Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Motogp 2018 News & Chat

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,619 ✭✭✭Infoanon

tommyboy26 wrote: »
    i thought cal was very respectful of dani everytime he was asked about the hrc seat. is it that certain that dani is going to lose his seat?

Puig and Dani don't get on - latest rumour is Lorenzo is being sought by Suzuki with Iannone out

Rins expected to sign with Suzuki for the next 2 seasons - announcement as early as this weekend is rumoured.

Lorenzo is being sought by Suzuki as his team mate.

Also strong rumours that Marc VDS are going to reject Yamaha and sign up as Suzuki satellite team with current bikes a la Tech 3/KTM deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

Marquez pushed back 3 places after incident with vinales.

i personnally dont think it was a strong enough punishment. i would of said back of the grid or from pit lane. as talented as he is he needs to learn he is not invincible and has to be held accountable for his actions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

A half hour to go until the main race. I reckon there's another crash left in Marquez this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Be interesting to see how he gets on if he's not leading into the first corner alright!

Hopefully someone can give him a race today, whether it's Vinales or whoever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Well COTA really is so so boring :(

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Magown3

h3000 wrote: »
    Well COTA really is so so boring :(

True story. No change after about 5 laps.

The British were pulling stats out their ass about a brit leading the championship etc etc.

Here's a stat for ye. Crutchlow has an infatuation with gravel and loves To roll around in it... Every race weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

CotA is the worst track on the calendar, how they could make **** of a great big track when they have no shortage of room in Texas and the benefit of all the great track designs that went before it?
    Tilke tracks are largely poor stop start affairs TBH.

Worst kept secret is now official - Zarco has signed for KTM with Pol has team mate.

UK media and Bradley are pinning their hopes on a Tech 3 ride for Bradley - Tech 3 are no longer a 'junior' team but Herve has always looked for younger talent and hopefully Jonas can make a return next year.

Infoanon wrote: »
    Worst kept secret is now official - Zarco has signed for KTM with Pol has team mate.

UK media and Bradley are pinning their hopes on a Tech 3 ride for Bradley - Tech 3 are no longer a 'junior' team but Herve has always looked for younger talent and hopefully Jonas can make a return next year.

i seen this on twitter

https://twitter.com/gavinemmett/status/992040985109594114

typical zarco.

interesting to see what will happen with honda, ducati and suzuki

• Advertisement

if dani does not sign with HRC again what would the likelihood of lorenzo taking the empty HRC seat?

if dani does not sign with HRC again what would the likelihood of lorenzo taking the empty HRC seat?

Unlikely I would have thought,

More KTM news - Miguel Oliveira confirmed at Tech3 KTM for next season.

Bradley and Kallio ruled out by Herve as team mates.

Infoanon wrote: »
    Unlikely I would have thought,

More KTM news - Miguel Oliveira confirmed at Tech3 KTM for next season.

Bradley and Kallio ruled out by Herve as team mates.

yea i was surprised by the comments from Herve.

Davide told btsports that Lorenzo has not even started talks with them because he knows that he is not in a strong position to negotiate. if he does end up staying i cant see him getting anywhere near the 12m a year he is getting now

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Dani Pedrosa....theres no words....:rolleyes:

Dani Pedrosa....theres no words....:rolleyes:

Yeah I don't think he did anything wrong. It was more the sulker. Remember he bawled Rossi out for doing the same, even though it wasnt Rossi's fault.

I'd even go as far as saying it was a racing incident, but definitely not Pedrosa or Dovis fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Yeah, looked like Jorge only had eyes on Dovi and pulled across Dani's line.

couldnt have felt worse for dani. he seemed to get the worse knock from the crash. he seen the gap and went for it what racer wouldnt.

seemed like lorenzos best chance to get a podium and having a chance of keeping his ducati ride.

what a finish for crazy joe. wonder where he will end up next year

Another strong race from crazy Joe - however he would have been 6th if the Dovi/Dani/Pedrosa crash had not happened.

After 4 races the stand out riders apart from the usual suspects are Rabat/Miller/Rins with the Yamahas being a huge disappointment alongside the Marc VDS Hondas and Aspar/Angel Nieto Ducatis.

Lorenzo continues to disappoint - as does Petrucci who has not done his small chance of joining the works Ducatis and favours over the first 4 races.

Other news from the weekend was that Suzuki will almost certainly not field satellite bikes in '19 which makes a Marc VDS Yamaha link up almost certain (despite the split in the Marc VDS camp) with Morbidelli on Yamahas long term radar.

Countdown to Le Mans this weekend - KTM are talking about introducing the 19 Prototype at the Austrian race in August.

Honda have confirmed a wild card entry for Stefan Bradl at Brno, Sylvain Guintoli is also wild carding for Suzuki at Brno.

While down at Marc VDS, team manager Michael Batholemy (MB) has issued a statement about claims he had been mismanaging resources rejecting the claims unreservedly.A meeting with team owner Marc van der Straten (MvdS)was cancelled and this has been interpreted (by MB) as all allegations being off the table. MvdS legal team have confirmed that there has been no termination of MB contract.

Odds on hearing the Marseillaise this weekend for Mr Zarco and Herve ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Lots of talk that Lorenzo and Pedrosa are on the move for next year.

Lorenzo to Suzuki and Pedrosa possible to Ducati, the latter sounds mad to me, Pedrosa would have his work cutout for him on that manic bike!

Gintonious wrote: »
    Lots of talk that Lorenzo and Pedrosa are on the move for next year.

Lorenzo to Suzuki and Pedrosa possible to Ducati, the latter sounds mad to me, Pedrosa would have his work cutout for him on that manic bike!

All seems to revolve around Lorenzo - if as is widely expected it seems - Lorenzo goes to Suzuki then Petrucci (or Iannone !) would go to Ducati with Dani staying put at Honda,now if Dani goes to Suzuki and Lorenzo stays put at Ducati expect Petrucci to go to Aprilla

dani would be nuts to take the ducati ride.`

i still dont see how suzuki would not resign iannone:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Was thinking the same, he hasn't been too bad with them. He has also had a go with Ducati as well, so not sure he would go back but you never know.

Dovi has re-signed with Ducati for another two years.

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭legrand

^^^^
    Re-signed I assume!! :)

legrand wrote: »
    ^^^^
    Re-signed I assume!! :)

That's the one :o. I was getting a bit distracted by work which I was supposed to be doing :pac:

Gintonious wrote: »
    Was thinking the same, he hasn't been too bad with them. He has also had a go with Ducati as well, so not sure he would go back but you never know.

Iannone has under performed over the two seasons and the recent upturn has come to late in Suzukis eyes - additionally Iannone is apparently not good at bike development.
    Iannone has said that who he is riding for in 2019 will be known very soon.

Re Iannone going to Ducati - latest rumour is that would be Pramac Ducati with Jack Miller going to the factory team replacing Lorenzo.

Lorenzo to Suzuki/Petrucci to Aprilla/Miller to Ducati/Iannone to Pramac/Dani staying put,Smith/Redding out of motogp is a summarisation of the rumours

h3000 wrote: »
    Dovi has re-signed with Ducati for another two years.

i assume the only delay on that was agreeing money. dovi will know what lorenzo got 2 years ago and i assume he was in a good place to get the money he wanted

• Advertisement

i assume the only delay on that was agreeing money. dovi will know what lorenzo got 2 years ago and i assume he was in a good place to get the money he wanted

Lorenzo was on $12m apparently - Dovi was far from happy with the first financial offer from Ducati - as Ducatis championship challenger Dovi knew he could demand a lot more than the rumoured $1.5m he was on.

Advertisement