Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread: Capital Gains

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,941 ✭✭✭rolling boh

I well remember the awful defeats and thinking will I see an all ireland at all .1995 was great little did i think we not make another one for so long no mind win one .The last decade was something I couldn't even dream of really so have witnessed some truly memorable days so feel privileged really . But enough of the doom and gloom we can still do it have to keep the faith .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭ArielAtom

Morto. Its a Dublin GAA discussion thread. Not a thread for Dublin supporters. The biggest incident of the weekend happen in Tyrone. Every other GAA thread has the same posters offering views and opinions...... you'd nearly swear it was the point of boards or something.......

Just as an aside, how many posters went on to the Tyrone thread and posted, your good self included? Thought not, another excuse to have a pop, comical to say the least. Get over yourself MORTO, doesn’t even cover it.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭technocrat

ArielAtom wrote: »
    Just as an aside, how many posters went on to the Tyrone thread and posted, your good self included? Thought not, another excuse to have a pop, comical to say the least. Get over yourself MORTO, doesn’t even cover it.

Whoa! Hook, line and sinker of a meltdown

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭technocrat

ArielAtom wrote: »
    Another concerned lad from outside the county, another bite�� And you’re meant to be cute hoors. Keep channeling the hurt��

Get off your high horse there’s plenty of posts from Dublin supporters on the other county threads.

I seriously don’t get the insecurity, all the OP did was state the facts and boom your triggered

• Registered Users Posts: 1,779 ✭✭✭Happyilylost

ArielAtom wrote:
    And the first bite, cheers, you couldn’t help yourself could you. Keep it up, it makes my day to witness the utter despair.

Despair of? I think you should get out more. Great big world out there to enjoy without having imaginary wars behind a computer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

The gravity of my doubts are predicated on who it is that overturns us. There's a sliding scale of horror.

I can live with Galway beating us in a semi, only for them to fall to Monaghan in the final, with Conor McManus kicking a wonder score in the dying minutes of extra time. Or vice versa. PJ is one of the good guys. Be great to see attacking football win out. Would also love to see McManus get his day in the sun. Class, class player who rarely gets involved in stupid shyte.

Added bonus is that it would SICKEN the absolute holes off Tyrone, Kerry & Mayo to watch someone else swan in & take us down when they tried & failed over the guts of a decade to get the job done.

I know, I know....I'm very petty.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,129 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

JRant wrote: »
    No, I got the point alright. Howard is a lying prick but fans attacking players is grand.

It really shouldn't be up to the players. The GAA have a responsibility to ensure player safety, they failed miserably.

The irony is not lost on me with the difference in reaction to a 'foreign sport' incident involving a pro-soccer player confronting a fan in the crowd. Which was addressed head on by the manager. Versus the reaction that Micky Harte gave to a much more serious incident of one of his own players belting the head off others while being egged on by fans. Laugh and a joke sure this is the GAA smirk etc.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

ProudDUB wrote: »
    I can live with Galway beating us in a semi, only for them to fall to Monaghan in the final, with Conor McManus kicking a wonder score in the dying minutes of extra time. Or vice versa. PJ is one of the good guys. Be great to see attacking football win out. Would also love to see McManus get his day in the sun. Class, class player who rarely gets involved in stupid shyte.

Added bonus is that it would SICKEN the absolute holes off Tyrone, Kerry & Mayo to watch someone else swan in & take us down when they tried & failed over the guts of a decade to get the job done.

I know, I know....I'm very petty.
    I can get onboard with this sentiment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,779 ✭✭✭Happyilylost

Has Peadar O Cofaigh Byrne being involved for Dublin this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

Another Leinster title for the U 20s tonight. Laois were brushed aside in a rather comfortable 10 point win. Three points short of the same final pairing result last year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

Another Leinster title for the U 20s tonight. Laois were brushed aside in a rather comfortable 10 point win. Three points short of the same final pairing result last year.

