Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

All Together Now 2019

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Would love to see Tom Jones playing :D

Me too

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Captain Red Beard

loving the optimism in here.

Big xmas lists, remember it's a medium size fest.

My guess at headliners and some undercard based on whos touring nearby and last year choices,

The National (fleet foxes), Groove Armada/Modeselektor (Underworld) ASH/Wolf Alice (Villagers), Basement Jaxx DJ set/Years & Years (Mura Masa), Nile Rodgers & Chic (New Power Generation),

KT Tunstall/Father John Misty (First Aid Kit), Tom Jones/Sister Sledge (Chaka Khan), Echo & The Bunnymen/Primal Scream (Mogwai),

Simian Mobile Disco DJ Set (Nils Frahm), Damien Jr Gong Marley/The Wailers (Jimmy Cliff)

And with some of this list I reckon i've shot too high.

I'd take that line up gladly.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Lamb have a new album out and would suit ATN quite well:

http://lambofficial.com/

Gruff Rhys is doing a lot of festivals in the UK this year, so might pop over for one (although he did 5 days in Ireland in November).

Eels starting their european tour on the 14th August could be a good one too!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Eels starting their european tour on the 14th August could be a good one too!
    That's the third time in the last week+ that I have seen/heard Eels mentioned in the same breath/context as ATN.

It may as well be written in stone. Definitely gonna happen :)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Suckit wrote: »
    That's the third time in the last week+ that I have seen/heard Eels mentioned in the same breath/context as ATN.

It may as well be written in stone. Definitely gonna happen :)

To be fair I read it here first, but adopt it as one of my predictions

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭Blackie_IRL

Wouldn't surprise me to see some of the below:

Groove Armada
    Robyn
    GusGus
    Lamb
    Jungle
    Friendly Fires
    James Blake
    Grace Jones
    Haelos
    Chvrches
    Apparat

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Wouldn't surprise me to see some of the below:

Friendly Fires
    Saw Friendly Fires at Metropolis last year and instantly became a fan.. solid live band and the frontman is great fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

Basq wrote: »
    Saw Friendly Fires at Metropolis last year and instantly became a fan.. solid live band and the frontman is great fun!

They put on some show in the Electric Arena last year. An excellent early evening addition.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,482 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Expect:
    Groove Armada
    Franz Ferdinand
    Chvrches
    Kt Tunstall
    Wolf Alice
    Sleaford Mods
    Sister Sledge

Want:
    Tame Impala
    The Good the Bad and the Queen
    The Streets
    Echo and the Bunnymen
    The Roots
    Bloc Party

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Last few times Aphex Twin has been on the festival circuit / doing gigs, he’s done a turn for POD in Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,517 ✭✭✭Hoboo

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Expect:
    Groove Armada
    Franz Ferdinand
    Chvrches
    Kt Tunstall
    Wolf Alice
    Sleaford Mods
    Sister Sledge

Want:
    Tame Impala
    The Good the Bad and the Queen
    The Streets
    Echo and the Bunnymen
    The Roots
    Bloc Party

Sounds like EP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,482 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Hoboo wrote: »
    Sounds like EP.

Hope not. Im hoping EP get 1975, Robyn, Muse and a rake of other acts ive no interest in, so no fomo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,446 ✭✭✭Stillill42

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Hope not. Im hoping EP get 1975, Robyn, Muse and a rake of other acts ive no interest in, so no fomo.

Oh no, Turtle. You can't do that, just abandon ship and wish the dregs on Stradbally. What about those of us who are going to both? Shame on you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Oh no, Turtle. You can't do that, just abandon ship and wish the dregs on Stradbally. What about those of us who are going to both? Shame on you.

Muse would be the dregs?

Have tickets for both, but I feel zero loyalty to EP. If I don't fancy the line up I will sell my ticket.*

*I say this every year and every year I go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Final prediction time*

30 acts is what we have been promised so I'm hoping that's 30 on top of the National and Fontaines DC. Last year, we got 31 acts, including most of the big ones from what I can see.

So, on top of the National and Fontaines DC, I'm guessing:

Lisa Hannigan, the Gloaming, Chic & Nile Rogers, Jungle, Groove Armada, Sister Sledge, Gruff Rhys and Beirut.
    Under that, a hefty dose of Irish acts including Ash, Kojaque, Just Mustard, Silverbacks, the Murder Capital, Whenyoung, Sorcha Richardson and David Kitt.
    Around that, there'll be a strong helping of electronic stuff that I wouldn't be too familiar with but New Jackson will be in there and it'll be sweet.

If that's what we got, I'd be bloody thrilled. If we got 1/10th of that, I'd be pretty chuffed too. What has been announced so far exceeded my expectations so if it's even just a strong Irish group, I'll be happy enough.

*Disclaimer: this is based on what people have said up above and elsewhere and I haven't actually checked tour dates for some of these people so they may not be possible, most will likely not happen and anything correct is purely coincidental.

If going off last year we'll get the big ticket bands at the start.

