Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Wildcard 2018/19

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,431 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

3-5-2 looks good, awful bench though

Ederson
    Mendy Robertson Monreal
    Salah Ricky Micky Pedro Fraser
    Auba Aguero

Hamer Kamara Bennett AWB

3-5-2 looks good, awful bench though

Ederson
    Mendy Robertson Monreal
    Salah Ricky Micky Pedro Fraser
    Auba Aguero

Hamer Kamara Bennett AWB

Almost identical teams.

Nothing wrong with that bench.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Looking at going without Salah at the moment:

Hart
    Alonso Mendy Bellerin
    Mane Dilva Mkhi Richarlison Pedro
    Aguero Auba
    (Hamer - Schlupp Kamara AWB)

Arsenal and City have amazing fixtures so wanted to triple up on both.

Almost identical teams.

Nothing wrong with that bench.

Yeah it should be fine most weeks, just this weekend I don't expect more than a point from Kamara or Bennett so hopefully nobody in the 11 will miss out.

Yeah it should be fine most weeks, just this weekend I don't expect more than a point from Kamara or Bennett so hopefully nobody in the 11 will miss out.

You have Mkhi but I don’t and that’s one player I really want but just can’t fit him in.

• Advertisement

You have Mkhi but I don’t and that’s one player I really want but just can’t fit him in.

I switched to 3-5-2 to fit him in. If he does well against West Ham, he could be 7.3 by the end of the week. I'd rather have him now at 7 and if he doesn't live up to expectations I can just use 2fts to downgrade him to a 4.5 and upgrade Kamara.

I switched to 3-5-2 to fit him in. If he does well against West Ham, he could be 7.3 by the end of the week. I'd rather have him now at 7 and if he doesn't live up to expectations I can just use 2fts to downgrade him to a 4.5 and upgrade Kamara.

The real annoying part is Lacazette.

I have Aubameyang but if we knew that Lacazette would start every game then I’d go Mkhi and Lacazette over Aubameyang and it would be more affordable.

Edit - I’m also now worried that Mkhi can score close enough to Aubameyang that would make sense to go for Mkhi and spend that huge amount of cash elsewhere.

Now going to put a team together without Aubameyang but with Mkhi and see what it looks like.

So the difference by going Mkhi over Aubameyang means going 3-5-2 over 3-4-3

The main difference is -

AWB, Westwood, Ings and Aubameyang in a 3-4-3

Westwood on bench

Or

Alonso, Mkhi, Mitrovic and Kamara in a 3-5-2

Kamara on bench

It looks very clear doesn’t it. But I don’t want to do it. And can you believe the 3-5-2 leaves me with 0.3m in the bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Klopp I think your love in for Aubam is madness. Between captaincy and changing your whole wildcard around him. Especially when you put up the other team with Alonso and Mitri and you get money ITB.

Just don't see how you can justify the Aubam move

I mean he is one of the best finishers in the world, scored goals at a clip of just under 1 goal a game for the last 3 seasons and being supplied by ozil and Miki who both have very high assist rates. It'd be a no brainer if it wasn't for pre season where he played on the wing IMO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,703 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

AWB, Westwood, Ings and Aubameyang in a 3-4-3

Westwood on bench
    Surely AWB has to be on the bench as he is suspended?

Pete_Cavan wrote: »
    Surely AWB has to be on the bench as he is suspended?

He wouldn’t this week but would be a starter, for me, for the foreseeable. He’s as good as any 4.5m defender so I wouldn’t let the price impact that decision.

I have 2 premium defenders to start every GW. Then 3 x 4.0m defenders one of which I bring in each GW depending on fixture to make up my back 3. AWB would get the most games.

Klopp I think your love in for Aubam is madness. Between captaincy and changing your whole wildcard around him. Especially when you put up the other team with Alonso and Mitri and you get money ITB.

Just don't see how you can justify the Aubam move

I suppose I’m just really trying to stick to my notes and not be in ‘this moment’ meaning what’s happened over last 2 weeks.

My notes clearly state to have Salah, Aubameyang and Aguero and build from there.

I make notes because my memory isn’t fantastic. So when I read through my notes I tend to follow my own direction.

For example, my notes told me to start the season with Holebas and not be afraid to play him. I didn’t. Also if it was Niasse and not Ings I wouldn’t be having this problem because my notes said if Niasse is starting for ANY team I must buy him and play him every week.

