Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chat

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,552 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Not mad about the premier league but definitely hitting Dublin that night, place will be hopping!

Think I'll give it a miss next year but they are good nights

• Registered Users Posts: 13,246 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Brighton seems to be the one dropped for Berlin.

When Brighton was introduced in the 2007 Darts PL it was one of the biggest venues they'd used up to then and was the location of Finals night.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭FineAle

Dutch Dart Masters - September 1st-3rd 2017

Top 16 Involved:

Michael van Gerwen
    Peter Wright
    Mensur Suljović
    Simon Whitlock
    Michael Smith
    Ian White
    Kim Huybrechts
    Benito van de Pas
    Daryl Gurney
    Jelle Klaasen
    Alan Norris
    Joe Cullen
    Cristo Reyes
    Gerwyn Price
    Rob Cross
    Mervyn King

Plus 16 UK Qualifiers

Paddy Power Odds:

MVG 4/5 vs Rest of the Field 10/11

• Registered Users Posts: 4,954 ✭✭✭Liamalone

I think MVG had a wain recently, might still yet be feeling the effects of the wife moaning and be off his game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Liamalone wrote:
    I think MVG had a wain recently, might still yet be feeling the effects of the wife moaning and be off his game.

There's some stat I seen before about players going on crazy good form after 1st child is born. It's eery how often it happens.

• Advertisement

Does anyone on this forum play online darts on WDA?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,537 ✭✭✭bassy

Is it on tv any where or a good stream?

bassy wrote:
    Is it on tv any where or a good stream?

You'd have to subscribe to PDC.tv for a good quality stream. Only 4 quid a month worth it. No minimum subscription so you can order for 1 month. Couple of Euro tours and floor tournaments coming up this month.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,537 ✭✭✭bassy

You'd have to subscribe to PDC.tv for a good quality stream. Only 4 quid a month worth it. No minimum subscription so you can order for 1 month. Couple of Euro tours and floor tournaments coming up this month.

Thanks for your replie.

Steve Beaton vs John Henderson in tonight's Quarter Final. Great to see these at it, top lads.

• Advertisement

FineAle wrote:
    Steve Beaton vs John Henderson in tonight's Quarter Final. Great to see these at it, top lads.

Henderson is a strange case. Always does well on these Euro events, can't hit the board in UK events..

Anyone watching the german darts masters? Its on pdc.tv. if anyone wants a stream give me a pm.

cant see past mvg again, hopefully gurney has a good run

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

I watched some last night. My abiding memory even though I've seen him plenty of times is of Andrew Gilding nearly walking off the oche to throw a dart. They had to change the camera angle on the board because of him.

gramar wrote:
    I watched some last night. My abiding memory even though I've seen him plenty of times is of Andrew Gilding nearly walking off the oche to throw a dart. They had to change the camera angle on the board because of him.

Some man! He must have a huge room to practice in at home

MvG won the German masters (obviously)

Fair play to Rob cross getting to the final. What a player he's turning out to be

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

MvG won the German masters (obviously)

Fair play to Rob cross getting to the final. What a player he's turning out to be

111 average for MVG

Great experience for Cross, having a fantastic year to date.

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭lambayire

No Phil Taylor for the Grand Prix at Citywest.

https://www.pdc.tv/news/2017/09/11/2017-unibet-world-grand-prix-field

lambayire wrote: »
    No Phil Taylor for the Grand Prix at Citywest.

https://www.pdc.tv/news/2017/09/11/2017-unibet-world-grand-prix-field

good , his behaviour this year is worse than ever before and that's saying something

First time that there hasn't been two places reserved for Irish players?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,236 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

First time that there hasn't been two places reserved for Irish players?

Yeah I think so. In fairness it's a major, there shouldn't be reserved places for players. Everyone should have to qualify by right.

We are on the BBC this weekend, 2nd edition of the grandly titled Champions League of Darts.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_Champions_League_of_Darts
    http://www.bbc.com/sport/darts/40796563

We are on the BBC this weekend, 2nd edition of the grandly titled Champions League of Darts.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_Champions_League_of_Darts
    http://www.bbc.com/sport/darts/40796563

always a good watch , hopefully a BDO fella does ok although i hate wolfy

peteeeed wrote:
    always a good watch , hopefully a BDO fella does ok although i hate wolfy

Id say you have your tournaments mixed up. This is just the top 8 PDC players. The Grand Slam has the BDO players in November.

Crazy how this exhibition event has 100k prize. More than most ranking events.

Id say you have your tournaments mixed up. This is just the top 8 PDC players. The Grand Slam has the BDO players in November.

oh balls yes , the is the champions league job? even better

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,236 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I keep repeating myself but there are far too many nothing tournaments on the PDC calandar. They need to scrap some of them and come up with some proper ranking tournaments.

Kingp35 wrote: »
    I keep repeating myself but there are far too many nothing tournaments on the PDC calandar. They need to scrap some of them and come up with some proper ranking tournaments.

This CL tournament really is having a tournament for the sake of it.

Ya I'd agree too. I'd prefer 5 or 6 week long majors a year than nothing darts every weekend. I do like the European tour events though.

Ya I'd agree too. I'd prefer 5 or 6 week long majors a year than nothing darts every weekend. I do like the European tour events though.

They Euro tour events are decent. Plenty of games in short format and a chance to see players you wouldn't see otherwise.

The problem I see is that of 12 Euro tour events that bar Gibraltar the rest are in Germany (9) and Vienna (1) which is practically Germany anyway and Maastricht which you could say the same about as it's only across the border.

It's not much of a tour when they're always on in the same country. I'm sure a few other countries could host a couple of these Ireland being one of them.

• Advertisement

Ya us possibly, the Dutch get screwed too. Not enough events for the biggest darting nation on the planet.

PDC seem very biased for Germany, young Max Hopp getting a real push from me Hearn even.

Germany
    Spain
    Holland
    Austria
    Ireland
    Italy
    France

That's a proper Euro tour

Advertisement