Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First ever mustard experience

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,743 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

You are comparing apples with oranges. Colman's is English mustard (& a fine example of it too), whereas Dijon is a French mustard which is usually milder & not as pungent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭Foxhound38

Used to hate the stuff and actively avoid it. Every once in a while it would be put on without my request when I'm buying a hot from a food van before a match etc and annoyed as I would be, I'd be hungry so I'd get rid of as much of it as possible and then eat what's left. Little did I know I was spooning off yellow gold.

Anyway, I started progressively craving the stuff and eventually bought my first bottle of French's yellow mustard in my late 20's about 2 or 3 years back. I have since graduated to Coleman's English Mustard and i'm convinced it's the condiment equivalent of crack cocaine. It has legitimately replaced butter for sandwiches in my house and I'd pretty much eat it with any sort of meat.

Still keep a bottle of French's Yellow Mustard for the odd hot dog though - that wouldn't taste right with anything else. Don't bother with Dijon, it has far too much manners about it to really be considered a Mustard.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Foxhound38 wrote: »
    Used to hate the stuff and actively avoid it. Every once in a while it would be put on without my request when I'm buying a hot from a food van before a match etc and annoyed as I would be, I'd be hungry so I'd get rid of as much of it as possible and then eat what's left. Little did I know I was spooning off yellow gold.

Anyway, I started progressively craving the stuff and eventually bought my first bottle of French's yellow mustard in my late 20's about 2 or 3 years back. I have since graduated to Coleman's English Mustard and i'm convinced it's the condiment equivalent of crack cocaine. It has legitimately replaced butter for sandwiches in my house and I'd pretty much eat it with any sort of meat.

Still keep a bottle of French's Yellow Mustard for the odd hot dog though - that wouldn't taste right with anything else. Don't bother with Dijon, it has far too much manners about it to really be considered a Mustard.

When you start dipping your finger in the Jar for a taste you will be at a good level :D

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

There's a mustard forum? Mind blown.

tim-and-eric-mind-blown.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭phelixoflaherty

Wasabi elevates a cheese sandwich.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,323 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

1st reaĺ experience with mustard was in the States. Now I love it on ham sandwiches , with sausage rolled in bread like a hotdog

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,052 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Never had it on a burger. But that's what I have Sirachi for.

Advertisement