Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

08-11-2019, 15:11   #61
loki7777

Quote:
Originally Posted by long_b View Post
I'd go with the 2XL all day (at tje same price)

https://youtu.be/nAVeNl-qis8
Where?
Advertisement
08-11-2019, 16:16   #62
long_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by loki7777 View Post
Where?
Absolutely no idea. I was replying to a post from wilser
08-11-2019, 17:34   #63
Basil3

Quote:
Originally Posted by long_b View Post
I'd go with the 2XL all day (at tje same price)

https://youtu.be/nAVeNl-qis8
What's that decision based on? The speed test? I couldn't sit through it. Your linked video would put me off the 2XL straight away for the screen alone.

I've gone from a Note 9 to a Pixel 3a, and I can't notice any speed difference in day to day usage. In fact, I haven't noticed anything significantly different in my last half dozen or so phones.

In my opinion, the 3a is a better option than the 2XL purely because of the brand new warranty and 3 years of updates.
08-11-2019, 22:09   #64
bargainboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basil3 View Post
I don't think you'd have any problem regarding already being a customer. You might have a problem using a Lyca SIM, though. I'm not sure they'll accept it.

The easiest way to find out is just try it.
thanks yea went through to the point where there is a drop down box to select who is acceptable to switch from, lyca is not there i guess they are not concerned that they are a legit competitor ? any hoo thanks again

Last edited by bargainboy; 08-11-2019 at 23:18.
09-11-2019, 08:10   #65
Evil_g

I've bought phones directly from google in the past and have found the warranty support excellent.

I wonder if there are any issues with this 3a can I go direct to google or do I have to deal with Vodafone? (who I've already stiffed by porting a dead number to)
Advertisement
09-11-2019, 14:45   #66
matrim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil_g View Post
I've bought phones directly from google in the past and have found the warranty support excellent.

I wonder if there are any issues with this 3a can I go direct to google or do I have to deal with Vodafone? (who I've already stiffed by porting a dead number to)
I got a pixel from carphone warehouse in newry before and was able to convince Google support to replace it when I had an issue. Took a bit of convincing and it was a known issue with the phone so depending on the issue your milage may vary.
Thanks from:
09-11-2019, 19:28   #67
AlmightyCushion

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlmightyCushion View Post
The 3000mAh battery would be a big downgrade from the 7 plus unfortunately.
I have to say I was dead wrong about this. I got the Pixel yesterday and despite it being similar in specs to my 7 Plus, it feels like good upgrade over the 7 Plus. It's definitely snappier and more responsive. The battery is a lot better than I expected. I'm currently at 50% battery remaining and it has been 10 hours since I took it off charge and a screen on time of 4.5 hours. That is ridiculous. I'm very glad I pulled the trigger on this.
(3) thanks from:
10-11-2019, 13:03   #68
flugel

Quote:
I have to say I was dead wrong about this. I got the Pixel yesterday and despite it being similar in specs to my 7 Plus, it feels like good upgrade over the 7 Plus. It's definitely snappier and more responsive. The battery is a lot better than I expected. I'm currently at 50% battery remaining and it has been 10 hours since I took it off charge and a screen on time of 4.5 hours. That is ridiculous. I'm very glad I pulled the trigger on this.

Out of interest, did you update to Android 10?
10-11-2019, 13:33   #69
JTMan

My Pixel 3A order experience ...

Picked up an Eir sim on Thursday and ordered the Pixel 3A Thursday evening.
Turned on tracking but Vodafone tracking does not work.
Collected today from the Vodafone store.
Phone unlocked. Works with my GoMo sim.
Great purchase. Thanks Boards.ie posters for my new top of the range phone and new low cost sim.

Last edited by JTMan; 10-11-2019 at 16:41.
Advertisement
10-11-2019, 13:36   #70
AlmightyCushion

Quote:
Originally Posted by flugel View Post
Out of interest, did you update to Android 10?
Yeah. Android 10 on the pixel and Android 9 on the 7 plus so it's not exactly a like for like comparison. It's possible the battery life difference is down to Android 10.
Thanks from:
10-11-2019, 14:28   #71
flugel

Quote:
Yeah. Android 10 on the pixel and Android 9 on the 7 plus so it's not exactly a like for like comparison. It's possible the battery life difference is down to Android 10.
Good to hear.

I've been scaremongered by the reports of the issues with Android 10 but can't live with this phone notifying me to update constantly so I might just update to hell and get it over with!
10-11-2019, 15:19   #72
micks_address

Hi folks,
I ordered two 48 sims yesterday..do you need to put money on them to port out? If so will just pick up two eir Sims.
Thanks,
Mick
10-11-2019, 15:21   #73
Basil3

Quote:
Originally Posted by micks_address View Post
Hi folks,
I ordered two 48 sims yesterday..do you need to put money on them to port out? If so will just pick up two eir Sims.
Thanks,
Mick
To do the port, you just need a SIM that will receive a text for the porting code.
10-11-2019, 15:31   #74
smallgarden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basil3 View Post
To do the port, you just need a SIM that will receive a text for the porting code.
It will send the verification text to a 48 number without needing to activate a membership. I thought it might need membership as you do normally to receive
(2) thanks from:
10-11-2019, 17:01   #75
gerrykiddy

I noticed that a few people had asked about storage and not been answered. It is 4GB and 64GB but cannot be added to. Really tempted and thanks to the OP.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion