Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Scope Vote!

• 15-02-2019 12:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭

Hi All!
    So, I’ve hit a conundrum...
    To purchase a Delta Stryker Target Ultra ED 5-50x56 HD SFP scope... or an ATN X-Sight 4K Pro 5-20x Ultra HD scope???!!!
    I shoot paper targets and vermin, 50:50. (Vermin = mostly foxes; the odd rabbit).
    Does anyone have any first-hand experience of either of these two scopes?
    Rifles = .22LR & .223.
    All thoughts and advice appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Ziggieire

I have sold 8 Stryker 5-50 over the last year , and every one of them have the same problem.
    After 30xzoom the Parallax starts to fail. and at 40-50 its impossible to focus the crosshair image and have no parallax bob at the same time, regardless or eyesight or dioptre setting.

This problem is far less obvious on the 4.5-30 version.

Also the ATN X-Sight 4K Pro 5-20 has a bucket of problem mostly Firmware and software based, i was going to buy one last November but reading all the horror stories from different forms put me off, at least untill they fix the issues.

If you want a NV vermin scope get a Yukon RT and rechargeable battery packs.
    A lot of people will say the prad 007 but i am not a fan of it. But it is an option
    Picitanny Rails on both rifles and dedicated optics for night and day.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Ghost Recon

Hi Ziggieire - thanks for the reply!
    Yes, I'm aware of the software/firmware issues re. ATN. Will likely just wait it out until the scope becomes more firmly established and the problems have been resolved.
    Very interesting re. the Delta scope - I hadn't heard or read of that parallax issue ever before, which has totally put me off it now :(

Hi Ziggieire - thanks for the reply!
    Yes, I'm aware of the software/firmware issues re. ATN. Will likely just wait it out until the scope becomes more firmly established and the problems have been resolved.
    Very interesting re. the Delta scope - I hadn't heard or read of that parallax issue ever before, which has totally put me off it now :(

Yep its a real issue, Another member on here bough it to my attention and it is there on every one.
    anything over 30x zoom is crazy magnification 30x is more than most rifles ever need.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭minktrapper

If you want a NV vermin scope get a Yukon RT and rechargeable battery packs.
    A lot of people will say the prad 007 but i am not a fan of it. But it is an option
    Picitanny Rails on both rifles and dedicated optics for night and day.[/quote]

What about Pard NV. They used to have an add on device. Now they do a full NV scope.

They do the 008 but i have not used it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭zeissman

Ziggieire wrote: »
    Yep its a real issue, Another member on here bough it to my attention and it is there on every one.
    anything over 30x zoom is crazy magnification 30x is more than most rifles ever need.

I was also thinking about one but you have put me off as well.
    Have you any experience with the vortex golden eagle or sightron sv scopes ?

I have never used the sightron but i did have a golden eagle on my FTR rifle.
    It is more than good enough to see 308 holes at 600 on paper.
    it is terrible as a hunting optic the small filed of view and high zoom makes it great at hitting small things far away.
    Pics are about 400 yards away

zye4wm4l.jpg
    10kIlfFl.jpg
    PxlfGKll.jpg

Advertisement