Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Removing seat from lake boat

• 04-05-2021 10:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi all, I'm thinking of removing one of the bench seats from my 19ft Sheelin, removing the seat is easy enough, just wondering if anyone has done it and whether it has an impact on overall strength of the boat with one bench seat removed??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭twin_beacon

It shouldn't be an issue, a mate of mine bought a new Meagher lake boat before with one less seat. To put your mind at ease, ring the guy that makes the Sheelin boats.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 NWBertie

It shouldn't be an issue, a mate of mine bought a new Meagher lake boat before with one less seat. To put your mind at ease, ring the guy that makes the Sheelin boats.

A lot of the traditional lake boats come with a seat less nowadays but sometimes the boat builder puts in extra fiberglass either like a rib or tank to add strength. I think you're right in thinking it'll be ok as there's still another 2 bench seats

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭twin_beacon

NWBertie wrote: »
    A lot of the traditional lake boats coke with a seat less nowadays but sometimes the boat builder puts in extra fiberglass either like a rib or tank to add strength. I think you're right in thinking it'll be ok as there's still another 2 bench seats

Exactly, as long as the remaining bench seats are in place, it should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,157 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Make sure the remaining knees, seats and the gunwale are in good condition and you should be ok.

Advertisement