Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What trees to plant for privacy?

Options
  • 13-02-2019 9:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭

My back garden bounds a pretty busy road. Despite a 6 foot wall it is still possible to see in to the back of our house so am looking for suggestions for trees to plant to provide a bit of privacy. The length of the wall is about 100foot and I suppose the trees would want to be able to grow to at least to 20foot and not take an eternity to grow.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,358 ✭✭✭macraignil

Jane98 wrote: »
    My back garden bounds a pretty busy road. Despite a 6 foot wall it is still possible to see in to the back of our house so am looking for suggestions for trees to plant to provide a bit of privacy. The length of the wall is about 100foot and I suppose the trees would want to be able to grow to at least to 20foot and not take an eternity to grow.

Maybe Portugal laurel might be an option. If you have space for something bigger then maybe evergreen oak might be an option. If you have the space and being deciduous is not a problem hornbeam or whitebeam might be options.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,008 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Ordinary cherry laurel is perfect for this.

Advertisement