Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

iPhone recordings, can they be cleaned up

• 01-09-2020 3:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭

So Basically a bit of a sad question, myself and my friend had a wee two piece together, me on vocals, himself on guitar, we had arranged to book into a recording studio to record songs we had written and some covers, just for the craic really, to have for ourselves not to sell or anything.

Unfortunately he got a cancer diagnosis and with lockdown and with how the chemo affected his fingers we didn't get to make the studio and he passed away last week.

We recorded a lot of stuff on my iPhone, just to have as reminder as to how we arranged the songs and I'm wondering if there is a way to clean these up so I could make a cd or put the songs on a memory stick to give to his family.

It doesn't have to be crystal clear but a bit clearer than they are at the moment, is there any software available that could do that? I know it's difficult when the voice and guitar are intertwined on the one recording.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,878 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

You could download davinci resolve lite (its free) and use fairlight (the audio section) to normalise the level and muck around with getting it to sound better. But look at the end of the day it is what it is, it doesn't need to be perfect so I'd say it will be grand

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Shtickboy

Howdy, did you ever get sorted?

Advertisement