Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE short story comp

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,724 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

This again, is it that time already. Oof. Haha, got nothing in the fire I could use, or bring to a point of submission though. Haven't written in a while either; stupid newborn :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭km85264

Perhaps you could send your newborn. There’s a story there, I’m sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭nigeldaniel

Time has clearly started to speed up. It feels like only last month I sent in my last submission. Anyways, I have a half idea for a story, and if I can put it down on paper to start with; I might well send it in.

Dan.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

pixelburp wrote: »
    This again, is it that time already. Oof. Haha, got nothing in the fire I could use, or bring to a point of submission though. Haven't written in a while either; stupid newborn :pac:
    Congrats on the new born Pixel!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

UPDATE I have a title and its finished now. I just have to send it in.

Its not really what they are looking for ..but i was interested to write it.

:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭km85264

What they are really going for is something that will translate well to radio, so make sure you read it aloud several times before you click send, smooth off any rough edges.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

I didn't have time to write anything new so I'm cutting the words of an old story I wrote and sending that one in instead.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I actually entered this for the first time in years. I ended up shearing 300 words off something to fit it.
    Looks like there were 2,300 people in ahead of me. :pac:

I didn't have time to write anything new so I'm cutting the words of an old story I wrote and sending that one in instead.

I got a story in with twenty minutes to go while being very drunk. Doubt it will place in the top ten at all but still worth a shot and always important to keep up the yearly tradition.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,433 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I had half a story and was getting stuck in yesterday. Thought the deadline was next Friday. :o

Going to keep going and use it for Wild Atlantic Words.

https://www.wildatlanticwords.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Das Kitty wrote: »

Okay, I'm going to submit two stories of mine to this before the deadline. Thanks for the link!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭nigeldaniel

The shortlist has been announced... does anyone have any input to add. https://www.rte.ie/radio/radio1/francis-macmanus-short-story/ I missed the deadline this year as my head was MIA [missing in action :)]

Dan.

Advertisement