Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Music Manager / Booker

• 19-08-2020 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

Hi. I'm a Dublin-based folk act similar to Joni Mitchell or Laura Marling with a following of about 1000 people. I can forward you my website address upon request. I'm need someone to work in the following areas in the music business: Management / Bookings (headlines, supports, cover gigs, weddings) / synch placements. The position is very much open to what you want.. This is a Part-time flexible position with a nominal fee and opportunity for commission on bookings. I'm looking for someone that loves the music I make and that is committed, hardworking and good at networking. I'm a small music act, working part-time as a chilminder to help fund my music endeavours. However I do believe I can really take my music to another level with another person co-managing the business side of things for me.

Right now I'm hoping this will be a long term collaboration on my music career, where we grow together. If after a year our working together goes well we can discuss the details of the employment.

I can send on my work/website to those interested. Please mail me at jansss@msn.com with a CV.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭godfrey

Maybe you already know this, but for the benefit of those who don't, an artist will need to attract a manager, agent etc. It's like a courting ritual, putting your best attributes forward to stand out from the crowd. As a manager or agent doesn't make a bean unless there are results, they'll want to be convinced that you're worth investing time in.

This message is meant in a positive manner only. Best of luck.

g

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭GoldenSlumbers

godfrey wrote: »
    Maybe you already know this, but for the benefit of those who don't, an artist will need to attract a manager, agent etc. It's like a courting ritual, putting your best attributes forward to stand out from the crowd. As a manager or agent doesn't make a bean unless there are results, they'll want to be convinced that you're worth investing time in.

This message is meant in a positive manner only. Best of luck.

g

I believe they will be convinced. But thanks for the feedback.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 StupidLife

Are there still gigs going on at the moment In Dublin then?
    Hope you find who you're looking for. Sorry this message isn't much help.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,660 ✭✭✭✭maccored

what godrey said.

plus the best time to get a manager is when you cant handle the bookings/interviews/publicity you already have. If you are at that stage then managers will hear of you. if you arent at that stage then you probably dont need a manager yet. after all, 10% of nothing is zero. A following only matters is they go to your gigs and buy your music

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Joffrey

Would you get a manager for 10% 15 be the minimum I thought. Who are you musically, like what's your band or artist name. 1000 followers is a bit vague, like if you can do 150 in the Grand Social a manager would be interested.

• Advertisement
Advertisement