Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Looking for Guitar Hard-case?

• 03-04-2021 4:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭

Hi, I need to ship a classic guitar to relative abroad who misses their instrument during lockdown and im looking for a hard case to ship it in. ( have a soft case only).

Waltons have one for 75 euros which is fine but closed due to covid and delivery from waltons will take over week- which would be too late to include in shipment arranged.

Anyone know of a place I can get one quicker?

New or second had(any condition)
    Even a guitar shaped cardboard box a new guitar came in might suit if its strong!

Im based in Dublin 15.

“Roll it back”

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,007 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

I wouldn't recommend a cardboard box tbh, a hard case is the way to go alright. I have a spare electric guitar case but I dont know if a classical guitar would fit in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Classic or classical.

I wouldn't ship an instrument if sentimental or valuable in anything other than a hard box.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Maybe give X-Music a call? They might have some double boxes for shipping. Depends on how far you're shipping too. If you're shipping to Australia, I'd probably go for a hard case in a double box. If it's to Europe, just cardboard should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭ozmo

Thanks for the offer - unfortunately yeah- I dont think will fit.

It is Australia area yes... i dont think its an expensive one but sentimental yes...

Thanks for the X-Music tip- they have a case too - Im going contact them see what their delivery times are like...

Cheers

“Roll it back”

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,007 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

This might sound silly but for the price of the packaging & shipping they could probably get a guitar over there to keep them going. One of the guys in our band does that all the time, he goes over there every other year & first thing he does is pick up a cheapish guitar to keep him busy on the trip.

• Advertisement
Advertisement