Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Know when you're wrong. Open Apology to Luckysasha

Options
  • 15-02-2019 9:28pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Right folks.

Part of being a Mod is knowing that you are not infallible. To that end i owe a huge apology to Luckysasha.

I mistook this user for another with a similar name that i had a run in with recently in a Modding capacity. I did not check that it was the same user, instead going on memory. Incorrectly so.

I have PM'ed the user and apologised, but it's important to me that people know that when we mess up, and we do, that we don't try to hide it away, but instead stand up, take responsibility for it, and apologise.

Whether the user takes this apology or not is up to them, but i hope they see it for the mistake it was.

Cass.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Luckysasha

Cass. Many thanks for your public apology which I gladly accept. ������

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

that's a absolute first on boards .

Kudos to the two of you

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭solarwinds

This forum is the only place where we can get information on whats happening around the country. I have learned so much from here since I joined, in that not everything the AGS say is entirely true. And that is down to like minded people here who only want to further the sport.
    People here are very giving of their experience and knowledge and I feel it is important that while we may not always agree that a healthy reasoned debate can be had.
    So fair play to the two of you for being big enough to admit a mistake and being willing to accept it and move on.
    The battle is not in here its out there and only together can we chip away at it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Luckysasha wrote: »
    Cass. Many thanks for your public apology which I gladly accept. ������
    Glad to hear it.

Thanks for your understanding.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Willow2009

Well said lads, ðŸ‘

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

tenor.gif?itemid=13249709

Advertisement