Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

WRC 2019

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭jelutong

Meeke 5 seconds behind Tanak. Great start.

Ogier 0.4 seconds ahead of Neuville with just the Power Stage to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭TigerTim

Anyone know if any of the FTA channels are showing the WRC this year. Can't see it listed anywhere,

Thanks,

T.

Doesn't appear to be on any of the FTA channels this year. CH 5 had it last season. Keep an eye on Freesport and Frontrunner channels.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭recyclebin

Channel 5 doesn't seem to be showing it this week at all. I watched the review on BT instead. I think the Red Bull website might show highlights too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭irishrover99

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭mjhickeyie

5 Spike is showing highlights from Sweden tonight at 7pm.
    This is a FTA channel.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 liverpool1A

Anyone get Wrc live. I put it on for Rally Sweden and for 8 euro a month. It was well worth watching I loved every minute of #WRClive. Anyone else watch it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭pyramuid man

Great to be able to watch the live stream on BT Sport's red button. Mexico has been on since 3 o clock today.

Hour long highlights programme on 5 Spike @ 19.00 hrs on Monday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭recyclebin

If anyone has Sky Q (or a Smart TV) you can also watch highlights using the red bull app.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭masit

recyclebin wrote: »
    If anyone has Sky Q (or a Smart TV) you can also watch highlights using the red bull app.

Ihave an LG tv and only found out today that there is a WRC app for it. Can what WRc+ on it now.

Great win for Ogier today. Fastest on the Power Stage also.

Meeke made a fool of himself by accusing Citroen of influencing the organisers in red flagging a special stage to benefit Ogier. He's since apologised but he hasn't done himself any favours.

Rally Chile in progress. Tanak leading by 30 seconds from Ogier. Neuville crashes out of third on stage 8. Meeke having a nightmare rally. Drove stage 8 without a windscreen after rolling on previous one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

jelutong wrote: »
    Rally Chile in progress. Tanak leading by 30 seconds from Ogier. Neuville crashes out of third on stage 8. Meeke having a nightmare rally. Drove stage 8 without a windscreen after rolling on previous one.

Neuville's off seem to have been a big one. I've only just sat down to watch some stages now. Lets hope he and Gilsoul are okay but I believe they have asked for medical assistance and stage has been red flagged.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

There was some rumours of a leg fracture for Thierry so it’s great news to hear he is well.

https://twitter.com/HMSGOfficial/status/1127235670341246976

And now that they are confirmed safe. Holy ****ing **** :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭.red.

Anyone know why the live stages and daily report just stopped on BT Sport a few rallies back? All I can find now is the hour long review of the full weekend.

.red. wrote: »
    Anyone know why the live stages and daily report just stopped on BT Sport a few rallies back? All I can find now is the hour long review of the full weekend.

I’m not sure but it was never reliable anyway. I often had it set to record only to find ****in tennis when I went to watch it. I got WRC ALL LIVE this year and I love it.

Glad Thierry and Nicolas are well
    https://twitter.com/thierryneuville/status/1127286530639388672

• Advertisement

h3000 wrote: »
    I’m not sure but it was never reliable anyway. I often had it set to record only to find ****in tennis when I went to watch it. I got WRC ALL LIVE this year and I love it
    l]

That happened me a few times but it was always repeated later so I used to record it at 2/3 am and never any issues.

[QUOfTE=.red.;110159791]Anyone know why the live stages and daily report just stopped on BT Sport a few rallies back? All I can find now is the hour long review of the full weekend.[/QUOTE]

Today on BT SPORT 2 you've got Day 2 highlights at 12.30 and stages 14 and 16 live.

jelutong wrote: »
    [QUOfTE=.red.;110159791]Anyone know why the live stages and daily report just stopped on BT Sport a few rallies back? All I can find now is the hour long review of the full weekend.

Today on BT SPORT 2 you've got Day 2 highlights at 12.30 and stages 14 and 16 live.[/quote]

Cheers, I've got them set to record, couldn't find day 1 tho, and day 3 isn't on till tomorrow.
    I couldn't find any of the daily shows for Argentina tho which is strange if their doing some but not others.

Meeke given a 1 minute time penalty for removing his windscreen in a control area. I think it's fair to say he is slightly pissed off.
    https://www.autosport.com/wrc/news/143364/meeke-penalised-for-removing-windscreen?fbclid=IwAR1_RcoY2FT2euQxVSIPmiZ2-XhxZgJmau4qzW5xXTMWpo_juLOWyyopkXg

He really needs to keep his mouth shut. He's an employee of Toyota, not an individual rally driver. His bad mouthing of Citroen and now this latest episode aren't what you expect from a professional.

Tanak wins Rally Portugal from Neuville with Ogier in third place. Meeke out on the Power Stage with damaged suspension.

After the awful news about Manus Kelly's death last weekend it's nice to see something positive about Irish rallying this morning.

I wish Craig and Paul the best of luck. I hope the car suits them. It seems to be a (WRC) one off for Finland right now but he will also do Rally Estonia. If he puts in a good performance you'd never know it could lead to more.
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BzICHDHFc_y
    It’s a bittersweet feeling this morning as I share with you all the news that Paul and I are getting our return back into the #WRC with #HyundaiMotorsport. When I found out that this was going to happen, you cannot begin to understand the excitement, it was an incredible feeling to know all our hard work was finally being recognised and we were getting our break again.
    Obviously, after last weekends events, it’s difficult to be too excited, I know one of the first messages I would be receiving without any doubt would be from Manus... However, we have to be very thankful. I have had incredible support from so many people during these last difficult months, and they all know who they are. Paul and I are determined to do the best job physically possible during our time, and we cannot wait to get started with our new team.

Thank you, everyone, for making this happen, it means the world to me.

Craig Breen came home from a great showing in Finland to take the win in the Ulster Rally in a Hyundai i20 R5 and with that the Irish Tarmac Championship. He and Paul have put in some really good performances this year I hope it leads to a WRC drive next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭mjhickeyie

h3000 wrote: »
    Craig Breen came home from a great showing in Finland to take the win in the Ulster Rally in a Hyundai i20 R5 and with that the Irish Tarmac Championship. He and Paul have put in some really good performances this year I hope it leads to a WRC drive next year.

They put in some very good performances this year in, I think, 5 different type cars.
    Really happy for both of them although a full time WRC drive next year will be hard to get.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Oops!

He did'nt put a wheel wrong all year, Hyundai are watching very closely. Adamo is a no nonsence boss and the big bosses at Hyundai want a manufactures championship WRC win.... And to get that next year they need consistancy..... Breen could fit right in with their plans. He did exactly what he was asked to do in Finland and did'nt throw it at the ditches like others.... You have to play the team game.

Advertisement