Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Colts Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Woah, that picture was ****ing huge, so I'll just link it instead.

Picture of the cheerleaders cutting their hair in support of Chuck.

Hows Chuck doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

He was at the game again tonight, still getting treatment and recovering!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Woah, that picture was ****ing huge, so I'll just link it instead.

Picture of the cheerleaders cutting their hair in support of Chuck.

Hows Chuck doing?

Finished the 2nd round of chemo this week. He's cancer free, but still needs to complete 3 rounds of chemo to give himself the best chance of not relapsing.

Hopefully he'll be on the sidelines alongside BA for the playoffs ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

7-4!!!

That is all!

taidghbaby wrote: »
    7-4!!!

That is all!
    was not expecting this 2 months ago.

Its unreal actually. If we make the playoffs it will have to be the biggest achievement in the teams history, aside from the Super Bowl.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

it's going to be an exciting finish to the regular season. Bengals looking very good at the moment so I think they and the Steelers will push us for the wildcard spots. Luckily they play each other once in the run in. If we're very lucky maybe the Texans will have #1 seed wrapped up for final game of regular season and decide to rest some players.

McG wrote: »
    it's going to be an exciting finish to the regular season. Bengals looking very good at the moment so I think they and the Steelers will push us for the wildcard spots. Luckily they play each other once in the run in. If we're very lucky maybe the Texans will have #1 seed wrapped up for final game of regular season and decide to rest some players.
    I was cheering Houston on for that very reason last week. They have to win out between now and then though though, because the Pats aren't losing again this reg. season.

Fili Moala and Josh Chapman both on IR. Bit of a disaster really. Moala was having a decent season, and Chapman looks like he could be a non-starter. Apparently weve picked up some Kellen Heard off the Rams, but I cant expect this guy will be much use in an already stretched (though surprisingly stingy) defense.

davyjose wrote: »
    Fili Moala and Josh Chapman both on IR. Bit of a disaster really. Moala was having a decent season, and Chapman looks like he could be a non-starter. Apparently weve picked up some Kellen Heard off the Rams, but I cant expect this guy will be much use in an already stretched (though surprisingly stingy) defense.
    Moala had probably been out second best D-line man after Redding this year! Chapman is a disappointing one but it appears that his knee flared up after some of the practices! It's always difficult to judge how a knee will react after that kind of inactivity and surgery!
    Heard was kicked out of the Rams after something that happened at the road game against the 49ers! It's thought it was a violation of curfew and there were 4 players involved I think, (the others were dropped down the roster chart) but its all a bit mysterious! Can't remember ever seeing him (that doesn't really mean anything though) but from what I've read and his stats he looks dependable!

I also see Angerers stats are very poor since he's come back! It may be to do with the role he's being asked to play and that Freeman is being give more a free role to chase the ball, but he had no tackles last week agains the bills, and was in for a good number of snaps! He could still be suffering from his injury!

With regards the Bills game I thought the defence played quite well! Freeman was the stand out performer but I was happy to see Mathis and (a fit looking) Freeney getting pressure on Fitzpatrick! The Bills aren't good on offence but it was probably the best out pass rush has looked this year!

Looking forward to the Lions game now! Davis is back and will follow Megatron around I presume! That may not be pretty! The Lions are desperate now and ran the Texans very close last week, but we have struggled big time on the road! We can't less this become a shoot out IMO!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Big game tonight! I'm expecting a high scoring game with hopefully Luck coming out on top!

• Advertisement

Raf32 wrote: »
    Big game tonight! I'm expecting a high scoring game with hopefully Luck coming out on top!

I think our defensive back situation will hurt us badly. We'll see though. A win here would be huge and would give us a 1-3 record against the NFC this season :D

NFC north me arse :-)

8-4 with 2 very winnable games left. :D

This team has exceeded my expectations at every point this season and could be setting up a trip to visit a certain Mr P Manning in the first round of the playoffs. Incredible stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Green_Martian

Unbelievable game tonight, got to see the last few plays on NFL Redzone, i was thinking to myself can we or even Luck do it again. Some great plays from such a young QB in the last few seconds of the game. Jumped of the chair when we got that TD in the last few seconds, scared the cr@p out of the other half :D 8-4 for the season got to be very happy with that

McG wrote: »
    8-4 with 2 very winnable games left. :D

This team has exceeded my expectations at every point this season and could be setting up a trip to visit a certain Mr P Manning in the first round of the playoffs. Incredible stuff.

Yeah just had a quick look at the remaining games, 2 against the Texans which will be very though as they are 11-1, Titans at home 4-8 and then at the Chiefs who are 2-10.

If they win the 2 games against the Titans and the Chiefs we could end up finishing 10-6

Yeah just had a quick look at the remaining games, 2 against the Texans which will be very though as they are 11-1, Titans at home 4-8 and then at the Chiefs who are 2-10.

If they win the 2 games against the Titans and the Chiefs we could end up finishing 10-6
    Las game is at home to the Texans who will probably have the number one seed locked up by then and will be playing the backups, coupled with the fact that we've never lost at home to the Texans!

But as ya said the titans and chiefs games should be won!

taidghbaby wrote: »
    Las game is at home to the Texans who will probably have the number one seed locked up by then and will be playing the backups, coupled with the fact that we've never lost at home to the Texans!

But as ya said the titans and chiefs games should be won!

Yeah agree that they should have the no.1 seed closed out by then, so if they do play the second string could mean we go 11-5.

Either way if we finish 10-6 or 11-5 it would be brilliant as was not expecting too much this season tbh not even a play-off place

Yeah agree that they should have the no.1 seed closed out by then, so if they do play the second string could mean we go 11-5.

Either way if we finish 10-6 or 11-5 it would be brilliant as was not expecting too much this season tbh not even a play-off place
    I thought we'd get 6 wins, and that was being optimistic! 7 wins out of 8 one score games this year!

the Bengals and Steelers winning last night was unfortunate, we might need to pick up one of those games against the Texans in addition to the making sure we win against the Texans and Chiefs. They're both just 1 game behind us and I can see each of them picking up 3 out of their last 4 (they do play each other one though which will help us a little).

Beat the Titans and Chiefs and we are in! Bengals still have Dallas, Pit and Baltimore left so I can see them going 2-2 at best!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,206 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

Just watched the condensed version of the game there, fckuing only game the woolshed weren't bloody showing last nite and I knew it would be a belter!

Hats off to Luck, the kids a serious talent! Broncos v Colts would be some playoff game! We righted ourselves last nite a little against the Buccs, offence got going for the first time in a few weeks.

You's have some Luck I tell ya's(no pun intended) first Manning and now Luck, another 10 or more years of great QB play ahead of you's!

Beat the Titans and Chiefs and we are in! Bengals still have Dallas, Pit and Baltimore left so I can see them going 2-2 at best!

You're right.

The Colts are 5-3 in games against AFC teams. Cincinnati is 5-5, while Pittsburgh is 4-5. If we win against the Titans and Chiefs we can lose no more than 5 against AFC opposition while the Bengals and Steelers are playing each other so one of them will finished with at least 6 losses even if they both manage to win all their other games.

www.youtube.com/embed/o54u1XNXP6k

Highlights of the last play!

Anyone here think there's a chance we'll be without Arians next season? He's gotta be an option for one of the likely HC openings next season. Unless, God forbid, Chuck doesn't return.

I don't think he'd jump ship, feel like he'll be staying around, even if Chuck does recover fully, I'd say he'll be advised by doctors not to be taking on a huge workload and try to pass on some of it to OC's!

davyjose wrote: »
    Anyone here think there's a chance we'll be without Arians next season? He's gotta be an option for one of the likely HC openings next season. Unless, God forbid, Chuck doesn't return.

I'm really not sure on this one! For a start it really depends on what options are out there (likely to be Philly, San Diego, Bills, Cardinals?, Browns maybe, Cowboys possibly and maybe the Jags too) and also what competition he has - Chip Kelly is likely to be headed to the NFL (you probably know more than I do on this), Andy Reid has been mooted for both the chargers and the Cowboys already and I'm sure there are a few other college coaches too like maybe a David Shaw although I can't see him leaving Stanford just yet!

It's hard to gauge how much love is out there for him in the NFL! Obviously he keeps winning games and he goes up the wish list of owners/GMs but I'm pretty certain the Steelers fanbase were universally happy to see him go, but that just may be them!

I think he gets a few interview offers, and I presume he would go for them! As for an actual job offer I'm not so sure! And even at that would he take it! It's really down to him, I mean I presume he wants to be a head coach! His stock is probably not going to be an higher than it is now (providing we don't collapse and miss the play offs) so it may be a case of striking whilst the iron is hot!

Presumably (and this is presuming He does come back) when Chuck gets back it will be very difficult for him to cover all the duties of a head coach with regards watching game tape, draft prospects etc! So I could see a kind of expanded OC/ Assistant head coach for Arians where he continues to cover a lot of the duties he took over when Chuck was taken ill!!

Incidentally a guy who deserves a huge mount of credit is Ryan Grigson! How he has put this roster together is phenomenal! Not just the rookies but also the free agents (on the cheap) he brought in! Only blott so far has been the Davis trade although the jury is still out on that! I still probably would have went with Jenkins at the start of the second round, but to be fair I can see the reasoning behind the Fleener pick and also even though everyone knew Jenkins had talent I think he's definitely exceeded expectations!

Seems like we have alot of injuries, Bethea, Brown, Freeney, Mathis, Reitz and Zbikowski all did not practice today

Freeney and Mathis don't participate most weeks, just the days usual vary! Wouldn't be worried about it too much on a Thursday this late in the season!

Seems like we have alot of injuries, Bethea, Brown, Freeney, Mathis, Reitz and Zbikowski all did not practice today
    As Kmart said Freeney and Mathis were just being rested! Brown and Zibokowski are out! Reitz has a concussion so he could be iffy! Seth Olsen has been activated from the IR too! Haven't heard anything on Bethea so hopefully he's just getting a rest!

• Advertisement

IIRC Bethea is just the same as the other 2 this time of year every year!

Advertisement