Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brian McFadden

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

• Registered Users Posts: 84,742 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

http://www.rte.ie/ten/2010/1125/westlife.html

He wants back in Westlife but the others dont want him back - He must have run out of money :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Shane10

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    http://www.rte.ie/ten/2010/1125/westlife.html

He wants back in Westlife but the others dont want him back - He must have run out of money :rolleyes:

ya the money split 4 ways is better than splitting it 5 ways again. in fairness to the boys he left them, they would have every right to say tough luck you cant just come back now yo feel like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

He does realise that he's not Robbie Williams, doesn't he?

greenie wrote: »
    I just think it's so sad that while Kerry was drinking, smoking, sniffing, popping, crying, divorcing, reuniting, getting fired, breaking down, rehabing, shouting and lying about all of the above, Brian did not feel the need at any stage to remove his daughters for their own safety. His parents seem to be the only ones who give a damn and thats who the girls should be with.

Agree completely, it's ridiculous that British social services havnt taken the kids off her.. And you would have to think that Brian would be a shoe-in if he REALLY tried to get custody.. I mean she is the worst mother of the year every year...

As for him rejoining Westlife,he left cos he wanted to be a "proper" musician .. not realising the fact that he was only in the the band cos he was good looking, not cos he was a good singer or a good songwriter... The puppet started to think he was a real boy.... Now that he realises he IS in fact a puppet (well muppet is probably more accurate), he wants to join the gravy train again..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭gabsdot40

According to my BIL's Australian girl friend Brian is very popular in Australia. they love him there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭Pretty_Pistol

gabsdot40 wrote: »
    According to my BIL's Australian girl friend Brian is very popular in Australia. they love him there

Australia can have him! :p

Seriously though, he'd move back to Europe so he could rejoin the band but wouldn't stay in Europe to be with his kids? Good job in being a Dad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 verchiel01

you are all very judgemental. while i agree kerry was a bad mom and brian didnt do a lot for his children but hey everybody deserves a second chance so lighten up and maybe these guys have seen the light:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭Beano

gabsdot40 wrote: »

But the money he can make over there is a fraction of what he could make here. he has admitted it himself that the money he makes over there is peanuts.

http://www.nowmagazine.co.uk/celebrity-news/516575/brian-mcfadden-i-wasn-t-smashed-and-abusive-on-flight/1/

Australia's Got Talent judge Brian McFadden denies he was drunk, abusive and smoking on a fight from LA to Sydney.
    Brian was met off the Virgin plane by police after cabin crew and passengers claimed he lit a cigarette before 'running amok' in economy class and having to be held back by friend and fellow judge Kyle Sandilands.
    'Look, I'm an Irishman,' Brian, 30, said after the incident.
    'I drink a lot of drink all the time for a long time.
    'It would take a lot more than a couple of vodkas to get me drunk on a plane.
    'I'm not a bad boy. If I'd got really drunk, I'd say it.'
    Brian, who lives in Australia with singer Delta Goodrem, later took to Twitter to defend himself.

'Wasn't arrested! didn't smoke on the flight. and the
    virgin staff were very nice. i did have a few drinks but i was not smashed
    and abusive,' he
    Tweeted.
    'If reports were true then i would have been arrested, fined and
    wosrt! banned from my favorite airline v australia. storm in a tea cup,'

Police told the Daily Record: 'No formal complaint was raised by the airline carrier, Virgin.
    'As a result, no further action will be taken.'

• Advertisement

Hi JP, he was on with Tubridy this morning defending his actions. He says that nothing at all happened..

Listen here:
    http://2fm.rte.ie/tubridy/

Once again, those poor kids.. I mean it's a bad sign when even Westlife wont take you back..

I love the headline in one of the papers though "I didn't become Flyin Mc Madman" .. brilliant :-)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Ecomony class?........LOL!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,644 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

I remember him being interviewed by Gerry Ryan and he was saying he was taking a break from the drink and partying.

G Ryan went on to say "Ah Brian sure there's no need to be doing that - it's not like you have a drink problem"

I would question Ryan's credentials of how he judged people are alcoholics or not though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,644 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

amdublin wrote: »
    "What's the next thing I'm going to be labelled as from things I say?

A dickhead?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 M.Pellet

Well..its terrible no matter what its about!!:D

M.Pellet wrote: »
    Well..its terrible no matter what its about!!:D

Christ that's a lot worse than I expected.. is he writing songs for Steps now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Dymo

I suppose no surprise, 7 years is a long time in their world. Getting pissed on the plane and his other antics probably endear him to her.

Will he return to Ireland now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,971 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Is he being re-patriated now?:eek:

Does this mean he has to go home now? *crosses fingers* I sincerely hope this is not some sort of cruel April Fools' joke. Adios!
    - AJ, Sydney, Australia, 1/4/2011 10:02

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1372208/Delta-Goodrem-Brian-McFadden-announce-split.html#ixzz1IGVvDqAA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

To be honest, I don't think he will.

He a career in Australia, but not in Ireland, so if he returned here, I don't know what he'd do for work.

Any chance this is an April Fool .. I'm sure McFadden would think it was funny to get one over on the media.. seems like the sort of juvenile thing he might do... Australia, ye can fkn keep him

• Registered Users Posts: 23,971 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

To be honest, I don't think he will.

He a career in Australia, but not in Ireland, so if he returned here, I don't know what he'd do for work.

Here you go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭Daisy!

Ah that's kind of sad though. I'm no fan of his but he always seemed to adore her. I'm sure the Australians will be happy, I don't think they ever thought the rough Irish guy that liked to swear and drink a lot was ever good enough for their nation's sweetheart.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,534 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Not surprised at all. Do people actually believe that these two were ever a real and genuine couple? Like 90 percent of showbiz relationships, they are business arrangements. Always have been. On their own, absolute nobodies, together they got some limelight and publicity. It's business, or should I say, show-business. AND, they are sure to get plenty of mileage and publicity from the "split." So so staged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭Daisy!

walshb wrote: »
    Not surprised at all. Do people actually believe that these two were ever a real and genuine couple? Like 90 percent of showbiz relationships, they are business arrangements. Always have been. On their own, absolute nobodies, together they got some limelight and publicity. It's business, or should I say, show-business. AND, they are sure to get plenty of mileage and publicity from the "split." So so staged.

Sure a lot of them are but not all. I doubt these two were. She especially had nothing to gain from being with him, he was nothing but a bad smell around her in most peoples' eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭donmaga1

Hope not.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,534 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Daisy! wrote: »
    Sure a lot of them are but not all. I doubt these two were. She especially had nothing to gain from being with him, he was nothing but a bad smell around her in most peoples' eyes.

I see your point, but at the time, he was in the news, ex westlife, Kerry Katona, and all that. All news and all publicity. She then realised, a little late, that he was nothing but a slob. Truth be known, they more than likely haven't been together (in the intimate sense) for quite a while, but their teams kept it going, kept us guessing etc. Any couple who play out their love life via twitter is suspect in my mind.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

walshb wrote: »

No. Delta is a superstar in Australia and New Zealand, and her records aren't actually that bad for that type of thing. He was punching way above his weight. Arsehole of the highest order this eejit is, and Kerry Katona is more his level I think.

Advertisement