For balance I should put up both teams -

A

Fabri,

Robertson, Mendy, AWB

Salah, Mane, Richarlison, Pedro

Aguero, Aubameyang, Ings

Hamer, Peltier, Bennett, Westwood

B

Fabri

Robertson, Mendy, Alonso

Salah, Mane, Richarlison, Mkhi, Pedro

Aguero, Mitrovic

Hamer, AWB, Bennett, Kamara

I’ve no problem carrying a weak bench because I don’t like weekly decisions. If anything tragic happens (long term injury) I can use 2 FT’s or take a -4 to fix it. I’ve always played like this and had good rankings.

So it looks like -

AWB, Ings and Aubameyang

Versus

Alonso, Mkhi, Mitrovic

FWIW I rate AWB and Palace and expect them to be top 8 or 9. I wouldn’t be afraid to play him every week.

Also, for no good reason I don’t like Alonso even though I’ve owned him for most of the last two seasons. I don’t think clean sheets will be where he scores his points. I also think Hazard will get in his way when back and available.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

I suppose I’m just really trying to stick to my notes and not be in ‘this moment’ meaning what’s happened over last 2 weeks.

My notes clearly state to have Salah, Aubameyang and Aguero and build from there.

I make notes because my memory isn’t fantastic. So when I read through my notes I tend to follow my own direction.

For example, my notes told me to start the season with Holebas and not be afraid to play him. I didn’t. Also if it was Niasse and not Ings I wouldn’t be having this problem because my notes said if Niasse is starting for ANY team I must buy him and play him every week.

For balance I should put up both teams -

A

Fabri,

Robertson, Mendy, AWB

Salah, Mane, Richarlison, Pedro

Aguero, Aubameyang, Ings

Hamer, Peltier, Bennett, Westwood

B

Fabri

Robertson, Mendy, Alonso

Salah, Mane, Richarlison, Mkhi, Pedro

Aguero, Mitrovic

Hamer, AWB, Bennett, Kamara

I’ve no problem carrying a weak bench because I don’t like weekly decisions. If anything tragic happens (long term injury) I can use 2 FT’s or take a -4 to fix it. I’ve always played like this and had good rankings.

So it looks like -

AWB, Ings and Aubameyang

Versus

Alonso, Mkhi, Mitrovic

FWIW I rate AWB and Palace and expect them to be top 8 or 9. I wouldn’t be afraid to play him every week.

Also, for no good reason I don’t like Alonso even though I’ve owned him for most of the last two seasons. I don’t think clean sheets will be where he scores his points. I also think Hazard will get in his way when back and available.

I can relate to the sticking to the notes as I would be the same. However, would your notes state that Aubam would be playing Left Wing as opposed to the striker? He may score ok from left wing, but does it justify the price?

In relation to Holebas, I was the same, discussed with a few people before GW1 and I ended up going Kabalese and was kicking myself with the swing. Then GW2 Holebas did what he did best and got a yellow card.

I'm curious to see AWB when he returns from suspension. Will Hodgeson still have the same faith in him after what happend.

I'm biased towards Mitri. I think he's a bargain this year personally.

I thing Ings will turn out to be the bargain of the season. Or maybe even AWB at 4.0m. Could even be Mkhi at 7.0m.

I’ve assumed Aubameyang will be playing through the middle. Lacazette could become a pain though but not if it’s only for the last 15 minutes here and there.

And the other part is - if I ignore my notes re Aubameyang and he totally clicks now and I miss out I’ll be furious with myself whereas if it doesn’t work out with him in my team I can live with that.

Will Emery drop one of Ramsey, Ozil, Iwobi or Mkhi to accomodate Lacazette AND push his best striker wide ? I just don’t see it. But I could be very wrong.

With all the ings talk I had to have a look at why I hadn't put too much thought into Southampton then I remembered who the manager was (i really dont rate or like hughes but maybe he can get them scoring goals) they started off the first game of the season with 3 at the back got destroyed aand moved to 4 at the back in that game and played with 4 in the second game.

I can't remember if he is a manager who changes formations based on opposition if so it aint a big deal but if they worked on 3 at the back all preseason and he scrapped it after half a game it wouldnt inspire much confidence in me.

Might be just a bias on my part though

And the other part is - if I ignore my notes re Aubameyang and he totally clicks now and I miss out I’ll be furious with myself whereas if it doesn’t work out with him in my team I can live with that.

Will Emery drop one of Ramsey, Ozil, Iwobi or Mkhi to accomodate Lacazette AND push his best striker wide ? I just don’t see it. But I could be very wrong.

