Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

02-12-2019, 19:15   #46
TriStar6

No idea apart from if you don’t get that changed you will not be able to use prime video on your uk firestick (4K) and will get error 5505
Advertisement
02-12-2019, 19:28   #47
masterboy123

I don't have Firestick and don't plan to buy one. I use Prime video using TV app.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriStar6 View Post
No idea apart from if you don’t get that changed you will not be able to use prime video on your uk firestick (4K) and will get error 5505
02-12-2019, 19:31   #48
Galadriel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquos76 View Post
I got a refund of £2.26 on my Revolut card for the last week of my previous prime account, so I actually gained in the end, the 3 months cost me £11.99, I then got £10 Amazon credit and another £2.26 back
Thanks, I just switched. How long did it take to get a refund as I just paid yesterday for a new month. Cheers!
02-12-2019, 20:04   #49
Muahahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterboy123 View Post
What's Prime Video UK Territory? Any advantages? I am using Prime video occasionally as there isn't much there.
Thanks for the help
I believe the UK Prime has a bigger selection of content than what we get in Ireland. And also the Premier League. You need to call or chat to them and say you've moved to the UK and get them to change the territory
Thanks from:
02-12-2019, 20:13   #50
Aquos76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel View Post
Thanks, I just switched. How long did it take to get a refund as I just paid yesterday for a new month. Cheers!
Signed up last Thursday night and got the refund Saturday afternoon.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
02-12-2019, 20:21   #51
masterboy123

Thanks so much. Will do now.

Can I give them my AddressPal address?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muahahaha View Post
I believe the UK Prime has a bigger selection of content than what we get in Ireland. And also the Premier League. You need to call or chat to them and say you've moved to the UK and get them to change the territory
03-12-2019, 00:11   #52
CastorTroy

Paid for this just using Revolut but now the transaction is showing in the revolut app as reverted and declined. This happen anyone else?
Wasn't doing anything with the region. Just standard purchase.
Amazon still showing as me having Prime though
03-12-2019, 09:20   #53
cian8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickeroo View Post
I don't want to clog this thread up with it but you need:
  • your account region set to UK
  • your home & 1-click address set to your parcel motel one
  • your 1-click credit card set to Revolut with billing address as parcel motel.

You will also need to get on to amazon to switch the region to UK at their end too.
Mickeroo - thanks for the instructions. Do you know if number three is necessary? I don't currently have Revolut or any UK based credit card or banking.
03-12-2019, 09:53   #54
Mickeroo
Category Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
Thanks for this. Should you leave the addresses set like that indefinitely or once Amazon support make the change can you change default delivery back to Ire?
I would leave them just to be safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cian8 View Post
Mickeroo - thanks for the instructions. Do you know if number three is necessary? I don't currently have Revolut or any UK based credit card or banking.
I think number 3 might not be necessary for streaming content but if you ever want to buy or rent movies or tv shows from the view on demand catalog i think it's necessary.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
03-12-2019, 10:03   #55
cian8

Quote:
I think number 3 might not be necessary for streaming content but if you ever want to buy or rent movies or tv shows from the view on demand catalog i think it's necessary.
Thanks again. I am just interested in streaming at the moment so I will see how it goes.

cian8
03-12-2019, 20:48   #56
sheepers

I changed my country to UK to allow access to prime video.

I'm now trying to access Amazon Music, but it's asking me to verify my payment method. I use my revolut card but it won't accept it as my region is set to the UK and it's expecting a UK billing address on the card.

Can I keep my Prime Video region as UK AND set my Amazon Music region as Ireland in order to get my card verified on the setup page?
03-12-2019, 21:36   #57
fryup

can't understand that either? why is amazon music so strict on billing address?
03-12-2019, 21:51   #58
masterboy123

Apart from Premier league, do you have see huge difference on variety of material available on Amazon Prime UK?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepers View Post
I changed my country to UK to allow access to prime video.

I'm now trying to access Amazon Music, but it's asking me to verify my payment method. I use my revolut card but it won't accept it as my region is set to the UK and it's expecting a UK billing address on the card.

Can I keep my Prime Video region as UK AND set my Amazon Music region as Ireland in order to get my card verified on the setup page?
03-12-2019, 22:05   #59
Barr

Quote:
I don't want to clog this thread up with it but you need:
  • your account region set to UK
  • your home & 1-click address set to your parcel motel one
  • your 1-click credit card set to Revolut with billing address as parcel motel.

You will also need to get on to amazon to switch the region to UK at their end too.
Thanks Mickeroo,

Glad I found this thread - I was all set to watch the City game tonight but copped it wasn't in ROI

Thanks Mickeroo, just on the last point :

How do I get onto Amazon , is there a number /email.

Will they not question why I want to switch to UK - is there a valid reason I can give them ?

Last edited by Barr; 05-12-2019 at 18:11.
03-12-2019, 22:46   #60
mugsymugsy

Big thanks to Mickeroo. Instructions were perfect.

I did it over live chat through the Amazon app on my phone. I didn't even have to give an excuse just said please confirm my settings are set to the UK. They passed me onto a video account person and he did it in two minutes.

Logged into prime app on my phone and can see it has updated.
(3) thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion