Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

U2 Experience + Innocence Tour **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales or Requests**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭ITgirl73

Do they offer a better subscription gift for the years they are not touring I wonder to keep subscriber numbers up. Looking forward to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,513 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Wooderson wrote: »
    So Bono could put on his fake eyebrows? Cmon lads. Play the blinkin’ tune.

It would have been great to have had them play it live ,it would have fitted in perfectly for MacPhisto.
    The Gavin Friday version is cack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 823 ✭✭✭q2xv9rjei4awgb

It would have been great to have had them play it live ,it would have fitted in perfectly for MacPhisto.
    The Gavin Friday version is cack.

Wouldn't have had Acrobat then. Good dilemma to have though.

Also, apart from the costume change, singers need to have some sort of a break in the set. Constantly singing for over two hours, in full voice, over a period of 7 months is going to blow up anyone's voice. There's that aspect too

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭weadick

The subscriptions are available with or without the surprise gift from the previous year. Ie. Subscribing in 2018 you could buy the 2017 surprise gift, the Joshua Tree singles on vinyl or just buy the subscription for the 2018 surprise gift which turned out to be the U2 3D vinyl.

So when resuscribing in 2019 you can choose to buy a subscription with or with the U2 3D vinyl.

Did you see there is a new gift for subscribers in 2019? Think it is a CD of a collection of live performances from Innocence/Experience. I'd imagine there will be a big drop off in subscribers with no tours planned for the foreseeable.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭bonoman66

As promised, here's a little something from Night 3...

Hope you enjoy..

• Advertisement

I'm sitting down watching Zoo TV from Sydney ,its 25 years ago this week ,27th Nov 1993.
    What a show .

It was great to have the Achtung Baby songs back for this recent tour ,three weeks on ,I must say I really enjoyed the Dublin gigs ,nothing beats seeing the band up close indoors.

Here's Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses Multicam from Night 3 as well...nice audio to accompany it..

Hope you enjoy..

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Graham1978

So much for all the talk of retirement for the band. Australia, NZ and Asia tour rumored to be announced next month .

Graham1978 wrote: »
    So much for all the talk of retirement for the band. Australia, NZ and Asia tour rumored to be announced next month .

Yes ,it will be a stadia tour though.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,711 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Yes ,it will be a stadia tour though.

wonder will it be a mix of the Joshua Tree tour with a few SOE songs added in ???

Obv it could be a while before they play Ireland or Europe again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭fafy

PTH2009 wrote: »
    wonder will it be a mix of the Joshua Tree tour with a few SOE songs added in ???

Obv it could be a while before they play Ireland or Europe again

Speculative rumours:
    It is being announced in the next 2 weeks, all outdoor gigs, starting with 2 New Zealand gigs in Auckland in new Zealand, early November, then onto Australia, and stopping in 5 cities there, Brisbane, Adelaide, Melbourne, Sydney, and finishing in Perth by the nd of November. Then onto Asia, where the obvious cities are Singapore & Japan, plus some others likely.

Japan has not had a U2 gig since 2006, while the last time they were in NZ & Australia was the 360 tour in 2010, so potentially, a lot of demand out there.

Here's one of my favorite Achtung Baby songs. A Multicamera Mix of Acrobat live from Monday Nov 5th 2018 in the 3Arena Dublin. Nice audio to go with this.

Hope you enjoy the energy, darkness, passion & rawness the band give in this version.

All my best,

Bonoman66

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭OU812

Is there a whole gig's worth of these? Would love to have a copy of the whole thing in one go

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭tritriagain

Any word on a DVD of last tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭fafy

Any word on a DVD of last tour.

I read somewhere the JT 2017 tour will be released first, Anton Corbijn directed it, coming out in the next month ir so, in a very limited cinema release, and i assume DVD also.

Then, E & I 2018 live dvd later this year.

OU812 wrote: »
    Is there a whole gig's worth of these? Would love to have a copy of the whole thing in one go

I don't think there is yet from the 4 Dublin 2018 Shows, but I believe work is underway (in the U2 Fan Community - not officially by the band etc..) & one or more of the 2018 Dublin Shows may be released at some point in the future (YouTube or other download sites). They take ages to do correctly (gathering footage, sourcing best audio, then the creative / technical editing process etc..).

