Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Freeman Megamerge

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

Since Facebook are blocking the Land Leagues messages, they've set up a premium rate text message service.

Seems legit.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,555 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Essien wrote: »
    Since Facebook are blocking the Land Leagues messages, they've set up a premium rate text message service.

Seems legit.
    The Hub are so convinced there's a Facebook conspiracy to silence them, they're encouraging people to move to their effort on a Russian social network. Because censorship isn't a very Russian thing to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

They're very fond of this siege mentality in general. It basically means that anyone who questions anything about them is against them and everything they stand for. That goes for the hub, TLL, DDI, all of them.

One guy questioned the validity of last weeks protest on the grounds that they were renting and given 18 months notice. He made some sensible, rational points on the subject but was still met with the same wall of hostility.

For me, it's becoming more and more like a cult.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,865 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

08e3c2667caae72a0dcfd10098398f5a__20140913103236.jpg

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,555 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

It's only fitting that tin foil hatters use shiny tank tape to block off the address. Stops the contents reading your mind and the meter from giving off radiation, y'know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

What's with the "I don't understand your intent"? I'd ask what the "logic" is behind saying that, but I couldn't bring myself to destroy that poor word any more than it has been.

I mean... they intend to bill you for the bloody water you use. What's not to understand?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭rameire

if they dont "understand", they cant then "stand under" them.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

Some one is going to be pretty upset when they get the default 650 charge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭Bepolite

I don't understand your intent. Hailing frequencies Lieutenant, broadcast universal greetings and hello in all know languages.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

rameire wrote: »
    if they dont "understand", they cant then "stand under" them.

No showers if you refuse to stand under Irish Water.

• Advertisement

979KWtU.jpg
    Wonderful pisstake of the whole "treat an envelope like the cover of a 13 year old girls homework notebook" means of dealing with Irish Water.

Credit where it's due

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,865 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

"The Postman Was Not On His Oath!"

Quote of the thread :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Five Lamps

Thargor wrote: »

"I do not recognize you". It says Irish Water on the envelop. It's the crowd that you've spent so many hours reading through dubious forums and scribbing down bullsh*t legal terms. Recognise them now?

BTW has anybody negotiated an International treaty? Something I've always wanted to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭Bepolite

Five Lamps wrote: »
    "I do not recognize you". It says Irish Water on the envelop. It's the crowd that you've spent so many hours reading through dubious forums and scribbing down bullsh*t legal terms. Recognise them now?

BTW has anybody negotiated an International treaty? Something I've always wanted to do.

http://www.adverts.ie/business-professional-services/the-negotiators-mediators/6375367

I've already laid the ground work for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,002 ✭✭✭✭Esel

If only someone in the IW post room would post a few pics of their favourite returns. I'd say we would all be collapsing.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭S12b

I'm new to the wonderful source of laughs that is this whole freeman thing. As a result, I'm not 100% up to speed with their various nonsensical notions....what's the thing about caps locks and different colour font??? :confused:

I'm sure most of ye have seen this but if you haven't, watch from 18:00 to 19:30.....you couldn't make it up....apparently the sheriff needs "a signed referendum of the constitution" :D
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpUjl4LvQM8

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭fxotoole

Thargor wrote: »

^ This reminds me of:

Good news for Donegal fans. According to "King" Billy McGuire, yesterday's All Ireland final may have been invalid due to the presence of serpents on the medals.

If only we'd put him on the case for the Thierry Henry incident we could have qualified for the 2010 World Cup.

Link.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭Beano

Anybody got a better pic of that flyer?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭BornToKill

Its on his website http://www.billymcguire.com/gaa-all-ireland-medals.html. He was giving them out at the Sean Treacy commemoration on Talbot Street ahead of the all Ireland hurling final. People seemed to be taking them out of politeness more than anything else.

BornToKill wrote: »
    Its on his website http://www.billymcguire.com/gaa-all-ireland-medals.html. He was giving them out at the Sean Treacy commemoration on Talbot Street ahead of the all Ireland hurling final. People seemed to be taking them out of politeness more than anything else.

I was hoping to avoid going to his website :)

what particular relevance does he attach to the change in medals?

Beano wrote: »
    I was hoping to avoid going to his website :)

what particular relevance does he attach to the change in medals?

Ok, i read a bit more. Is he really claiming ownership of the GAA?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭fxotoole

Robbo wrote: »
    Good news for Donegal fans. According to "King" Billy McGuire, yesterday's All Ireland final may have been invalid due to the presence of serpents on the medals.

If only we'd put him on the case for the Thierry Henry incident we could have qualified for the 2010 World Cup.

Link.

Sure how it could it possibly be valid? St Patrick himself banished all snakes from GAA games :pac:

fxotoole wrote: »
    Sure how it could it possibly be valid? St Patrick himself banished all snakes from GAA games :pac:
    Lies from the illegitimate Royal Reptilian cabaal that run the State.

One of Billy McGuires's ancestors banished the snakes and therefore Billy is the rightful patron Saint of the *real* Ireland.

Lies from the illegitimate Royal Reptilian cabaal that run the State.

One of Billy McGuires's ancestors banished the snakes and therefore Billy is the rightful patron Saint of the *real* Ireland.

well he claims to be a descendant of Sam Maguire. I'm suprised he hasnt asked for the cup back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭littlemac1980

I'd say he's probably happy enough for the 'Ga' to have the loan of the cup for the time-being. But you know they'd want to sort out the medal business to his satisfaction quick - or his generosity in letting them use the cup might not last.

Some lovely sentiment from the Galway chapter of The Hub.

Here's smooth voiced Vin from People's Bedroom Internet Radio having a chat with Claire Cullinane (from 37 mins onwards).

At 51 minutes, she goes on about groups with "ulterior motives" who are hoodwinking people with "false hope". These groups are rife with"professional level infiltrators" according to Vin.

She goes into great detail about how RTE set her up; darkened rooms, lights in her face, editing witchcraft etc.

On the issue of the money collected; it was to pay a "legal team" for the "test case" and create your "own private family trust" of which she took only €10 herself for expenses

Nothing has happened in the test case but we already knew that. She states at 1h22m that it's gone and the couple have moved on and "made their own arrangements". The time is apparently "wrong" to go ahead with anything else according to "many legal teams" and RTE scuppered the whole thing. She claims she'll be issuing refunds to her backers which she claims number 300 (but just as easily could have been 30,000).

Also, according to Vin, accountants take an oath these days.

I'd listen to the other hour but I'd need more alcohol than is to hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,965 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Next time you want to listen in, let us know and we will have a whip around for some cans and a family sized bag of crisps for you :)
    On the issue of the money collected; it was to pay a "legal team" for the "test case" and create your "own private family trust" of which she took only €10 herself for expenses

Only €10? I hope she provided a receipt :rolleyes:
    Nothing has happened in the test case but we already knew that. She states at 1h22m that it's gone and the couple have moved on and "made their own arrangements".

Do we read that to mean they got proper legal advice instead?:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭Sesudra

I assume from Toms insistence at the end that she say "Yes" rather than "Of course" they think have something up their sleeves...

Advertisement