Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

27-08-2019, 09:48   #46
vargoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemsiper View Post

Octopus
Wtf
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
27-08-2019, 10:18   #47
vidapura

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyChimpo View Post
\I have both, and it's pretty much all I use. The oven gets turned on about once a month or less.

Instant Pot - risottos, curries, stews, casseroles, anything that needs a slow cooking

Airfyer - cooking meat, steaks, frozen things, sweet potato fries
Steaks ? In the Airfryer? Really ?
How'd I never think of that?

Must try that next time now...

Thanks
27-08-2019, 10:34   #48
Caranica

Mine arrived today. I'd selected amazon packaging but it came in an instant pot box so amazon gave me a £5 credit.
27-08-2019, 10:58   #49
masterboy123

Hmm.. Didn't know this way to save money. Mine has instant Pot packaging. Could I still try to get credit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caranica View Post
Mine arrived today. I'd selected amazon packaging but it came in an instant pot box so amazon gave me a £5 credit.
27-08-2019, 11:06   #50
Caranica

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterboy123 View Post
Hmm.. Didn't know this way to save money. Mine has instant Pot packaging. Could I still try to get credit?
Did you specifically select amazon packaging? I did and it's on my order so had a genuine issue. Mine was delivered to work hence my asking for plain packaging
Advertisement
27-08-2019, 12:13   #51
masterboy123

Ah ok. I didn't know if we could choose different packaging options.
Well, enjoy the pot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caranica View Post
Did you specifically select amazon packaging? I did and it's on my order so had a genuine issue. Mine was delivered to work hence my asking for plain packaging
27-08-2019, 15:34   #52
RoYoBo

Quote:
Any recipe for yoghurt please?
This is similar to the recipe I use. You can also use UHT milk without boiling first if you like. Don't stress too much about the temperature of the milk after boiling as long as it's not too hot - I've made mine with stone cold milk without any problem.

Basically, I make about 2.5 litres every week and I strain it in the fridge afterwards (muslin bag) to make thick Greek yogurt. Chill it before straining for best results. Use a good starter (eg Fage) and you can then re-use some of your current batch for the next lot.

I use the whey to make bread, pancakes and scones. The OH drinks it too but I can't do that! Honestly, it's the best yogurt you will ever taste and you can add jam, fruit, seeds etc afterwards to your taste.
(3) thanks from:
27-08-2019, 17:17   #53
Ben Done

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoYoBo View Post
This is similar to the recipe I use. You can also use UHT milk without boiling first if you like. Don't stress too much about the temperature of the milk after boiling as long as it's not too hot - I've made mine with stone cold milk without any problem.

Basically, I make about 2.5 litres every week and I strain it in the fridge afterwards (muslin bag) to make thick Greek yogurt. Chill it before straining for best results. Use a good starter (eg Fage) and you can then re-use some of your current batch for the next lot.

I use the whey to make bread, pancakes and scones. The OH drinks it too but I can't do that! Honestly, it's the best yogurt you will ever taste and you can add jam, fruit, seeds etc afterwards to your taste.

Be good if someone could start a thread in Food & Drink forum to share recipes and tips, like the one set up after a good few people on here bought the Airfryer
(3) thanks from:
27-08-2019, 18:41   #54
Lemsiper

Quote:
Any recipe for yoghurt please?
My wife googled it somewhere and followed that method.

Ingredients are basically whole milk and a yogurt contauning live culture. Just save some of the yogurt each time and repeat cycle.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
27-08-2019, 18:45   #55
Lemsiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by naughtb4 View Post
To ask a stupid question, 3 on high and 23 release - is this a 23 minute time from putting it into the pot?

Or does it need time to build up as well?
3 minute timer on the pot and then 23 minute pressure release. I also wash the rice beforehand in cold water until the water runs clear. That's if you want individual grains, but you may want "sticky" rice depending on the meal.
27-08-2019, 18:48   #56
Lemsiper

Quote:

I usually keep the whey and either ferment fruit/veg in it with a certain % of salt and aromatics depending on the produce.

You can also pop the whey in a saucepan and reduce it to make a whey caramel.
Thanks from:
27-08-2019, 20:37   #57
RoYoBo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemsiper View Post
I usually keep the whey and either ferment fruit/veg in it with a certain % of salt and aromatics depending on the produce.

You can also pop the whey in a saucepan and reduce it to make a whey caramel.
Whey caramel sounds interesting. I have also tried making a type of lemonade with it, but it was awful! Probably my fault.
Well diluted, it can be used for plants in the garden too.
27-08-2019, 20:37   #58
RoYoBo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Done View Post
Be good if someone could start a thread in Food & Drink forum to share recipes and tips, like the one set up after a good few people on here bought the Airfryer
I think that's a good idea as we're probably way off topic now
27-08-2019, 20:41   #59
Holy Duck

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoYoBo

Would this be similar to, better than kefir grains?
27-08-2019, 20:58   #60
Ben Done

Quote:
I think that's a good idea as we're probably way off topic now

Nah it's grand like - I'm just trying to figure if I really need one - be great to hear what use folks are getting from theirs, or whether it ends up at the back of a cupboard
(2) thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion