Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GAA Jerseys 2019

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭statto25

reap-a-rat wrote: »
    I like the round necks!

That said, O'Neills do some beautiful jerseys for rugby league clubs and the likes of the World Games etc. I'd say it's just whoever in the county is responsible for design tries to play it super safe all the time which is annoying. There's usually a bit more frill with the alternative jerseys but I'd say the majority of counties never actually get to wear them!

Most counties are given damn all say in the design. They are given 3 to 4 designs all very similar and are asked to choose. The bigger counties are given more say in their designs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Always_Running

1544696527439.jpg--.jpg?1544696527000

The Leitrim new jersey was launched in New York last week. Apparently the first American based business to sponsor an Irish inter-county team.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,291 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Weird to see a Leitrim jersey without the Bush Hotel on it. Fair play to them on the new sponsor though. Not sure about the Kerry style jersey. Leitrim has always been green with gold trim as long as I can remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭LooseCannonUF

1544696527439.jpg--.jpg?1544696527000

The Leitrim new jersey was launched in New York last week. Apparently the first American based business to sponsor an Irish inter-county team.
    The same man sponsors the Offaly club in New York, although a Leitrim native.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭statto25

Roscommon are sponsored by an American Firm too I think but they didn't want the sponsor on the jersey so choose Club Rossie.

• Advertisement

statto25 wrote: »
    Roscommon are sponsored by an American Firm too I think but they didn't want the sponsor on the jersey so choose Club Rossie.

That's true a San Francisco based businessman. Leitrim still laying the claim for the first senior county team to have USA business on their jersey.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Yeah the Roscommon sponsor is the owner of a construction firm based in San Francisco, formerly played for the county and apparently decided there was no real commercial gain for him to have the companys name as the logo and decided to promote the supporters club on the jersey instead. So the story goes anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭newg300

shinty-jersey-1.jpg
    Shinty/hurling jersey

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Horrendous looking Leitrim jersey. Like a cheap Junior club shirt from the mid 2000s.

They're usually quite nice.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Back of the Mayo shirt looks similiar to what adidas did with the Man United shirt - colour getting darker with random bands across the back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭KCW12

O'Neills have tended to follow the styles the soccer manufacturers (particularly Nike and Adidas) produce. They used to be a more creative and independent with their design thinking, but if you see a certain cut or style on a soccer shirt you will see it on an O'Neills jersey a year later.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4 LiamyLanigan

There is some markup on O' Neill's sliothars,

They are made in China for 1.50euros each (alibaba.com/product-detail/o-neills-hurling-balls-o-neills_155853349.html?spm=a2700.7724857.normalList.66.2207493fba2Dq7)

They are then sold online here in Ireland for 12.00 euros - oneills.com/all-ireland-hurling-ball.html

€10.50 profit per sliothar; a 700% markup

Some racket !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭denishurley

Weird to see a Leitrim jersey without the Bush Hotel on it. Fair play to them on the new sponsor though. Not sure about the Kerry style jersey. Leitrim has always been green with gold trim as long as I can remember.

They and Donegal used to have a gold hoop. Donegal reverted to gold with green in 1992 after changing for the All-Ireland semi-final against Mayo, they had also had that format in the 1970s.

I think it was late 1980s/early 90s that Leitrim dropped the hoop.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

There is some markup on O' Neill's sliothars,

They are made in China for 1.50euros each (alibaba.com/product-detail/o-neills-hurling-balls-o-neills_155853349.html?spm=a2700.7724857.normalList.66.2207493fba2Dq7)

They are then sold online here in Ireland for 12.00 euros - oneills.com/all-ireland-hurling-ball.html

€10.50 profit per sliothar; a 700% markup

Some racket !!!!

Sports equipment and accessories are huge area for exploitation of cheap labour. When in fact it is not slave labour as was pointed out regarding the manufacture of a well known soccer ball a few years back.

Anyway. Once "Project 2040" is complete the cheap labour will be here and there will probably be no hurling. Go Leo :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Roscommon getting a new jersey 'soon', according to the roscommongaa Instagram account.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭manofwisdom

Roscommon getting a new jersey 'soon', according to the roscommongaa Instagram account.

And there it is.

50957391_10210856271562594_3602330487248388096_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub5-1.fna&oh=3f96ba38003c1e3a2bea6eb3fb263daa&oe=5CF6C7F8

• Registered Users Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭cunavalos

Tipp have reverted to a more traditional type of blue and gold jersey. Thankfully no fades, dots or lines
    Tipperary-GAA-Jersey-Unveil-Photo-3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,300 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

The Roscommon jersey is absolutely fugly! It'll look like players have their shorts pulled up to their belly-buttons :pac:

The Tipp jersey is a bit meh... not too sure about the white collars on the neck and sleeves

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭newg300

Looks like the big printing machine in O'Neills ran out of blue ink as it was going up the jersey.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,307 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

I don’t give a damn about how the jerseys looks. I just want us to play well this year..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Two poor enough efforts.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,375 ✭✭✭KevRossi

Rossie jersey is a copy of Spurs etc this year. Not a fan of it, but will wait to see what it looks like in real life.

I don't give a shyte so long as we play well.

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭benji79

Sponsor ruins the Tipp jersey

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭reap-a-rat

New Sligo jersey too. Picture in this article: https://www.midwestradio.ie/index.php/sport/28806-sligo-gaa-unveil-new-jersey

Gone back to white. I have their last jersey, I got it with GRMA points the first year it ran because I thought it was a cool jersey (I'm not from Sligo!). I really like this one too. It's definitely the nicest from Connacht anyway.

benji79 wrote: »
    Sponsor ruins the Tipp jersey

The white collars does nothing for the jersey either.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,728 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Sligo jersey is nice, wish they kept it black though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Wicklow looked to have a new jersey tonight with the new generic template of the 3 stripes on the shoulders. Horrendous Renault sponsor logo too.

https://twitter.com/wicklowgaa/status/1089264614192410624?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

reap-a-rat wrote: »
    New Sligo jersey too. Picture in this article: https://www.midwestradio.ie/index.php/sport/28806-sligo-gaa-unveil-new-jersey

Gone back to white. I have their last jersey, I got it with GRMA points the first year it ran because I thought it was a cool jersey (I'm not from Sligo!). I really like this one too. It's definitely the nicest from Connacht anyway.

I remember when we went to black, after a 14 man win against Kildare in Croker. Some of the black ones have been very nice over the years, but the return to white is welcome too.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,728 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

I remember when we went to black, after a 14 man win against Kildare in Croker. Some of the black ones have been very nice over the years, but the return to white is welcome too.

Back when Kildare were serious All-Ireland contenders, also when they nearly beat Armagh in 2002, I have a lot of fondness for the first black jersey, some of the Azzuri ones were dodgy though, I'd prefer if they stuck to black, it made them stand out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭newbie11

callaway92 wrote: »
    I don’t give a damn about how the jerseys looks. I just want us to play well this year..
    You're in the wrong thread so

Advertisement