again
22-11-2019, 15:08   #50
mick8

All three phones discounted by 100 when porting showing back in stock online..
Thanks from:
Advertisement
22-11-2019, 15:15   #51
WestWicklow1

Quote:
Originally Posted by flexcon View Post
You can always port back again
Ok, but I meant before porting in the first place.
22-11-2019, 15:25   #52
GBX

You'd likely have to request a port off Vodafone. Which theyd unlikely do as you would be expected to have a minimum spend of credit before they oblige.
Thanks from:
22-11-2019, 16:09   #53
NATLOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestWicklow1 View Post
Just order a free sim from eir and use that
22-11-2019, 16:10   #54
piplip87

If your buying an Eir SIM to do this offer. You need to it up and use it for a day or two.

Confirmed by the nice fella in the VF shop. Said he had a good few rejected but when topped up and used for a day they went ok
Advertisement
22-11-2019, 17:21   #55
WestWicklow1

Quote:
Originally Posted by piplip87 View Post
If your buying an Eir SIM to do this offer. You need to it up and use it for a day or two.

Confirmed by the nice fella in the VF shop. Said he had a good few rejected but when topped up and used for a day they went ok
Without unlocking?
22-11-2019, 17:25   #56
Dr_Colossus

Quote:
Originally Posted by piplip87 View Post

Find that hard to believe unless it's something they've just implemented today. Someone on Adverts already selling 4 Pixel 3As he sourced from Vodafone so don't think he had 4 active sim cards to dispose off.

How would Vodafone monitor activity such as top ups and usage on competitors networks anyway. As far as I'm aware the only means of verifying that a number exists is they send you a text number on the number you're looking to port which you have to enter upon purchase.
22-11-2019, 17:57   #57
Officer Giggles

You just need to have the eir SIM in a phone to receive the port code from Vodafone, you don't need to have ever used it
22-11-2019, 19:16   #58
Quackster

Mod: Kerry, ZTest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Officer Giggles View Post
You just need to have the eir SIM in a phone to receive the port code from Vodafone, you don't need to have ever used it
Yep, to receive the porting code but it's possible that Eir reject porting requests on SIMs that have never been used.
Thanks from:
22-11-2019, 19:29   #59
Weltsmertz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quackster View Post
Yep, to receive the porting code but it's possible that Eir reject porting requests on SIMs that have never been used.
Doesn't matter. Vodafone are definitely not checking sims. Put mine in phone for first time five mins before ordering and never topped up. All the cancellations seem to be for multiple orders.
22-11-2019, 19:32   #60
webpal

I received eir sim in Tuesday, bought A20E straight away. Didn't need to top up. That said I ordered sim online, OP refers to buying a sim, suggesting it was bought in a shop. Its Vodafone sending the code, not sure if eir could block it?

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion