Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Pilot Voluntary Redeployment

• 15-01-2018 8:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi all, I am just wondering if anyone was involved in the process last year or knows a teacher who went through it or are interested in the process for next September or if you just understand the process can enlighten me. I am teaching in a ETB School in Monaghan and even though I like teaching there, I want to move home so I am thinking of applying for next September. I would appreciate any information on the process e.g. is it head office or a local decision to allow you apply, can you be turned down, when are you offered a new teaching position, does everyone get offered, if you turn down the only offer does that mean that is the very end of the process etc. I would really appreciate any heads up regarding this process. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Sheeps101

Also interested in anyone going through this process at the moment or what the hit rate is in previous years.

Anyone doing this?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 John0000

Anyone hear anything? This has to be the most drawn out process ever. Over two months later since the closing date and still nothing!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 annmariew

I haven’t heard anything either! I’m envisaging a ‘no offer’ email arriving on 31st May, the very last day possible! :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Cavan2018

I rang the Dept. This morning. Apparently some people have got emails already and anyone who gets it will be emailed by next Friday.

• Advertisement

Cavan2018 wrote: »
    I rang the Dept. This morning. Apparently some people have got emails already and anyone who gets it will be emailed by next Friday.

Thanks for that. A colleagues sister who also applied because she wants to move home as planning to get married in 2019 rang today and was told a different version, that no-one had offers yet but they were starting next week and you could get an offer in the last week of school.

Ya I havent heard anything either...probably a good thing as theres VPs getting jobs only now which means there will be more jobs opened up.

In any case, Im expecting to have to apply a couple of more years before I get it!

Any developments?

I have given up on this, is there anyone out there who got an offer. I know of 6 other people (excluding myself) that applied and not one offer between the 7 of us. I am starting to get annoyed over the whole process. It is the most drawn out process ever. I think Teachers next year in the counties where the Scheme will operate need to be aware that the chances of getting an offer seem pretty slim if any and if you get an offer it will be at the very end of the School Year. Friends of mine who aren't teachers can't understand the Scheme in relation to its for one year only and if no offer comes thats it. They don't understand you don't get at least one chance of an offer even if it is three or four years time once you are on a list. I would love to know how many people applied and how many offers made. If you want to move School, just apply and don't wait for redeployment. I am annoyed since this is so drawn out potential jobs I could have applied for are now gone.

To be fair it fairly explicitly stated that there would be no offers until the end of the school year which makes perfect sense. There are jobs becoming available all the time (see DPs being appointed at the moment).

You will get an email sometime next week one way or the other.

• Advertisement

Sheeps101 wrote: »
    To be fair it fairly explicitly stated that there would be no offers until the end of the school year which makes perfect sense. There are jobs becoming available all the time (see DPs being appointed at the moment).

You will get an email sometime next week one way or the other.

When I rang the Department at the start of all of this I was told the selection process was April/May so yes I thought in the last school term I would know. However I didn't know like the 6 other people I know who applied, it would be the last 2 weeks in May! I just want others to be aware if they are interested in applying next year the reality of the situation. I just think out of 7 people and no offer yet to any of us makes me wonder how many offers are being made. Obviously I would like to get an offer but it would be good to even know there are teachers out there who have got offers so at least someone is happy and getting something from this scheme.

I hear ya

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭aratsarse101

My wife applied twice. Munster. As did two colleagues. Never heard anything back first time. Rang them second time mid summer and got a pFo by email later that day. Have a feeling it's only made up to appease the unions but they only transfer a few for the laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭aratsarse101

And she happens to teach two subjects in fierce demand. And fierce positive support from her own principal.

I believe they are looking at Voluntary ones at the moment, having completed compulsory ones up to last week.

This has been the biggest waste of time ever. It seems on the surface the Department is pro-active helping teachers move but in reality it seems a big pile of nothing. I could have spent my last term applying for jobs but instead I have been waiting on what seems to be phantom offers! At this stage I know of 12 people who have applied and not one of us got an offer!

Ive heard of 3 people getting offers. Also lots that have not. Id assume tomorrow would be the last chance what with the 48 hours to respond.

Sheeps101 wrote: »
    Ive heard of 3 people getting offers. Also lots that have not. Id assume tomorrow would be the last chance what with the 48 hours to respond.

Least good to know 3 people got an offer and are happy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭chases0102

Do you even receive correspondance stating that they couldn't place you? I've been watching my email all week, with nothing....now I'm led to believe I won't receive anything!

I didn't get any offer, email came through after 6. I knew they would wait to email us after hours so they wouldn't have to deal with calls or anything. I have found the whole process tiring and a lot of texting there to see out of the 12 I know who applied, none got an offer. I know someone said they knew of someone but out of 12 people and no offer with two of them Dubs wanting to get Dublin I question how many offers were made. Anyway if you got an offer good luck to you in your new school. Least tomorrow summer holidays.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭TheBody

My wife got an e mail today to say was unsuccessful. One teacher in her school was redeployed.

Has been announced again for this year (on ASTI website anyway). Anyone going for it? Counties different this year

Anybody in the hat?

Anyone have any positive news on this years process?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭2011abc

I think even the department staff are inclined to suggest its largely a waste of time .5-10% 'success rate' MAX for a few counties a year .Who thinks up these things ?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭FFred

Got my rejection email today at 3.45 PM.
    Was still holding a bit of hope but it’s not to be :(

Dear applicant

Thank you for your application for redeployment under the Pilot Voluntary Redeployment Scheme 2019.

The Directors of Redeployment have concluded the redeployment process at post-primary level for 2019.

Your application was considered in accordance with the terms of the Pilot Voluntary Redeployment Scheme. Your post was not required to facilitate the compulsory redeployment of a surplus teacher and therefore, you will not be redeployed under this voluntary Scheme for the 2019/20 school year.

Yours sincerely,

****e, sorry to hear people.

Advertisement