Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Betting Thread Part III - Insert witty title here

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

sydthebeat wrote: »
    No, it's money back if the opposition number scores, not odds matched. So it's actually more unlikely that mcnally will score first

So I think best has a better opportunity to score from a driving maul than mcnally.

2 for 1 First Tryscorer Special: Get paid as a winner if you pick the right number but the wrong team • Back a First Tryscorer and we’ll pay out if the opposition’s number scores first • Applies to bets on the First Tryscorer market for Scotland v Ireland, Italy v Wales & England v France, on the 9th & 10th of February 2019 • Max Stake €/£10 for qualifying bets • Does not include E/W bets • Bonus winnings will be paid at the lower odds of the two players e.g. if you back a player at 5/1 and the opposition number scores first at 7/1 then you will be paid at 5/1 • Applies to bets placed pre-match only •

Just copied that from the t&cs

• Subscribers Posts: 40,977 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

2 for 1 First Tryscorer Special: Get paid as a winner if you pick the right number but the wrong team • Back a First Tryscorer and we’ll pay out if the opposition’s number scores first • Applies to bets on the First Tryscorer market for Scotland v Ireland, Italy v Wales & England v France, on the 9th & 10th of February 2019 • Max Stake €/£10 for qualifying bets • Does not include E/W bets • Bonus winnings will be paid at the lower odds of the two players e.g. if you back a player at 5/1 and the opposition number scores first at 7/1 then you will be paid at 5/1 • Applies to bets placed pre-match only •

Just copied that from the t&cs

Jesus I don't know what way I read it yesterday....I was way out

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

All over the place again today but at least I am still only using my pot from last weekend. Even backed a horse - can't resist the odds. :D

pp1.PNG

I feel the handicap has definitely gone too big at 14 having a decent play on France with the points.

Also with the insurance of the opposite number and money back if may scores playing
    Picamoles 22/1
    Huget 18/1
    Basteraud 35/1
    First try

Basteraud 7/1 anytime too

Survived the Scottish game a couple of Euros down thanks to live betting. Today the whole pot is on tryscorers - Johnny May and Chris Ashton both at Evens.

• Advertisement

Trying to recoup some losses from the Ireland band, I got on Italy +20 at half time yesterday.

Putting winnings on England - 14 today.

I think if England got a couple of tries early on it could turn very messy for the French

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

I like the Basta 7/1 anytime bet too. This feels like a game he'll be fired up for.

I like the Basta 7/1 anytime bet too. This feels like a game he'll be fired up for.

4 tries in 26 six nations games.......

4 tries in 26 six nations games.......

Well he's 7/1 for a reason. :D

Slade anytime @ 10/3

• Advertisement

Slade anytime @ 10/3

On that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,730 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

Trying to recoup some losses from the Ireland band, I got on Italy +20 at half time yesterday.

Putting winnings on England - 14 today.

I think if England got a couple of tries early on it could turn very messy for the French

Agreed. Just heard that England have scored a try within the 1st 5 mins in 3 of their last 4 games.
    Nevertheless will be going with France +14!
    Still have the wise old heads there at 2, 8&9. And the power.

Slade anytime @ 10/3

Good shout Syd! :)

Hate to say it but England are making my weekend here :)

England are only two point favourites going to Cardiff. I'd say that's likely to move to 4-5 points so if you fancy England I'd jump on now. Myself, I'm wary of that game. In the Gatland Era I'd always give Wales a good shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Italy +14 at home to France in the last round of games looks very tempting

Del.Monte wrote: »
    Survived the Scottish game a couple of Euros down thanks to live betting. Today the whole pot is on tryscorers - Johnny May and Chris Ashton both at Evens.

Back to square one again and the nag came in second - if only I understood the concept of Each Way betting. :D

Green tinted glasses aside, Italy +30 at home to Ireland looks very good. Italy have covered their points in their opening two games and Ireland are still making enough errors where I could see them not running up a massive score.

I feel the handicap has definitely gone too big at 14 having a decent play on France with the points.

Also with the insurance of the opposite number and money back if may scores playing
    Picamoles 22/1
    Huget 18/1
    Basteraud 35/1
    First try

Basteraud 7/1 anytime too

Well... that went well

Well... that went well

There are days like these.

• Advertisement

Ulster +3 at the Ospreys looks decent, pending lineups.

After seeing the Munster side, I'm on Munster -29.

After seeing the Munster side, I'm on Munster -29.

just posted the same in the match thread... i got on yesterday at -29 and it hasnt changed

just posted the same in the match thread... i got on yesterday at -29 and it hasnt changed

The Pro14 odds tend to not move as quickly.

The Pro14 odds tend to not move as quickly.

They set their spread early and then let the money dictate.... so if you get on early enough you get the better odds.

BTW its gone out to -30 now

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Weather doesn't look too conducive to a 30 point spread at the minute

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Never mind!

Good call but sadly I didn't go near it.

Screenshocvt-3.jpg

lots of green on the board... up about 700%... happy days !!!

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,055 ✭✭✭✭beertons

^Class

Advertisement