Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

WWE and Twitch

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

Taker joins TicTok now...

Once the most protected character in wrestling history now it will be the most shilled out character.

Yeah it’s getting a little embarrassing now.. and wwe are releasing hideous taker/snoop dog hoodies.. don’t mind seeing a few interviews with him out of character but he’s everywhere at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

If he’s retired what’s it matter to protect that he does harmless Tiktoks to promote Sunday’s farewell that’s the reason he’s everywhere at the minute typical wwe to overpromote

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

If it's anything I've learned after band's announce farewell tours, it's to take them with a massive pinch of salt (Kiss and Motley Crue being two prime examples) Same applies to wrestler's "farewells"

Also isn't The Undertaker contracted to the WWE until sometime in 2030? I remember reading about him signing an extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    If it's anything I've learned after band's announce farewell tours, it's to take them with a massive pinch of salt (Kiss and Motley Crue being two prime examples) Same applies to wrestler's "farewells"

I do fully expect to wake up on monday to see on Twitter the fiend attacked taker

• Registered Users Posts: 28,793 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I see Xavier Woods is a new host for the relaunch of the gaming network, G4, next year.
    Wonder what kind of deal was struck there to allow that considering all this with Twitch, etc.
    I'm assuming he'll be hosting as Austin Creed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,130 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I see Xavier Woods is a new host for the relaunch of the gaming network, G4, next year.
    Wonder what kind of deal was struck there to allow that considering all this with Twitch, etc.
    I'm assuming he'll be hosting as Austin Creed.

As I suggested before I reckon certain stars played ball with Vince because they received secret assurances on the sly. Someone like Xavier with his ability to reach a wider and "wholesome" audience has much more coin value to Vince than Zelina so will let things slide.

It's shady as **** and the reason why there will never be a union, when certain people can take personal advantage of a situation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭Smacruairi

As I suggested before I reckon certain stars played ball with Vince because they received secret assurances on the sly. Someone like Xavier with his ability to reach a wider and "wholesome" audience has much more coin value to Vince than Zelina so will let things slide.

It's shady as **** and the reason why there will never be a union, when certain people can take personal advantage of a situation.

Bit harsh on Woods. The guy seems very supportive of his work mates, and id argue that up up down down opened the doors for most wwe twitch streamers to do their thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,130 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Smacruairi wrote: »
    Bit harsh on Woods. The guy seems very supportive of his work mates, and id argue that up up down down opened the doors for most wwe twitch streamers to do their thing.

Maybe it was harsh, but there's something not right in some being granted leeway on outside ventures while others are fired for it.

I'd say it's possible that Woods negotiated something early on since he's been at this longer than most of the others so got a good deal, but as more stated doing it a new deal was done up for them, but Woods had his original deal.
    So not so much he slyly negotiated something extra, he just got a better deal as he was one of the first

• Registered Users Posts: 60,281 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

In an interview with Alex McCarthy of TalkSPORT, Styles revealed that although he wasn't pleased about taking down his Twitch channel, he took the news of the edict like "a team player" and agreed to follow the lead of McMahon, who he referred to as "the captain."
    ........"I did [meet Vince McMahon over the third party ban," revealed Styles, in an interview hosted by Inside the Ropes. "Myself, Xavier Woods, and Sasha Banks had a sit down meeting in Connecticut about this situation. By the end of the meeting, it was determined that this [points at his face] is intellectual property."

He continued, "We do well as far as the WWE [goes] and if there's an opportunity to pay back that [Twitch] money that we worked hard for at different times, we probably should.".........

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2020/12/aj-styles-details-his-meeting-with-vince-mcmahon-over-678241/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Leaked footage of Styles from that meeting...

giphy-downsized-large.gif

The WWE has started to issue violations starting with a warning, then a fine, and finally suspension

This is just from Instagram in 2020.

Lana earned $625k

Mandy Rose earned $490k

https://loveux.co.uk/insights/top-celebrity-instagram-earners-2020

Add in other social media platforms that is some amount of money to be giving up to the WWE.

A fool and their money crosses my mind.

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1379127318191439875?s=20

AJ Styles ($400)
    Daniel Bryan ($400)
    Randy Orton ($500)
    Bobby Lashley ($200)
    Drew McIntyre ($250)
    Rhea Ripley ($150)
    Kevin Owens ($250)
    Sami($200)
    Seth Rollins ($400)
    Shane McMahon ($500)
    Alexa Bliss ($400)
    Asuka ($200)
    Braun Strowman ($250)
    Damian Priest ($150)
    Kofi Kingston ($250)
    John Morrison ($200)
    Omos ($150)
    Miz ($250)
    Riddle ($200)
    Sheamus ($250)
    Xavier Woods ($250)
    Apollo Crews ($200)
    Bianca Belar
    Big E ($250)
    Cesaro

• Registered Users Posts: 53,836 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Holy ****

• Registered Users Posts: 9,688 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Shane mcmahon costs more than Daniel Bryan? Fantastic....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Shane making more makes sense though since he's an executive and his time is likely considerably more valuable than the others.

Shane making more makes sense though since he's an executive and his time is likely considerably more valuable than the others.

Shane isn't an executive in the WWE since he returned he is on a talent contract only, The WWE released this at their stockholder meeting last year.

Shane makes about $2m a year form performing and royalties.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

In fairness if it was a reasonable price the guys and gals would be flooded

Imagine all the guys who'd pay $20 for a cameo from Alex Bliss, or $25 for a funny one to show everyone about Randy Orton

A high price does weed out a lot of the more undesirable sorts who seek these things out

Bliss has released a video in character inviting people to join her on Cameo.

Stalker alert would want to be on full alert for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Stalker alert would want to be on full alert for that.

And she's already had trouble with that and all

I don't know which is creepier, the ones hounding them on social media or the ones who used to wait for them at airports

• Advertisement

Shane isn't an executive in the WWE since he returned he is on a talent contract only, The WWE released this at their stockholder meeting last year.

Shane makes about $2m a year form performing and royalties.

Oh yeah I know but he's on the board of directors of a number of companies so his time would definitely be more valuable overall compared to most of the talent still.

Get your Hell in a Cell Cameo from a WWE Superstar.
    Alexa Bliss – $600
    Seth Rollins – $600
    Bobby Lashley – $450
    Drew McIntyre – $450
    Rhea Ripley – $350
    Cesaro – $350
    Kevin Owens – $500
    Sami Zayn – $350
    Shawn Michaels – $750
    Bianca Belair – $400
    Rey Mysterio – $500
    Nia Jax – $350
    Charlotte Flair – $500

https://on.cameo.com/hellinacell/

• Registered Users Posts: 53,836 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Wow

Crazy money

Sami is under valuing himself though

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Aha, Vince getting his cut on wrestler's mandatory outside ventures! Mental.

Who's the best value here? (i know it's a relative term lol)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Who the hell buys these things?:eek::eek::eek:

For $450 I'd want Drew to come to my house, go for a beer and hit me with a Claymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

ShagNastii wrote: »
    Who the hell buys these things?:eek::eek::eek:

For $450 I'd want Drew to come to my house, go for a beer and hit me with a Claymore.

For $600, I'd want Alexa to.......nevermind.

Is Alexa a 2 for 1 offer with Lily included? Or maybe that's why the price is so high.
    Headshot wrote: »
    Sami is under valuing himself though

It's all part of the conspiracy

jaykhunter wrote: »

Who's the best value here? (i know it's a relative term lol)

Rhea is the only one sold out so far so I'd guess she was.

Wow. At the AEW Fan Fest for the total of $370, I ended up meeting (in person) Mox, Kingston, Orange, Miro, Darby, Hikaru, Leyla Hirsch, The Acclaimed, Tony Schiavone, Ricky Starks, Will Hobbs, got free stuff to get signed also. Those prices are insane, with Rey, Shawn and maybe Seth being the only understandable ones there.

• Advertisement

WWE/Endeavor have reached a deal with talent to be able to return to Twitch.

When they bought the UFC they cut fight purses and allowed fighters make up the balance by using Twitch etc.

So will WWE talent now see their overall salary cut.

Advertisement