Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What make of stairlift is this? Battery needed

• 30-04-2021 4:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭

My elderly mother had a bad fall at home today in her bedroom. She has a stairlift but won't use it. I told her to use it to get downstairs. Battery was dead. It's been a good few years since it was replaced so no surprise.

Company I bought it from are no longer in Dublin. Rang someone who quoted €200 for a battery and service. Thought I could do it myself if I could open the cover but can't get it off. Maybe if I look on YouTube I can see how to do it but need to know what model it is. There are no markings on the stairlift to indicate the brand.

Failing that, anyone know anyone who can fit a new battery? Dublin 8 area.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,773 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

My elderly mother had a bad fall at home today in her bedroom. She has a stairlift but won't use it. I told her to use it to get downstairs. Battery was dead. It's been a good few years since it was replaced so no surprise.

Company I bought it from are no longer in Dublin. Rang someone who quoted €200 for a battery and service. Thought I could do it myself if I could open the cover but can't get it off. Maybe if I look on YouTube I can see how to do it but need to know what model it is. There are no markings on the stairlift to indicate the brand.

Failing that, anyone know anyone who can fit a new battery? Dublin 8 area.

It’s a Stannah I think.

If you are handy you might be able to get at the battery. As far as I know these are some sort of golf cart battery.

I don’t think you will get anyone to come out, service and replace the battery for less than what you have been quoted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭Peig Sayers

It’s a Stannah I think.

If you are handy you might be able to get at the battery. As far as I know these are some sort of golf cart battery.

I don’t think you will get anyone to come out, service and replace the battery for less than what you have been quoted.

Thanks. There seems to be some kind of hidden screw and I don't want to just yank it off and break it!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,107 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

spurious wrote: »

Saw that but not the same model. Batteries are not in the same place.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,773 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

Saw that but not the same model. Batteries are not in the same place.

I was looking at it again. Maybe it is the Brooks?

EDIT: Is this any help?

https://youtu.be/dEDq3qpPbZ0

Looks a bit complicated.

• Advertisement

I was looking at it again. Maybe it is the Brooks?

EDIT: Is this any help?

https://youtu.be/dEDq3qpPbZ0

Looks a bit complicated.

Thanks. Still not exactly right but a bit closer!

Advertisement