Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Useful Links

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

www.agir-brokk.com - The kit up here is mainly DIR from what i see. Thats not to say its not good. Some of it looks very like the halcyon (and halcyon make solid gear)!
    They are based in Sweden. Shipping takes about a week, once you get past the language barrier and the order is put through (no online ordering facility :()
    (posted up by Nordicdiver on a different thread)

http://www.deepstop.de/ - Seem to be German. Comprehensive selection of equipment but i haven't scanned the prices. You can almost take it to the bank that they are cheaper than Irish dive operators.
    (posted up by Dublinbay on the same different thread)

http://www.aquaholics.org - Free next day delivery to UK AND Ireland. Not to shabby. Had a look at a couple of items and the prices seem fair. They stock OMS and Custom Divers (both solid kit manufacturers) but they don't stock Poseidon (bah).

Carry on.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭NordicDiver

www.dirdirect.com Halcyon Products, quick delivery and they have most in stock!

www.irishwrecksonline.net A divers guide to the shipwrecks around Ireland.

CFT With a new website design and a forum

www.scubaireland.com

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

I might rave on about my wrecks but so does this guy... More details on wrecks like Audacious/Empire Heritage/Justicia/Laurentic

http://www.global-exploration.com/northern_ireland.html

Its long, but worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭gom

www.irishdivers.com

PADI courses and holidays in Malta

• Advertisement

For us that like wreck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Scubachick

I was in Tenerife in September 04 and dived with these guys:

www.oceandreamsfactory.com

They are a nice crew and will pick you up and drop you off at your hotel. They can also arrange accommodation/ diving packages. Flights from Cork and Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

Just booked for 19th March with these guys:

http://www.blackbeard-cruises.com/

And I can't wait.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Moanin

www.scubastore.com.

I purchased most of my dive gear from these guys.Very efficient and alot cheaper than Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 31 RogerViking

some great diving to be done here if you like diving on your own on wrecks that are picked clean go to the many dive centers you wont get much wreck diving on the west coast but from malin through to baltimore youl get pleanty on the east of ireland ...these are mostly dived with clubs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 RogerViking

i wouldent use Poseidon dont get me wrong there great regs but ever tried to get a 2mtr hose for one or get them serviced 'properly' here.

il stick to apex :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 31 tof2006

FYI: Friday 6th March 2009, Aughinish Diving Club is hosting a benefit night for the RNLI, in St Mary Immaculate College ( 8pm ): talk about the Marine Species in Ireland by P.Dower.

Admission free. Donation accepted for the RNLI
    Poster

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Irish Underwater Council

Morning! Continuing the useful link theme - have a look at the new CFT website www.diving.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭nathan184

I'd like to share some info about websites to buy gear online. I'm new to diving in general but these are the sites that stood out to me over the last few weeks when researching where to buy my gear.

scubastore.com (or "Dive Inn")
    • Located in Spain
    • Staff are helpful once you get them on the phone but don't rely on the email system on their website.

palanquee.com
    • Located in France (website is also in French - but I've been told they are good)

subprof.com/tienda
    • Also in Spain
    • I don't think their website displays if items are in stock so if you intend to buy from them I recommend contacting them before placing the order to make sure they have it all

apnea.co.uk
    • Based on the island of Jersey (UK)
    • Focused on freediving/spearfishing
    • Not a bad selection of prescription masks/lenses on the website
    • They don't seem to have overnight delivery options like the larger websites

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭tedshredsonfire

Nathan I should have pointed out here as well www.freediveireland.com/shop for freedive or spearfish gear. I dont stock anything really just ordeer from France as I need it but if you are in the sligo area you can try on or look see feel the same gear as I use it for the school. delivery is usually a week or so but you can find out where I live easy enough and hassle me if you have a problem.

Advertisement