Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Live TV games

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,820 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

Patww79 wrote: »
    for the word "get", substitute "pays €140 a year for" (or €156 if you do it in instalments).

anyhow, it looks like BBC are to have the number of Ulster Championship games slashed, and it looks like RTE might even block them showing delayed games.
    As a background, BBC can only show games if RTE shows them simultaneously, and RTE are opting for hurling games in the new round robin Munster and Leinster championships rather than Ulster Football.
    Negotiations are reported to be ongoing but it is highly likely the only games available to watch on BBCNI will be one Ulster semi-final and the final, a huge drop from previous years when it was the norm for seven out of eight games to be shown live on BBCNI.
    https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/gaelic-games/bbc-ni-to-lose-most-of-their-ulster-championship-games-1.3471757?mode=amp

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Not hard to see why RTE would prefer to show Munster hurling games than any of the Ulster games apart from three likely encounters involving Tyrone. Monaghan and Donegal.

Leinster games between Cats, Galway and Wexford should be good, and for dramatic value the one between Dublin and Offaly. Hurling overall should make for good entertainment this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

4 championship games in 5 weeks is tough for amateur players

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,138 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

nice_guy80 wrote: »

Wexford have the first round bye and Offaly have the last round bye, so 4 games in 4 weeks for those 2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

nice_guy80 wrote: »

Yes it doesn't give very much time for players to recover from knocks and minor injuries, and makes squad depth all the more important as you'd have to be very lucky to keep all players fit week after week when recovery time is so short.

Cavan v Donegal is on bbc 2 NI from 7 to 8.30 pm according to the radio times.
    http://www.radiotimes.com/tv-programme/e/gjfqp2/the-championship--donegal-v-cavan/

On gaago for folks abroad, for a tenner a game, its listed and so is the Tyrone v Monaghan game the next week, also 7pm deferred so seems to be a pattern that bbc NI will have the ulster games deferred. No confirmation on their website yet

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

kala85 wrote: »
    Is there a schedule for live gaa games for this summer available yet.

Here you go:): https://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/2018/0503/960150-here-are-the-31-gaa-championship-games-live-on-rte-tv/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭kala85

Thanks.

Any word on skys schedule. Maybe we could combine both schedules and put them as a sticky here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭howiya

kala85 wrote: »
    Thanks.

Any word on skys schedule. Maybe we could combine both schedules and put them as a sticky here.

Sky list out on Tuesday according to the Examiner's John Fogarty

• Advertisement

BBC just announced ......
    Fermanagh's game against Armagh on Saturday, 19 May and the Down v Antrim game on 26 May will both be shown live on the BBC iPlayer.

The first semi-final on 3 June and the Ulster final three weeks later will be live on BBC Two Northern Ireland.

There will be full deferred coverage of the four other ties.
    https://www.bbc.com/sport/gaelic-games/44006107?ns_linkname=northern_ireland&ns_campaign=the_bbc_championship&ns_source=facebook&ns_mchannel=social

Essentially UK only coverage then so of those first 2 games.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

So it looks like Sky will have coverage of the final round in the Super 8's?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Brian017

Sky 2018 GAA Championship Fixtures:

Exclusive to Sky

Saturday, 2 June

5pm Wexford v Galway (LSHC)

7pm Cork v Limerick (MSHC)

Saturday, 9 June

7pm Kilkenny v Wexford (LSHC)

7pm Galway v Dublin (LSHC)

Saturday, 23 June

5pm Football Rd 2 Qualifier

Saturday, 30 June

5pm Football Rd 3 Qualifier

7pm Football Rd 3 Qualifier

Saturday, 7 July

5pm Football Rd 4 Qualifier

7pm Football Rd 4 Qualifier

Saturday, 14 July

5pm AISFC Quarter Final, Rd 1

Saturday, 21 July

5pm AISFC Quarter Final, Rd 2

7pm AISFC Quarter Final, Rd 2

Saturday, 4 August

7pm AISFC Quarter Final, Rd 3

7pm AISFC Quarter Final, Rd 3

Semi Final & Final

Saturday 28, July

5.00pm All Ireland Hurling Semi Final

Sunday, 29 July

3.30pm All Ireland Hurling Semi Final

Saturday, 11 August

5.00pm All Ireland Football Semi Final

Sunday, 12 August

3.30pm All Ireland Football Semi Final

Sunday, 19 August

3.30pm All Ireland Hurling Final

Sunday, 2 September

3.30pm All Ireland Football Final

10 exclusive football games and 4 in the hurling

• Registered Users Posts: 9,715 ✭✭✭lertsnim

It's a pity that they are not allowed show all of them live on television. The BBC iPlayer is easy enough to access so no big deal at the end of the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

indeed.
    Unblocking methods work really well right until the moment that they just dont work any more!

RTE ratcheted up their blocking mechanisms, TG4 similarily, and the british channels were very lax in comparison.
    If they are now getting more strict then its not really surprising.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,715 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I was watching the snooker on the iPlayer last night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭EdEd

lertsnim wrote: »
    I was watching the snooker on the iPlayer last night.

How did you manage that then

Having spent the last half an hour googling I will try later when i get home from work.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,630 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Sunday 13th May - RTE

LHC Dublin V Kilkenny 2PM
    CFC Mayo V Galway 4PM

Saturday 19th May - BBC iPlayer
    UFC Fermanagh V Antrim 7PM

Sunday 20th May - RTE
    MHC Limerick V Tipp 2PM
    MHC Cork V Clare 4PM

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

BBC2 NI will be showing deferred coverage of Donegal v Cavan on Sunday at 7pm.

• Advertisement

What were you using? Im using Hola.org, working fine for me just now

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 195 ✭✭GAA Beo

BBC2 NI will be showing deferred coverage of Donegal v Cavan on Sunday at 7pm.

Does anyone know if I watch the Mayo Galway game on RTE will they spoil the result of Cavan Donegal, particularly in game with latest scores?

I'm wondering is it possible I could watch Mayo Galway on RTE then avoid the other result until 7pm then watch it in full on BBC2NI.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

GAA Beo wrote: »
    Does anyone know if I watch the Mayo Galway game on RTE will they spoil the result of Cavan Donegal, particularly in game with latest scores?

I'm wondering is it possible I could watch Mayo Galway on RTE then avoid the other result until 7pm then watch it in full on BBC2NI.

I'd imagine they'll give the score at half time and more than likely the full time score.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 195 ✭✭GAA Beo

seligehgit wrote: »
    I'd imagine they'll give the score at half time and more than likely the full time score.
    Thanks. Hopefully that stays the case, could just avoid the half time and post match. Lets hope this plan works...:cool:

So, no games televised today?

Bonniedog wrote: »
    So, no games televised today?

Nope as they're both allowed a set amount of games, and to do so would mean that the published lists would have had two less games on them.

Ridiculous scenario to change both championships to include more fixtures but retaining the TV deals leading to this scenario.

The hurling championship kicks off.... Live on... Radio... :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,630 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Nope as they're both allowed a set amount of games, and to do so would mean that the published lists would have had two less games on them.

Ridiculous scenario to change both championships to include more fixtures but retaining the TV deals leading to this scenario.

The hurling championship kicks off.... Live on... Radio... :-/

Bit silly that both defending champions first games wont be on TV alright

Terrible marketing. What other major sport would have its champion team not being shown in their first game?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,427 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Awful coverage from RTE.
    I now wouldn't blame people for refusing to get a TV license.

• Advertisement

Awful coverage from RTE.
    I now wouldn't blame people for refusing to get a TV license.

oh ffs :rolleyes: Anyway it's hardly RTE's fault that they have a set number of games

Advertisement