Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mature Nursing

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 lou757

So delighted got my first choice, general in UL!! Gutted I have to defer though😞

• Registered Users Posts: 12 AliceWalker16

Offers are up! Hope everyone got were they wanted! I got DCU delighted! ðŸ˜႒

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Got my first choice. Delighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Umekichi

Got General nursing in UL! Delighted as it was the only Uni that I applied to.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 nicky21

Got my 3rd choice for dental nursing in AIT. I gathered as much since I only scored 152 so my first choice general was out :( happy but kinda disappointed

• Advertisement

Umekichi wrote: »
    Got General nursing in UL! Delighted as it was the only Uni that I applied to.

Congrats I did too!! Have had to defer though so a little gutted. If you wouldn't mind could you let me know what books are needed for the course I would really appreciate it! Best of luck with the course ðŸ˜႒

• Registered Users Posts: 14 nicky21

Does anyone know if I complete 2 year dental nursing would I have a higher chance of getting general ?

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Umekichi

lou757 wrote: »
    Congrats I did too!! Have had to defer though so a little gutted. If you wouldn't mind could you let me know what books are needed for the course I would really appreciate it! Best of luck with the course ðŸ˜႒
    will do, btw were you in LCFE?

Umekichi wrote: »
    will do, btw were you in LCFE?

Yes I was! I was NS1B

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Matnurse

Can anyone put me out of my misery on this one, do you need a leaving cert science subject to apply for mature nursing? I'm finding it hard to determine a definite answer with all the information online.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Kerry25x

Matnurse wrote: »
    Can anyone put me out of my misery on this one, do you need a leaving cert science subject to apply for mature nursing? I'm finding it hard to determine a definite answer with all the information online.

No you don't need any leaving cert subjects at all. If you're going the mature route then your place is based solely on the results of your appitude test. 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Anewbegining

I applied today via cao for general nursing in dcu. Am I right in seeing that mature codes have now been done away with? So confused
    There is only one code dc215.
    Also didn't include leaving cert results.
    Also is it easy enough to navigate the public jobs website to register for the assessment?

Sorry so many questions

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Anewbegining

I applied today via cao for general nursing in dcu. Am I right in seeing that mature codes have now been done away with? So confused
    There is only one code dc215.
    Also didn't include leaving cert results.
    Also is it easy enough to navigate the public jobs website to register for the assessment?

Sorry so many questions

Anyone??

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Willow1984

nelly84 wrote: »
    I did the prep course and it was worth the money great tips would recommend it

Hi I was wondering what this prep course is and where I can do it please. Also what is the name of the facebook group people are talking about so I can join.
    Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Kerry25x

Willow1984 wrote: »
    Hi I was wondering what this prep course is and where I can do it please. Also what is the name of the facebook group people are talking about so I can join.
    Thank you

Facebook group is called "Rollercoaster Nursing/Midwives, Mature entrants to nursing & midwifery Ireland". The prep course is by Career Services. I didn't do the prep day, just practiced away loads myself with free material available online and got really great results but a lot of people who do it find it helpful.

Advertisement