Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Bash League. Aussie T20.

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,205 ✭✭✭Gillespy

Malan was mixed, classy strokes followed by streaky ones. Will the Aussie test players come back to the teams now? NZ tour isn't for over a month so I guess some will.

What shocked me the most watching today was seeing James Vince on top of the longest six table. 99m I think it is. Not who you'd expect.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,845 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Heat well beaten by the Scorchers after looking well in it after 10 overs of the chase.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

Heat well beaten by the Scorchers after looking well in it after 10 overs of the chase.

Watched a bit of that, does Joe Denly block his way to 20 in every game? He's always getting 20, weather it's tests odis or slogging competitions around the world

Watched a bit of that, does Joe Denly block his way to 20 in every game? He's always getting 20, weather it's tests odis or slogging competitions around the world

This is the way.

Renegades beat the Stars which was a nice surprise. Great morale boost if nothing else for the Renegades.

• Advertisement

Strikers strolling to victory over Heat.

Another one sided game. Good timing for Alex Carey to make a hundred with a potential opening in the test team soon. Bad timing for Delhi Capitals after just releasing him. Was Ponting on commentary?

Gillespy wrote: »
    Another one sided game. Good timing for Alex Carey to make a hundred with a potential opening in the test team soon. Bad timing for Delhi Capitals after just releasing him. Was Ponting on commentary?

He was indeed and Carey was supposed to be on mic but didn't because of "fatigue" which tbf he could have been after that knock (although 19 overs in olden times really isn't much of a stint!), or also didn't want to talk to Ponting.

Flicking between BBL and the England Test. Hales absolutely nailing it at the moment. Himself and Ferguson got revenge for the Thunder over the Strikers today.

Stars miss out on the finals, and Strikers hang on to qualify as a result. So that's good news all round.

• Advertisement

Strikers woeful with the bat, think Heat will probably stroll the run chase.

Strikers woeful with the bat, think Heat will probably stroll the run chase.

They are struggling at 28/3, could do with a solid 20 from Denly

They are struggling at 28/3, could do with a solid 20 from Denly

Settled now, Strikers needed to take that Peirson chance.

Dropped a very easy chance there too.

Dropped a very easy chance there too.

Could have been 2 in 2, but looks like the batting will do for the Strikers, 130 is a low target

Could have been 2 in 2, but looks like the batting will do for the Strikers, 130 is a low target

Another 20 from Strikers and it'd have been game on. Briggs is the ultimate unsung player for them. Commentators go on about how ordinary his style is, no spin etc. but he's been ultra reliable all tournament and taken wickets, could have had 3 today for 16.

Scorchers look like they might be a few runs light. Marsh got a stinker of a decision which it's fair to say he wasn't impressed with.

Actually looks like Scorchers might have been about 50 short!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,032 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Bowling a wide with 1 needed and Vince about to go on a century. That's ****housery and a half :pac:

Bowling a wide with 1 needed and Vince about to go on a century. That's ****housery and a half :pac:

It was, but they also fupped it up themselves.

• Advertisement

Vince played so well. Hughes messed up the over before getting a boundary. Pathetic by Tye.

..........Pathetic by Tye.

Bit of mind games for if they meet again maybe.

Thunder will be kicking themselves. Never got enough runs, with some mad batting/decision making then when bowling were well on top after 10 overs then completely lost the plot again. Heat the comeback kids do it again.

Scorchers will play the Sixers in the final. Hammered the Heat today.

Vert typical Heat effort.

Vince vs Tye again then. No Starc for the Sixers. Wouldn't be fair considering he hasn't played a BBL game since 2014 I think I read.

Vert typical Heat effort.

Vince vs Tye again then. No Starc for the Sixers. Wouldn't be fair considering he hasn't played a BBL game since 2014 I think I read.

Typically, after seeing virtually all the other games I'm working for the final. Will have to watch on catch up, fingers crossed for a good game, I don't mind either team, but I think I'd rather a Scorchers win.

Vince the difference again today, probably frustrated to miss another ton but the win and that catch probably helped him get over it. Sixers the best team all tournament.

Advertisement