This includes some bigger Irish acts,

Then the smaller irish/international acts will fill out in a later announcement.

Christmas Eve is here everyone.

Did anyone see Will Self last year?

I had never seen him before but was hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,632 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Final prediction time*

30 acts is what we have been promised so I'm hoping that's 30 on top of the National and Fontaines DC. Last year, we got 31 acts, including most of the big ones from what I can see.

So, on top of the National and Fontaines DC, I'm guessing:

Lisa Hannigan, the Gloaming, Chic & Nile Rogers, Jungle, Groove Armada, Sister Sledge, Gruff Rhys and Beirut.
    Under that, a hefty dose of Irish acts including Ash, Kojaque, Just Mustard, Silverbacks, the Murder Capital, Whenyoung, Sorcha Richardson and David Kitt.
    Around that, there'll be a strong helping of electronic stuff that I wouldn't be too familiar with but New Jackson will be in there and it'll be sweet.

If that's what we got, I'd be bloody thrilled. If we got 1/10th of that, I'd be pretty chuffed too. What has been announced so far exceeded my expectations so if it's even just a strong Irish group, I'll be happy enough.

*Disclaimer: this is based on what people have said up above and elsewhere and I haven't actually checked tour dates for some of these people so they may not be possible, most will likely not happen and anything correct is purely coincidental.

Liking this ''anything correct is purely coincidental.'' :P

Not ignoring the disclaimer but think Beirut are more likely to play EP as they're at EOTR same weekend. Think the NCH gigs are the Gloaming's only Irish dates this year.

Could see a few of those Irish acts. Maybe Junior Brother also and Talos and Saint Sister making an appearance. Talos has a 2nd album just out and isn't playing It Takes a Village festival again so say good chance he will play ATN or EP.

Eod100 wrote: »
    Liking this ''anything correct is purely coincidental.'' :P

Not ignoring the disclaimer but think Beirut are more likely to play EP as they're at EOTR same weekend. Think the NCH gigs are the Gloaming's only Irish dates this year.

Could see a few of those Irish acts. Maybe Junior Brother also and Talos and Saint Sister making an appearance. Talos has a 2nd album just out and isn't playing It Takes a Village festival again so say good chance he will play ATN or EP.

Shame about Beirut if that's the case. New album is very good. I left out a few other acts like Deerhunter, etc as they seem to be around the UK at the end of the summer so presumed EP was more likely.

As for Talos, it was mentioned on the No Encore podcast last week that they are in the US for the next months or so so not expecting ATN anyway.

Shame about Beirut if that's the case. New album is very good. I left out a few other acts like Deerhunter, etc as they seem to be around the UK at the end of the summer so presumed EP was more likely.

As for Talos, it was mentioned on the No Encore podcast last week that they are in the US for the next months or so so not expecting ATN anyway.

Yeah they're touring US at the moment, finishing up there in mid March then back here for a few dates in April and touring Europe til end of May. Could see them take a break of a few weeks then do a few festivals.

• Advertisement

Eod100 wrote: »
    Yeah they're touring US at the moment, finishing up there in mid March then back here for a few dates in April and touring Europe til end of May. Could see them take a break of a few weeks then do a few festivals.

Aaaah right. It sounded like they were gone for quite a bit longer than that on the pod. Must have misunderstood it.

Excellent live act anyway so hopefully...

Would also love Villagers back but wouldn't expect it after ATN and Metropolis last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Gus Ivey

Are we exploring the first alphabetical act tomorrow as discussed?

Gus Ivey wrote: »
    Are we exploring the first alphabetical act tomorrow as discussed?

Dusting off Abba records as I type

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭roll

Yann Tiersen has a new album out and is in the States/Canada until June...... Think he'd suit ATN if he's doing the festival circuit in the summer

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭Whipping Boy

Not feeling massively inspired by the names being mentioned here...hopefully there's a few surprises!

Will be my first time at ATN - typically a Body & Soul attendee.

Is it like B&S in so far as the line-up isn't massively important as there's so much other stuff going on around the place?

Aaaah right. It sounded like they were gone for quite a bit longer than that on the pod. Must have misunderstood it.

Excellent live act anyway so hopefully...

Would also love Villagers back but wouldn't expect it after ATN and Metropolis last year.

Considering that Talos also played last year wouldn't that mean not this year for him/them?

Not feeling massively inspired by the names being mentioned here...hopefully there's a few surprises!

Will be my first time at ATN - typically a Body & Soul attendee.

Is it like B&S in so far as the line-up isn't massively important as there's so much other stuff going on around the place?

I would say yes to this but I felt the lineup last year was much better than what B&S have done for a few years now, but that is just my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

Muse would be the dregs?

They sure are.

Dusting off Abba records as I type

Hopefully we will start with Basement Jaxx although I guess Abba would be ok.

• Advertisement

Considering that Talos also played last year wouldn't that mean not this year for him/them?

Think with Villagers being main stage dunno would they headline twice in a row. Could see Talos back cos they're on smaller stage. Same with acts like Saint Sister, David Keenan etc

Advertisement