Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Hand Moisturising

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭vumpireofkid

I recently got a gift of a shea oil hand scrub and shea butter hand cream from L'occitane and I find it AMAZING! I was talking about it so much, my mum went in and bought them both for herself, it was €35 for the two. The tube of hand cream is huge and you only need a tiny bit so it will last for ages. I would definitely recommend it! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭xDramaxQueenx

I alternate between the dove pro age hand moisturiser and soap and glorys hand food. I find both very good, and they would be my favourites as I have tried lots of different ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Siuin

I recently got a gift of a shea oil hand scrub and shea butter hand cream from L'occitane and I find it AMAZING! I was talking about it so much, my mum went in and bought them both for herself, it was €35 for the two. The tube of hand cream is huge and you only need a tiny bit so it will last for ages. I would definitely recommend it! :)
    +1 for the Shea butter- I get it for my mom every year!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Just want to Thank everyone who posted in here.

I've started using coconut oil and it's working wonders for me. My skin is smoother and as an added bonus, the coconut scent is nice too so cheers :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

kerry4sam wrote: »
    Just want to Thank everyone who posted in here.

I've started using coconut oil and it's working wonders for me. My skin is smoother and as an added bonus, the coconut scent is nice too so cheers :)

I'm definitely going to try this after reading all the good reviews :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

Another coconut oil fan here. I like to heat mine gently before applying.

I also got a really good hand cream in Superdug. Think it's by Palmers, it has shea butter in it and is lovely and thick.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 42 syjg18

I'm fond of using Nivea products too. Those products are really good!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Resurrecting this thread as it's the closest one to what I'm looking for. Hope that's okay.

I'm putting together a little hand care hamper for my mum for Christmas and was hoping to get her some of these moisturising glove things to put in with all the lotions and potions.

Can anyone recommend any particular ones? I know you can get just plain ones that you use with any old cream, but is there any brand name ones that are better than others? Or has anyone tried them and think they're not worth it?

Any help greatly appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭NeonCookies

I bought my mum this little set of Christmas fragrance hand moisturisers from The Body Shop last year and she loved them. They smelled DIVINE! Don't know if they have them this year as I'm not in Ireland to check, but if they do they're great as a stocking filler!

Just wondering if anyone knows of a hand moisturiser with a very good SPF? I got 2nd degree burns on the backs of my hands earlier this year and while the skin has healed well it's going to remain very sensitive to sunlight for at least another year. I do pop on normal sun screen, but it'd be so handy to only have to remember one cream - especially when it's so cloudy and miserable out that I don't even think about the sunscreen!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,423 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

I couldn't recommend Clarins Hand Cream strongly enough, it's miracle stuff. It's a biteen pricey (I think it's about €22 per tube but it lasts so long, it's definitely worth it)

I'm a nurse, I'm constantly washing/gelling my hands so they're prone to dryness but even one application of the Clarins stuff makes them much softer and I find it's really good for strengthening nails too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

If you moisturise your hands daily then the skin on your hands down regulate (or stop altogether) the natural oils it would normally produce, that's why they're getting drier. I've seen this happen with girls as as well who used lip balm excessively. They found that they had to reapply lip balm every few hours or their lips would start cracking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭cazzzzz

Hand Food by Soap and Glory- amazing!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,103 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

If you know anyone going to or living in New Zealand, they have this fantastic mud hand cream that I found out about from a stonemason I met - all his fellow workers used it.
    http://www.shopnewzealand.co.nz/en/cp/Hand_Cream_Thermal_Mud_100g

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Actioncomet

has anyone or their partner had a serious adverse allergic reaction to L'Occitane hand cream ?

by serious I mean the complete removal of the entire outer layer of skin on both hands and other areas of contact.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Actioncomet

has anyone or their partner or friends or family had a serious adverse allergic reaction to L'Occitane hand cream ?

by serious I mean the complete removal of the entire outer layer of skin on both hands and other areas of contact.

a PM / DM might be appropriate

Advertisement