Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

27-08-2019, 22:09   #61
mailburner

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterboy123 View Post
I am expecting to get it next week.

Your dishes sounds yum. Any chance you get share some recipes or online link please?
sry, a day late
more of my regulars

Beef madras, tried a couple of others, this one miles the best assuming I cooked
the others correctly
https://slowcookingperfected.com/slo...-madras-curry/

https://www.superhealthykids.com/rec...chicken-curry/ not possible to mess this one up and I always dice up a couple of potatoes very small and you can add as much veg as you like, good for the kids yet I'm
sure there's plenty more out there as nice saying that

got this off fb, if you like stronganoff you won't ever appreciate this dish from anywhere else...it's that good
can't link it as it's been years so i've added a pic
not cooked it in a while as my young un isn't a fan, I usually cook it
on medium for 2/3 hours (stir fry beef in aldi works well..2hrs for that)

next for me to try....

https://www.thispilgrimlife.com/inst...-pie-take-two/

plenty of recipes on pinterest and this site which I find pretty good https://slowcookingperfected.com/ or https://www.facebook.com/watch/136026236799958/ any amount
of dishes posted here also
Attached Images
File Type: png strog.png (396.3 KB, 104 views)
(4) thanks from:
Advertisement
27-08-2019, 23:13   #62
RoYoBo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Duck View Post
Would this be similar to, better than kefir grains?
It's just a good pro-biotic yogurt that goes down well with everyone. I think Kefir might be somewhat different, with maybe even more health benefits? I've made Kefir in the past, but it's a bit sour and I could never keep up with the amount that was exponential in quantity. Kombucha is another option, though no IP needed either.
Thanks from:
28-08-2019, 09:06   #63
masterboy123

Where do I get muslin cloth for yogurt making?
28-08-2019, 15:31   #64
rubadub

Quote:
Originally Posted by comment View Post
Are these not the same (or similar) as the King Pressure Pro 5 litre which are available in did for €69.99? It’s also a slow cooker/pressure cooker. Might be an option for some
I think that one has no yogurt feature, that is what made me go for the instant pot. Be sure to stir the milk as it can burn at the bottom. Cans of evaporated milk can be used for thicker yogurt (not condensed milk, evaportaed), it is also preheated so no need for the inital boil.

There is now a instantpot that goes to 15psi, for faster cooking and canning.

There is also a ninja brand, the blender people, which is a combined airfryer, pressure cooker and dehydrator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubadub View Post
Came across this Ninja Foodi, which is an electric pressure cooker but also airfryer and dehydrator. Looks to me like a jack of all trades, master of none. The reviewer gets huge praise in the comments for the non nonsense reviewing style

250 in argos
https://www.argos.ie/static/Product/...37;3EFOODI.htm
28-08-2019, 15:57   #65
tatranska

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubadub View Post
I think that one has no yogurt feature, that is what made me go for the instant pot. Be sure to stir the milk as it can burn at the bottom. Cans of evaporated milk can be used for thicker yogurt (not condensed milk, evaportaed), it is also preheated so no need for the inital boil.

There is now a instantpot that goes to 15psi, for faster cooking and canning.

There is also a ninja brand, the blender people, which is a combined airfryer, pressure cooker and dehydrator.
€220on Amazon
Advertisement
28-08-2019, 16:35   #66
RoYoBo

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterboy123 View Post
Where do I get muslin cloth for yogurt making?
I got it locally in a fabric shop but it's also available on Amazon or anywhere that sells jam making stuff, for example. You can line a colander with it or make/buy a muslin bag.

If you're stuck, a good clean sterilised pillowcase does the job too. I've heard some people even use the leg of a new pair of tights too

Incidentally, you don't HAVE to strain the yogurt at all - it's fine just as yogurt once chilled. I love the thick Greek stuff though, so that's what we have.
Thanks from:
28-08-2019, 16:43   #67
twignme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Done View Post
Be good if someone could start a thread in Food & Drink forum to share recipes and tips, like the one set up after a good few people on here bought the Airfryer
This would be great thread. I have had my Instant Pot for just over a year and use it a couple of times a week. It's one of the best bits of kit I have.
I did use mine for yoghurt a while back, and yes, it's very nice. But I realised you can now get some very good commercial ones without all the fuss. Also, once you have your yoghurt working away in the pot, you can't use it for anything else and it does take some time, unless you have a second pot.
I realised when I started using the Instant Pot, there are lots of things you CAN do it it, but that doesn't mean you SHOULD. The suggestion about boiled eggs being one
Thanks from:
28-08-2019, 17:24   #68
RoYoBo

Quote:
Originally Posted by twignme View Post
I realised when I started using the Instant Pot, there are lots of things you CAN do it it, but that doesn't mean you SHOULD. The suggestion about boiled eggs being one
I agree with that mostly - I'm on a Facebook page (purely for the recipes and tips) and the number of people who ask to have recipes converted for things that just aren't worth it is phenomenal (eg instant cake mixes!)

However, in relation to the eggs, I always do my hard-boiled eggs in the IP. The shells literally fall off, as opposed to picking them off with half the white attached.

And I have two pots now, though I always make my yogurt at night ....
(2) thanks from:
28-08-2019, 17:37   #69
Miike

Got mine this morning, have a beef stew in it (i really love stew don't judge me). I have the screen pointed towards the door so I can keep in and see it's going, I'm scared my foods going to end up welded to the ceiling
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
28-08-2019, 18:10   #70
twignme

[QUOTE=RoYoBo;111107851

And I have two pots now, though I always make my yogurt at night ....[/QUOTE]

I think you are right RoYoBo, having two pots is the way to go but I haven’t got around to buying another one yet. A useful item i do have is a bowl that will fit in well for pot-in-pot cooking. I do my steel cut oats in the IP, get it all ready the night before and it’s done by the time I’m downstairs. It wouldn’t work as well directly in the main pot.
Thanks from:
28-08-2019, 18:31   #71
ThunbergsAreGo

Any recommendations on accessory packs?

From reading online the trivet that comes isn't tall enough for cooking something on top of pasta for example
28-08-2019, 20:24   #72
RoYoBo

Quote:
Originally Posted by naughtb4 View Post
Any recommendations on accessory packs?

From reading online the trivet that comes isn't tall enough for cooking something on top of pasta for example
I have a number of accessories that I use regularly. Amazon has a great collection of things - some cheaper than others. I have a stainless steel pot insert that is actually a dog's dish! Never used as such, though

See here for possibilities and alternatives.
(2) thanks from:
28-08-2019, 23:08   #73
taytobreath

I am assuming the yogurt ye are talking about is plain yogurt with no fruit.
Has anyone ever added those frozen berry mixes to their yogurt.
28-08-2019, 23:22   #74
RoYoBo

Quote:
Originally Posted by taytobreath View Post
I am assuming the yogurt ye are talking about is plain yogurt with no fruit.
Has anyone ever added those frozen berry mixes to their yogurt.
You can add whatever flavourings or fruit you like after the yogurt is made. Doing it beforehand disrupts the culturing process. My favourite at the moment is lemon curd and chocolate shavings
Thanks from:
29-08-2019, 01:40   #75
Miike

https://www.wellplated.com/instant-pot-beef-stew/

Made this today and the pot was licked clean. Nothing super out of the ordinary ingredients wise, I added more veg like mushrooms and parsnips etc. Really nice

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion