Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€1000 Acoustic Guitar

• 02-04-2021 11:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭

Hi Lads,

I'm looking to upgrade my F310 and just wondering what are the highest rated guitars around €1000? I'm thinking of a Martin or Taylor but open to other brands. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭the goon

Hi Lads,

I'm looking to upgrade my F310 and just wondering what are the highest rated guitars around €1000? I'm thinking of a Martin or Taylor but open to other brands. Thanks.

I'm looking myself and some of the Faith guitars around that price point like the Legacy seem really lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭martinedwards

Faith do have a good reputation.

I prefer the sound of Martin over Taylor.

Seagull, Simon & Patrick, & Godin.... also all good

once you get over €300 or so you really need to play them. some will blow you away, some will leave you cold.

For instance, Lowdens are magnificent top end instruments, and I have massive respect for George Lowden, but I cannot get on with the neck profile. Its just not right for my hand.

McIlroy on the other hand...... marginally cheaper.... (still way over budget though) fit my hand as if I made it myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭the goon

Hi just an fyi but some of the UK shops have the Faith Legacy on sale at moment so working out about €1100.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭CptMonkey

I’d play them before buying especially if you are paying that much.

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭Ronney

Looking for a new acoustic myself around the €1000 mark.

Most likely looking at a Martin or Taylor but wondering has anyone seen or tried out the Ed Sheeran by Lowden range?

Would assume anything with Lowden putting their name to would be pretty good?
    It would be the "S" small size id be thinking about ahead of the WL wee Lowden.

Obviously will try before I buy in the next few months

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭martinedwards

haven't played a Sheeran yet, but the word from the Lowden forums is........ mixed.

basically dont expect a €5000 sound from a €1000 guitar.

which is fair enough!

Advertisement