Auba is a good cash cow too. If it doesn't work out you can drop him and spread the funds. But if he clicks, you won't be able to fit him in without major surgery. I'd rather have him now on wc and see what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

So folks i am currently on this any thoughts will play 352 although i think trying to decide between Ings or Arnie to bench might drive me mad each week

Foster Etheridge
    Robertson Mendy Alonso Peltier AWB
    Ricky Micky Pedro Salah Bilva
    Aguero Ings Arnie

.3 itb

• Registered Users Posts: 19,072 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Any 4.4s likely to play? Been .1 short for a few things and could afford to downgrade Cedric.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Liam O wrote: »
    Any 4.4s likely to play? Been .1 short for a few things and could afford to downgrade Cedric.

Zabaleta and Kiko are the only 4.4s with minutes under their belts but Zab is not nailed and Kiko is only a bench option for Watford. If you're happy to roll the dice on Ryan Bennett he has started both of Wolves' opening two games and is only 4m.

• Advertisement

Zabaleta and Kiko are the only 4.4s with minutes under their belts but Zab is not nailed and Kiko is only a bench option for Watford. If you're happy to roll the dice on Ryan Bennett he has started both of Wolves' opening two games and is only 4m.

I have him myself but Dendocker could replace him when’s hes available. That’s the word anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

I have him myself but Dendocker could replace him when’s hes available. That’s the word anyway.

There aren't many sub 4.5 options I'd be confident of other than Wan-Bissaka. If Stankovic nailed down a place in Huddersfield's lineup in a 3/5 at the back that'd be good but I think it's unlikely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Colking

spock. wrote: »

Hart
    Alonso Mendy Bellerin
    Aguero Auba

I'd be nervous about having Hart as Heaton played in Europe for them. If it's a 4.5 you're going for then I'd be looking at Hennessy for Palace. They have a very solid look defensively this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Liam O wrote: »

Cedric could be 4.4 by tomorrow morning
    Unlikely though as pace of sales has slowed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

Changed my mind on going Salah-less, he looked very dangerous Monday and I'm going to try play a little less risky this year.

Current and hopefully final version.

Ederson Hamer
    Mendy PVA Robertson AWB 4m
    Salah Mane Pedro Mykhi Ricky
    Aguro Ings Kamera

I really want PEA but can't really fit him in. The plan is to see how himself Hazard and Mane do this weekend and I've left 1.5m to go to Hazard in 1 transfer and PEA in 2. I'm not sold on Alonso so far this year, I know he has good returns so far but I'm just still undecided, I have to see more of Chelsea' s defence. Ings I think is great value, would be happy to hold him all year. Undecided on 2nd 4m defender but I'll rarely use them, I like Cyrstal Palace defence and I'd be happy to double up there if needed for their good run.

Any thoughts/comments? I guess it's a bit template but I'm ahead in my main league so not worried about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Done a draft and I'm tempted:

Begovic Boruc
    Mendy Alonso Shaw Wan-B Bennett
    Mane Salah Richy Guendozi Mendy (Lei)
    Aguero Ings PEA

4-3-3 most weeks with Shaw maybe changing to Cook/Holebas

Feels a bit mad ditching Mané when everyone is getting him in but the extra 3 million from downgrading to Pedro makes a huge difference to the rest of my team imo.

(a) Monreal Pedro Mkhi Fraser
    (b) Mané Kanté Ings Schlupp

Would be confident that a will outscore b.

Feels a bit mad ditching Mané when everyone is getting him in but the extra 3 million from downgrading to Pedro makes a huge difference to the rest of my team imo.

(a) Monreal Pedro Mkhi Fraser
    (b) Mané Kanté Ings Schlupp

Would be confident that a will outscore b.

Looks like time is running out for Schlupp too. Meyer available now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

spock. wrote: »

Hart
    Alonso Mendy Bellerin
    Aguero Auba

I get the upside to Schlupp and Bellerin but Meyer and Lichsteiner will take minutes off them.

Dropping Salah is brave and I'd probably do the same, meaning I'd keep Mane ahead of him on WC. I'd be interested in Extra Gravy's thoughts here.

GKs could be precarious. Heaton won't take Hart's spot going by last night. (I was only half watching it though.) Is there any update on Pope?
    If you were a GW1 BB especially I'd consider the 8.5M combo of two GKs from one team.

• Advertisement

ElTel wrote: »
    Dropping Salah is brave and I'd probably do the same, meaning I'd keep Mane ahead of him on WC. I'd be interested in Extra Gravy's thoughts

I haven't even thought about selling Salah tbh. I'd still be much more comfortable captaining him over Mane. Plus Salah's ownership. I've had a fairly good start and don't want to do anything too risky with the wc.

Advertisement