Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISYM discussion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

He's pretty snazzy alright, so happy to be finished! The little quote was a last minute decision :P Also decided that when I get enough money I will be continuing on the theme and having a whole alice in wonderland piece on that leg :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I've always wanted the Jabberwock myself! :D

I think he might be a bit much for me :P I'm thinking Cheshire Cat on my calf, then maybe the dormouse and absolum, and lots of psychadelic looking flowers and mushrooms in the background.. And maybe a bandersnatch and a hat :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

Silly mango that is one dashing looking rabbit you have there!! Stunning!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭Corkgirl210

best art work i have seen yet.. who did this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Pixie Fairy I'm not normally a fan of Harry Potter tattoos (nothing wrong with them, just not my cup of tea) but I think that's beautiful. I do love Snape though so there's some bias there. :D

best art work i have seen yet.. who did this?

Christine Tobin, she's recently moved to Freedom ink in Ennis :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

pixiefairy, I love it!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭bonzo_k

I've always wanted the Jabberwock myself! :D

Was thinking that too. I love that poem, I tell it to my kids when they are going to sleep. The original John Tenniel illustration of the Jabberwock is quite sinister looking. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:TheJabberwocky.jpg

Yup, that's the one! Have it in a book I've had since I was a kid, the complete works of Lewis Carroll. I've drawn it a few times myself too, and know the poem too. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Just finished it tonight.
    Overall happy enough with it considering its the largest Ive done to date.

Looks fantastic, out of curiosity is it not fairly awkward tattooing yourself?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,575 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

P_1 wrote: »
    Looks fantastic, out of curiosity is it not fairly awkward tattooing yourself?

Well put it this way.

Your brain is saying stop but you have to keep going.
    Id actually say its harder to tattoo yourself then it is someone else as if your tattooing someone else you don't have that conflict in your head.

Its kinda strange and its something that you have to get your head around.

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Well put it this way.

Your brain is saying stop but you have to keep going.
    Id actually say its harder to tattoo yourself then it is someone else as if your tattooing someone else you don't have that conflict in your head.

Its kinda strange and its something that you have to get your head around.

Yeah I get you. I kinda have the same (albeit on a much smaller scale) when I have to inject insulin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Marty, that's even better than the pic I saw. Fcuking unreal work! Tomash is talented! Bet you're delighted with it :)

Bloody hell Marty that is a stunning piece of art, how long did it take? well worth it I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Esoteric_ wrote: »
    Marty, that's even better than the pic I saw. Fcuking unreal work! Tomash is talented! Bet you're delighted with it :)
    P_1 wrote: »
    Bloody hell Marty that is a stunning piece of art, how long did it take? well worth it I'd say

Cheers yea I really couldn't be happier with it he done a fantastic job :), it took 6 hours which I was impressed with was convinced at the start it would take a second sitting.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Marty, the tattoo looks awesome! Tis great seeing it develop from the idea you had into a great tattoo, he did well to translate it onto skin.

Marty that's simply stunning.

How long are you managing to go between glances at it? :D

Marty that's simply stunning.

How long are you managing to go between glances at it? :D

:pac::pac: I wont lie not to long it's three weeks old now and I'm still delighted with it :o.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Chun Li

Wow looks great Marty, figured it had to be yours when I seen it on Facebook this morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

Whoop, finally get to see this infamous tattoo :)

Feckin' class Marty, looks brlliant. You must be over the moon with it :) Phew, don't know if I could have sat 6hrs!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

Marty - that's one amazing tattoo. Love it.

Chun Li wrote: »
    Wow looks great Marty, figured it had to be yours when I seen it on Facebook this morning.

Thanks now I'm looking forward to seeing yours are you back in this weekend if I remember correctly?
    FoxyVixen wrote: »
    Whoop, finally get to see this infamous tattoo :)

Feckin' class Marty, looks brlliant. You must be over the moon with it :) Phew, don't know if I could have sat 6hrs!!

:) Thanks, 6 hours it wasn't to bad at all have to say the calf I have found one of the easiest places as of yet.
    Maire2009 wrote: »
    Marty - that's one amazing tattoo. Love it.

Thanks Maire :) now we just need the Gunners to keep up there form and I'll stay a happy camper ;).

Thanks Maire :) now we just need the Gunners to keep up there form and I'll stay a happy camper ;).

Even better I'm going to see them twice over the next week :D That and I'm getting a tattoo done on 9th Nov - hope it comes out as awesome as yours.

Even better I'm going to see them twice over the next week :D That and I'm getting a tattoo done on 9th Nov - hope it comes out as awesome as yours.

Ya lucky sod I'm especially jealous of the Dortmund game should be a cracker as long as we win of coarse :pac: I've another few weeks yet before I head over. ooh nice what ya getting done? Look forward to seeing it.

Ya lucky sod I'm especially jealous of the Dortmund game should be a cracker as long as we win of coarse :pac: I've another few weeks yet before I head over. ooh nice what ya getting done? Look forward to seeing it.

Its a mashup between my love of cats and Sherlock Holmes - it will be quite dark and moody. It works fantastic in my head but I can't draw for sh1t but I think the artist has it nailed.

Its a mashup between my love of cats and Sherlock Holmes - it will be quite dark and moody. It works fantastic in my head but I can't draw for sh1t but I think the artist has it nailed.

Ooh certainly sounds interesting and something that could be quite cool :), make sure to remember to throw up a pic when it's done :).

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Chun Li

Thanks now I'm looking forward to seeing yours are you back in this weekend if I remember correctly?

Yeh I'm back in on Saturday, skipping my work halloween party on Friday night so it better be worth it :D

Chun Li wrote: »
    Yeh I'm back in on Saturday, skipping my work halloween party on Friday night so it better be worth it :D

Halloween work parties any job's going we barely get a Christmas one :pac:, I've no doubt it will be worth it :).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

When I worked in an insurance broker - which had the same name as a 12 step program - we used to get nights out once every two months. Was brilliant :D

Advertisement