Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Airline/Airport/Travel questions and queries

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭LiamaDelta

Is Quickpark re-opening?

Hard to know. There was a recent judgement against them for rent arrears of €2m and the owner was looking to take back the site, but possibly this was just to try get them to pay up. It seems that their lease may have expired.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/courtandcrime/arid-40213805.html

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

Hi,I think I’m in the right place. I’m travelling through Heathrow and my flight arrives in terminal 2b and I need to get to terminal 2a. I have a hour and ten minutes. Will I have enough time?

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭Stephen Strange

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    Hi,I think I’m in the right place. I’m travelling through Heathrow and my flight arrives in terminal 2b and I need to get to terminal 2a. I have a hour and ten minutes. Will I have enough time?

I'm not sure myself, but try this https://www.heathrow.com/connecting-flights

• Registered Users Posts: 2,416 ✭✭✭embraer170

sunbabe08 wrote: »

Where are you arriving from and when are you travelling?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

If its T2B arrival it not UK domestic
    Follow the purple signs to connections, that brings you to T2A
    Go through security
    Up the stairs
    Go through passport control (make sure you go through the UK/IE lane if heading to Dublin or Cork, its based on destination NOT nationality) pose for the biometric scan
    If you need a boarding card, have a chat after passport control at the airline desks

Pre COVID LHR T2 was a joy to transfer at, never any queues at the security and the lovely folks on the Aer Lingus ticket desk didn't really care which flight you had booked, they would try to find a seat on the next flight out so no stress if you missed the connection. 70 minutes is sufficient under normal conditions. I've managed a T5C to T2A transfer in 40 minutes and thats a really challenging job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭mindhorn

I can see that the Aer Lingus timetable for Dublin to Bologna has flights throughout the year but when I go to actually book flights it's not allowing me to. Are they no longer serving that route?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,718 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

mindhorn wrote: »
    I can see that the Aer Lingus timetable for Dublin to Bologna has flights throughout the year but when I go to actually book flights it's not allowing me to. Are they no longer serving that route?
    Could be that they arent planning to operate the flights for the foreseeable future

mindhorn wrote: »

It was mentioned on here that EI to BLQ is canned for this year. FR are operating though.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Gallee

A question someone in EI might be able to answer.

I need to be able to go in an out of SNN.

EI selling Transatlantic out of SNN form Sept 13th onwards. Trying to go to LA but the flight from SNN leaves so late the earliest you arrive in to LAX is 23.40 with Jet Blue. Can I get an American Airlines flight from JFK which would get me there a few hours earlier on the one ticket? i.e. - do they code share. I tried calling but holding forever. There is no other option but Jetblue on the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,000 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

If you're not a US citizen/resident or meet one of the very few other requirements you can't travel to the US from Ireland at the moment. They've been saying this would change for months but it hasn't so I wouldn't be booking US flights just yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭steve-o

Gallee wrote: »
    A question someone in EI might be able to answer.

I need to be able to go in an out of SNN.

EI selling Transatlantic out of SNN form Sept 13th onwards. Trying to go to LA but the flight from SNN leaves so late the earliest you arrive in to LAX is 23.40 with Jet Blue. Can I get an American Airlines flight from JFK which would get me there a few hours earlier on the one ticket? i.e. - do they code share. I tried calling but holding forever. There is no other option but Jetblue on the website.
    The Aer Lingus website is not the best place to look because it's very limited in the connections that it can offer. You will find a better choice on a site like Expedia

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Gallee

Caranica wrote: »
    If you're not a US citizen/resident or meet one of the very few other requirements you can't travel to the US from Ireland at the moment. They've been saying this would change for months but it hasn't so I wouldn't be booking US flights just yet

I will have an NIE

• Registered Users Posts: 10,000 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Gallee wrote: »
    I will have an NIE

Spanish? The issue is travelling from Ireland, not the nationality of the person traveling (unless they're American obviously!)

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭reforger

National Interest Exception

"As a result of this determination, together with national interest determinations already in place, travelers subject to these proclamations due to their presence in China, Iran, India, Brazil, South Africa, the Schengen area, the United Kingdom, and Ireland, who are seeking to provide vital support or executive direction for critical infrastructure; those traveling to provide vital support or executive direction for significant economic activity in the United States; journalists; students and certain academics covered by exchange visitor programs; immigrants; and fiancés may now qualify for a National Interest Exception (NIE). "

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/News/visas-news/national-interest-exceptions-for-certain-travelers-from-china-Iran-india-brazil-south-africa-schengen-area-united-kingdom-and-ireland.html

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Anyone know if it's possible to book BA flights through AerLingus.com? I've found good BA flights on google flights and ITA which say they're also sold by aer lingus but I can't get them to come up in any search. I've done it with Delta/Air France before through an agent but this time I need to use the website as I'm trying to use up voucher credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

From what i have read here this new travel passport will require QR scanning.
    Since there is none at arrivals in Dublin Airport at the moment and its all being done manually which is tedious and slow.
    I wonder whats the story on this.....

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,718 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

From what i have read here this new travel passport will require QR scanning.
    Since there is none at arrivals in Dublin Airport at the moment and its all being done manually which is tedious and slow.
    I wonder whats the story on this.....

The airlines and airports already use QR codes on mobile boarding passes.
    It will be the airlines checking DCC before you travel.
    The DCC can be digital or in hardcopy form.

You already have to show your passport "manually" Showing the DCC adds 30 secs to this process.
    We arent implementing the DCC until July 19th. So plenty of time to install scanners if needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭JuanJose

Hoping to travel home for the first time in 18 months in the coming weeks. I've found myself querying the point of jumping on a cheap Ryanair flight, given the new world we find ourselves in.

Basically, would you trust them to maintain Covid regulations on a 3-4 hour flight or will it quickly return to the pressure to maintain punctuality & maximise in-flight sales? I know, HEPA filters are standard fit but it's down to the operator to minimise risk in other ways IMO, not to mention the airport operators.

Given a choice on a route, would you choose another airline? Has Covid made you think twice on which airline to book with?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

That's an interesting point and i did not think of it, it may be that the DCC will be scanned as a requirement to board so no need to check on arrival though i doubt the responsibility for this left to Airline.

The last time i traveled 3 weeks ago it was checked on departure which was fine. On arrival the passport control Dublin the person had to check pasport, locator form and Covid test result and the system not fit for purpose.

Hopefully things have been upgraded...

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Prominent_Dawg

Is it normal for Ryanair to change flight times, have a connecting flight and both flight times got changed

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

Is there any special requirements needed to fly internally within Ireland (Vaccine cert/PCR test/etc.)? All the websites talk about is arriving from abroad, so I assume internal travel is fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Shamrockj

Just the usual photo ID. I did KIR-DUB-KIR just before Stobart collapsed no locator form, no test nothing. Very hard to actually find info for domestic flights!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

Yup looking to do the same now that Ryanair are picking up the flights. Half the price of the train!

Anyone know if they are checking for the Digital Covid Cert on arrival in Dublin? is it all flights or spot checks?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,046 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

I appreciate any advice about a family getting from Connacht to Stuttgart or Munich or Nurnberg in Easter 2022.

Knock airport is VERY handy for departures, but SNN would also suit, DUB also.

I presume the easiest is one flight DUB-Stuttgart with Aer Lingus or Ryanair?

One of the destinations is Legoland, which is approx 1hr from Stuttgart airport.

Is there any way to do it in two flights from Knock, with little hassle, I wonder? (I doubt it)

Is skyscanner still the best way to check connections?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭xtradel

Frankfurt would be another option and get a train from the airport to Stuttgart to pretty much anywhere in Germany. Ryanair, Aer Lingus and Lufthansa all fly there from Dublin. Lufthansa may restart flights from Shannon in the Future to Frankfurt as they have done in the past.

Lufthansa also do fly & rail offers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,804 ✭✭✭billie1b

Covid regulations are controlled by pax themselves on the aircraft, you keep your own social distance etc but as in seats, no there is no social distancing of seats being blocked etc on any airline in Ireland.

The crew do go around checking to make sure people keep their masks on etc and when boarding if people refuse to wear a mask (unless medically exempt with proof) they are offloaded, there is also a limited contact free service on board, seatbelt signs are left on for the full flight and toilets are closed, you've to push the call bell to bring to the attention of one of the crew that you will need the use of the bathroom or if any other problems etc.

This is pretty much the experience on every flight in and out of Dublin.

Recent flight I was on, the captain did the welcome message and journey info and requested everyone wear masks etc. and finished by saying if anyone had a problem with this to make themselves known to cabin crew and they will happily show you to an exit!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭donkey balls

Looking to travel to the US the two of us are fully vaccinated only problem is I received the AZ, one Had a look on the CDC site and no mention of AZ vaccine just Moderna Pfizer etc.

Anyone know if the US will accept the Az ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,636 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

Unless it’s changed, my understanding is that the US do not recognise the AZ vaccine.

Advertisement