Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

20-11-2019, 16:11   #31
bazwaldo

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidapura View Post
If nobody minds, can I please ask a stupid question.
On the vodafone site they say "top up required every 4 weeks"
So ... what happens if you fail to top up??

Like if I just unlock the phone and go on my merry way??

Thanks
Top up is required if you are using a Vodafone sim and want to stay on whatever pay as you go offer they have you on (an offer is something like topup by 20 and you get unlimited calls texts and data but they take the 20 from your credit). If you are not on a offer and are just a Vodafone PAYG customer then no topup required for 6 months (they will block you making calls after 6 months of not topping up). If phone is unlocked, then you can put a sim from another network in the phone and no longer topup with Vodafone.
Advertisement
20-11-2019, 17:17   #32
vidapura

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazwaldo View Post
Top up is required if you are using a Vodafone sim and want to stay on whatever pay as you go offer they have you on (an offer is something like topup by 20 and you get unlimited calls texts and data but they take the 20 from your credit). If you are not on a offer and are just a Vodafone PAYG customer then no topup required for 6 months (they will block you making calls after 6 months of not topping up). If phone is unlocked, then you can put a sim from another network in the phone and no longer topup with Vodafone.
Ok, so they won't send the boys round to look for the 20 euros?
Great!!

One more potentially stoopid question.. are Huawei out of the woods yet or are the yanks still scared of them? ie: would the P30 lite still be getting android updates and new whatsapp versions a year from now?
20-11-2019, 17:48   #33
LowOdour

Was planning to go for the P30 lite, but worried that some things might not be available in the future,Play Store being one of them. Wondering if the problems around Huawei are bringing down price of their phones. Anyone agree?

Think i'll go for the A40 instead,
20-11-2019, 17:50   #34
karkar athlete

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowOdour View Post
Was planning to go for the P30 lite, but worried that some things might not be available in the future,Play Store being one of them. Wondering if the problems around Huawei are bringing down price of their phones. Anyone agree?

I was also very tempted to go with the Huawei but now it's all out of stock. Do you reckon Google will pull support from Huawei in the future?
20-11-2019, 18:04   #35
ronano

Send a message via AIM to ronano
How much ram does the lite have, 8gb?
Advertisement
20-11-2019, 18:12   #36
scudzilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowOdour View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by karkar athlete View Post
I was also very tempted to go with the Huawei but now it's all out of stock. Do you reckon Google will pull support from Huawei in the future?

You'll be grand, it was all Google flexing their muscles after a bit of pressure from Trump to squeeze the chinese.
20-11-2019, 18:28   #37
drinkingwater

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronano View Post
How much ram does the lite have, 8gb?
21-11-2019, 10:56   #38
webpal

Got my a20e today despite the fact that the tracking was showing up as cancelled. It's locked so will need to get a code on eBay for around €12
21-11-2019, 11:23   #39
ballybro

Quote:
Originally Posted by webpal View Post
Got my a20e today despite the fact that the tracking was showing up as cancelled. It's locked so will need to get a code on eBay for around €12
How long from order placed till delivery
The status of mine went from being processed , to preparing for dispatch and now back to being processed .I ordered on Tuesday evening .Did u just use an unused SIM to place the order.
Advertisement
21-11-2019, 11:28   #40
you2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballybro View Post
The status of mine went from being processed , to preparing for dispatch and now back to being processed .I ordered on Tuesday evening .Did u just use an unused SIM to place the order.
you can get all phone in the shop excl the Google one, got my P30 lite in the shop even all sold out on line.

anyone can share a bit info or link how to unluck P30 lite ( had never done before)
Thanks from:
21-11-2019, 12:20   #41
webpal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballybro View Post
I ordered Tuesday night. I just got a sim from eir. I got the same status updates as you but it arrived earlier.
21-11-2019, 12:21   #42
webpal

Quote:
Originally Posted by you2008 View Post

anyone can share a bit info or link how to unluck P30 lite ( had never done before)
Just search p30 unlock code on eBay
21-11-2019, 14:40   #43
swervring

anyone know where you can pick up a free sim instore?
21-11-2019, 14:47   #44
GBX

Quote:
Originally Posted by swervring View Post
anyone know where you can pick up a free sim instore?
Maybe one of the stores selling Lyca sims.
21-11-2019, 14:59   #45
Roberto_gas

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBX View Post
Maybe one of the stores selling Lyca sims.
Lyca sims not allowed....no free sim in store....order one online from eir.
(3) thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion