Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best Kayak

• 21-11-2020 8:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

Hi

We have a large river beside us looking to buy a double kayak, any advise what to buy ?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Romer

Sit on top or Sit in? If by large river you mean something like the Shannon you could get use out of something like a tandem sea kayak.

Paddled a Prijon Poseidon for 10 days last year and it was grand on the water. Sucked carrying it but then any double weighs a ton.

Pyranha make something a bit different called a Fusion Duo. Spent some time in one both on the Slaney and in the Irish Sea. Handy boat and if I was ever in the market for a tandem I'd be hard pressed to find a better option.

I paddled a couple tandem SOTs now and again but got no idea what they were so I'd be no help on those.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Have a chat with Darren in Darrens Kayaks.

https://www.darrenskayaks.com/index.html

He'll point you in the right direction and you can even try them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 grass

Hi Romer Thanks.
    We are looking at a sit on, we used them in Durgarvan this year found it easy to use.

We are living on the river lee i wouldn't mind how heavy it was as long as it would be safe.

Thanks Pullandbang I will give Darren a shout

Advertisement