Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Sleaford mods

Options
  • 10-02-2019 12:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭

Roisin dubh tonight - great concert. Some energy from the band

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,774 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

cannco253 wrote: »
    Roisin dubh tonight - great concert. Some energy from the band

Saw them in the academy last Friday night. Blown away by them. Just brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,450 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Sensational band and the most relevant band in the world at the moment. Have been for a few years. New stuff sounded great in The Academy.

New album Eton Alive. lol. Gets a great review in this months Mojo.

"Another fine mess". "Leaves you galvanised, purged and recharged for the unending war against mediocrity".

I got really into the Sleaford Mods in early 2018, listened to them a lot for a few months, but then I unintentionally forgot about them as I moved onto other things.

Unreal band, and I'm sorry to have missed out on their Irish dates.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,497 ✭✭✭dasdog

I'm not that familiar but I was very impressed with them last Friday. A short but intense set...it only dropped a bit when he did that song about paranoia or whatever it was. There's a bit of a spark about them alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,835 ✭✭✭RayCon

Mates are into them and there was a spare ticket going for last Fri so I went along. Great gig, totally enjoyed it ... had to laugh when I heard the lyric ""Graham Coxon looks like a left-wing Boris Johnson." ... :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,220 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Had seen them the previous 3 times they played here, missed out on this.

The closest thing to a proper punk gig going these days.

Birneybau wrote: »
    Had seen them the previous 3 times they played here, missed out on this.

The closest thing to a proper punk gig going these days.

Idles too

• Registered Users Posts: 10,220 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

• Registered Users Posts: 3,457 ✭✭✭Stillill42

That's interesting. I'll have to pay more attention to what Idles are talking about. That class approptiation thing can work both ways.

Birneybau wrote: »

Ha yeah saw that. No issue with it. Sign of a healthy music scene when people are having pops at each other. Its all been far too nice lately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭Wooderson

That geezer from the Mods sounds like a sanctimonious ersehole in that article. Caught up in his own bullshyte.
    "I take music seriously."

GFY, mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

Wooderson wrote: »
    . Caught up in his own bullshyte.

I guess most artists are, well the ones I like anyway.

(can't help but see you've tickets to Ryan Adams, haha)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭Wooderson

hetuzozaho wrote: »
    I guess most artists are, well the ones I like anyway.

(can't help but see you've tickets to Ryan Adams, haha)

Take a holiday.

Advertisement