I've done a couple of whole shows in the past but don't have time presently to do whole shows. I enjoy doing the multicamera editing so much that if I get time, I'll take one song & work on it to hopefully come up with something enjoyable - that's what drives me.

Just hang in there - I appreciate for flow & continuity you'd like the full show & I think you'll get what you want from Dublin 2018 but I just cannot say when.

Hope that info helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭lazer.blue

The fella who did this has put a serious amount of work into it and other videos
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dy8HzVjtFkE

lazer.blue wrote: »
    The fella who did this has put a serious amount of work into it and other videos
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dy8HzVjtFkE

He's a hard & prolific worker alright - makes some great videos. I admire his dedication. First World Problem Alert :-) - The only thing I'm not keen on personally, is where he'll sometimes use clips that are not from the main show he's editing & insert them, but that's his choice & I'm grateful for his time spent doing it overall. He creates some spectacular videos. When I'm editing a particular show/song from a specific date, I only like to use clips/angles specifically from that show or specific date.

Its incredible the quality we can access though as fans of the band from others hard work, taping video / audio, advances in consumer technology & then assembling all the shows.

We live in great times now compared to looking back on bootlegs from tours in the past (eg 80s) when I personally used to be really happy to get to see a shaky, grainy, 3rd generation VHS copy of show from Cork or Dublin ;-) or bought my 'x' generation copy analog cassettes on O'Connell Bridge from a guy with a briefcase! I've still so many of those old tapes with the fluorescent colour covers in bright Orange / Yellow / Pink...Can't say I miss the 'hiss' of the tapes or the 'wow & flutter'....

Bit of a bump .

“U2 eXPERIENCE: Live in Berlin”, a concert special filmed in November 2018, will be aired soon on television networks worldwide.
    The video was first shown on NHK BS Premium in Japan on November 30th.
    During December and January further showings will be done at various channels worldwide.
    The version being aired in most countries is a 75 minute edit, and is not the full version that will be released to home video.

Sky Arts airing in the Uk on Jan 1st .

Preview here

Looks good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

Bit of a bump .

“U2 eXPERIENCE: Live in Berlin”, a concert special filmed in November 2018, will be aired soon on television networks worldwide.
    During December and January further showings will be done at various channels worldwide.
    The version being aired in most countries is a 75 minute edit, and is not the full version that will be released to home video.

Preview here

Looks good.

Yeah looking forward to this. Seems to be the show from after the Berlin section onwards. That Bluray release will be brilliant, so depending on its release date I may hold off

• Advertisement

Bit of a bump .

Preview here

Looks good.

Exciting esp if they include a few of the rare tunes they played on that tour. Acrobat and Who's going to ride your wild horses

I wonder why they don't record any Dublin gigs during the tour. Hometown gigs would have great recording potential

• Registered Users Posts: 12,350 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Aphex Twin might be producing their next album hopefully.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Aphex Twin might be producing their next album hopefully.

Acoustic cover of "Milk Man". Suits Bono's range perfectly and so apt politically right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭SoundOfSilence

What happened to BClar and JohnPatrick81 who used to post religiously in this thread?

A nice Christmas present for U2 fans

U2Start have uploaded a superb audio recording of the full Saturday night concert in Dublin last year .

https://mega.nz/#!AsNimaYK!fBFY4n7QX0B_dQRhefjb4_pG1T68jOLIZAP_3LAtmX0

Not sure to watch the upcoming TV version of the E&I tour or wait for the full DVD release

Still can't get my head around there not ever been a screening or release of one of the shows on the 2017 Joshua Tree tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,845 ✭✭✭v10

TV version up on YouTube for those that can't wait until the 1st !

v10 wrote: »
    TV version up on YouTube for those that can't wait until the 1st !

Ah yeah...but listen to that poor audio..

This maybe a bit better...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,845 ✭✭✭v10

Yes maybe better but about 70 minutes shorter ! Roll on the official release.
    bonoman66 wrote: »
    Ah yeah...but listen to that poor audio..

This maybe a bit better...

• Advertisement

v10 wrote: »
    Yes maybe better but about 70 minutes shorter ! Roll on the official release.

Now we're down to about 65 minutes shorter :-)

Advertisement