Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Can't make appointment with GP (Lucan)

Options
  • 18-06-2021 8:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hi all,

I've been trying to book an appointment with a GP for the past day. I have rang a few places and have been told that I need to be registered with the GP in order for them to see me but they're not taking new patients at the moment. I've spoken with a vhi doctor and they said that I need to book an appointment with a gp near me to get samples taken. Is there any way to get a gp to see me or somewhere I can go that will see people without them being registered for the specific gp? I'm living in the Lucan/Leixlip area.

Thanks.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,865 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Would Video Doc be any use to you? Register and request blood tests etc. via them. Just a suggestion.

The labs need a registered doctor to request the tests, and interpret the results AFAIK. It is very difficult to get on a GP list at the moment, so I understand your predicament.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭RoamingDoc

If the VHI doctor is the one suggesting the tests, is there a reason why they can't take the samples?

It's not a substitute for having a GP of your own but probably a good idea to see if they can help follow up on their own request.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,670 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

RoamingDoc wrote: »
    If the VHI doctor is the one suggesting the tests, is there a reason why they can't take the samples?

It's not a substitute for having a GP of your own but probably a good idea to see if they can help follow up on their own request.

Presumably the VHI doc is a video one.

If you are medical card eligible, I believe the HSE will help.

If not, you just have to keep calling places further and further away. Say that you want to register there, even if you never plan to go there again.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭markmoto

Hi all,

I've been trying to book an appointment with a GP for the past day. I have rang a few places and have been told that I need to be registered with the GP in order for them to see me but they're not taking new patients at the moment. I've spoken with a vhi doctor and they said that I need to book an appointment with a gp near me to get samples taken. Is there any way to get a gp to see me or somewhere I can go that will see people without them being registered for the specific gp? I'm living in the Lucan/Leixlip area.

Thanks.

Use GP walk in clinic, have to book appointment(covid) most days available same day.
    No registration requires.

Advertisement