Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Outrageous claim finally settled

• 13-02-2019 8:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi all just looking some advice on my car insurance,in november 2017 there was a claim put in against me by a 3rd party,the claim was closed and reopened again in 2018 and my insurance increased by €700 and i lost 3 years of my no claims (i had no protection), so finally just this week they have closed the claim again.
    My insurance is up for renewal now next week and although i have been told i will have my no claims back i am wondering what happens the €700 extra i paid for last years
    Thanks 😊

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,617 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

What was paid out? If your policy is up for renewal last year's premium is gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 mslhammo

What was paid out? If your policy is up for renewal last year's premium is gone.

There was no money at all paid out

• Registered Users Posts: 6 McTJES

They should reinstate your No Claims Bonus from the last renewal and give you a refund for the extra money paid last year if no payments were made and the claim is closed off.

A few people have said the same to me but i have a feeling they will try to get out of refunding it

• Registered Users Posts: 6 McTJES

They can't and won't if it is as you describe above

• Advertisement

Can you explain why?

They cant and wont get out of refunding it
    Or they cant and wont refund it?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,757 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

mslhammo wrote: »
    Can you explain why?

...because the extra €700 was based on a risk that included a pending claim against your policy.

That risk now proving groundless, the case closed, and no monies paid out, you should get it back.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

galwaytt wrote: »
    ...because the extra €700 was based on a risk that included a pending claim against your policy.

That risk now proving groundless, the case closed, and no monies paid out, you should get it back.

Thank you,i am expexting a call back this evening so i will see what they say then

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,617 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

mslhammo wrote:
    There was no money at all paid out

They were incorrect to load your premium in that case.

• Advertisement

They were incorrect to load your premium in that case.

The whole thing is an absolute joke,2 assesors were out with me and both said it was clear i wasnt at fault,i couldnt believe it went on for this long and they still have intil 30/11/2019 to reopen the claim again

Advertisement