Dublin have swept honors at this level over the last 10 years. There won't be any return to a competitive leinster championship.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭diceyreilly

Anyone any idea why the match on Sunday is now 3:15pm?

Anyone any idea why the match on Sunday is now 3:15pm?

Hurling Div 2 final between Antrim v Kerry at 1pm

• Registered Users Posts: 7,327 ✭✭✭Trampas

That has rightly fked up my plans for the day.

Hurling Div 2 final between Antrim v Kerry at 1pm

Kerry Seniors possibly winning a final in Croke Park?

Well I suppose what's rare is wonderful ! ;)

If we beat Meath on Sunday and then Galway away (they should be already qualified for final) think we're relying on Donegal beating Tyrone and Kerry to drop points for us to reach final. Probably wont make final this year but not a big deal either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,076 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Getting text messages off me ma now saying are you still going to that match Sunday....

She will have me das head wrecked by time weekend comes especially cause I'm bringing the young fella as well ha.

Wonder have the Gaa considered cancelling anything yet or at what stage will they?

Getting text messages off me ma now saying are you still going to that match Sunday....

She will have me das head wrecked by time weekend comes especially cause I'm bringing the young fella as well ha.

Wonder have the Gaa considered cancelling anything yet or at what stage will they?

Only matter of time i feel. St Galls up in Belfast have shut down their club house after a member has the virus. The first of many.

Only matter of time i feel. St Galls up in Belfast have shut down their club house after a member has the virus. The first of many.

It's been quite on the Gaa front considering few other things have been canceled.

She's putting doubts in my mind now ffs ha.

It's been quite on the Gaa front considering few other things have been canceled.

She's putting doubts in my mind now ffs ha.

I feel this virus is going to cause a fair bit of damage by the time it's done. We'll have to wait and see but glad Patricks day parade is cancelled and GAA attendances will suffer. My 93 year old Grandad is very worried. If he's one of the 1.8 million of us that are predicted to get it well he wont be making 94 anyway.

• Advertisement

I feel this virus is going to cause a fair bit of damage by the time it's done. We'll have to wait and see but glad Patricks day parade is cancelled and GAA attendances will suffer. My 93 year old Grandad is very worried. If he's one of the 1.8 million of us that are predicted to get it well he wont be making 94 anyway.

Can u imagine an All Ireland Championship played behind closed doors.....

Not quite haha. That's a doomsday scenario. I will be avoiding any mass gatherings for the foreseeable future, though. No GAA. No Irish league soccer. No pubs (off drink anyway).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Hopefully he'll be ok.It's a time of real concern for our nation's over 70s in particular.

TBH I can envisage match cancellations occurring.

seligehgit wrote: »
    Hopefully he'll be ok.It's a time of real concern for our nation's over 70s in particular.

TBH I can envisage match cancellations occurring.

Cancellations or games behind closed doors perhaps. I see the whole of Italy is now under lockdown. 7,000 people got the virus in last week in Milan with 300 deaths. It's spreading like wildfire Last nights Juve v Inter top of the table clash looked odd played to an empty crowd. Hopefully it doesn't affect us like that but we could be in for an unprecedented spell of country wide illness.

They'll be lucky to get 30,000 this weekend. People can have an entire row of empty seats to themselves at Croker if they want to self isolate at the match.

They'll be lucky to get 30,000 this weekend. People can have an entire row of empty seats to themselves at Croker if they want to self isolate at the match.

Game not on tv so that may help the attendance small bit. Meath already relegated so cant see many travelling to see another inevitable defeat. A few hundred for the hurling final. I'd say approx 20,000.

Add in the weekly ****e weekend weather we seem to be getting recently and id say place be hopping alri! Ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Squareball

Shut everything now for the next few weeks and we should be able to avoid that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,758 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Would probably be the time that Mayo would win it!!

• Advertisement

La Liga now playing games behind closed doors for next two weeks. More to come across the continent surely. When will Ireland be hit? Only a matter of time i feel.

Advertisement